Manchester United v Valencia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expect a stronger team aftet the Blackpool game was called off, so Rooney and Chicharito upfront, hopefully eikrem can come off the bench

Gutted about Blackpool's match, but on the bright side, players will have more time to relax, rest and have a better preparing for the tough week that lies ahead.

We need a draw to assure the first place, but certainly, Valencia goes to Old Trafford trying to cause some damage and certainly, SAF doesn't want to take the risk to face Barcelona so soon.I don't think we'll play with our strongest team, but we'll se a very strong team.

we'll see a second string team, since we have Arsenal on the weekend Fergie will not want to risk injuries, especially to the defense!
team might be a bit like this
----------VDS-----------
JOS-Brown-Smalling-Fabio
Obertan-Carrick-Anderson-Park
-----Rooney- Macheda----

though a 4-5-1 is also very likely, then i think it'll be Fletch-Carrick-Ando. Eikrem on the bench?

If we were away to Valencia and Arsenal, I think we'd put a weaker side out, we're home to both though so i'd expect a strong side out and with the game called off on the weekend we could do with carrying a bit of momentum into the Arsenal game. We're on Tuesday too where as Arsenal are on Wednesday and need to win to go through. Extra rest time and we can save some energy during the game too. I've just realised our game with Arsenal has been moved to a Monday so we might aswell play full strength, will Fergie go 4-5-1 against Arsenal? If so, Berba will play against Valencia, if he plans on playing 4-4-2 v Arsenal, Berba should be rested.

My Team vs Valencia: VDS, Rafael, Vida, Rio, Evra, Nani, Ando, Carrick, Park, Rooney, Berba.

Not sure we'll go all in..maybe some fringe players in the line up: obertan, fabio, macheda...

Valencia lost 2-0 to Real Madrid last night, only after getting a player sent off though. 2 late Ronaldo goals.

Ferguson vows to field full-strength Man Utd side v Valencia (7:45). Neither J Evans nor Brown trained on Mon, Hargreaves & Owen remain out.

Hi all!

Did you know, if United goes to next round without conceding a goal tonight, it will be a NEW RECORD set by United! there is no other team in the history of the CL which made the first round without any goals received.. I know, not really important but still a nice fact.

whats your guys predictions for tonight? I go for a 2-1 for United

I hope if Anderson plays, he's mentally well, 'cause this week hasn't been so good for him. Unfortunately, his father passed away last Friday.

Looking forward to this now, it would be good if we managed another clean sheet tonight.

I'm going to go 2-0 to United!

I hope if Anderson plays, he's mentally well, 'cause this week hasn't been so good for him. Unfortunately, his father passed away last Friday.
what?? didn't know that, poor anderson, just when he had a good spell...hope he's ok!

Didn't know about Anderson's father, hope he is okay.

It's going to be freezing tonight. Come on United!

I read Anderson's father died when he was a child
Just to clarify, I did a research on some sites here and figured that it was his non-biological father who died last friday. And despite that, they had a close relationship.

Indeed, his biological father passed away in 2001.

The translated article

The father of Manchester United player Anderson died last Friday after suffering a heart attack in a Futsal veterans match in city of Julio de Castillos, 349km away from Porto Alegre.

Jorge Alberto Gomez, known as a backpack by the residents of Julio de Castillos, was not the biological father of the player, but he had a close relationship with the Manchester United's player, according to the municipal council.

The Heart attack occurred when it was just 20 seconds to end the final tournament for veterans. George received first aid by a doctor who accompanied the game and was taken for treatment at the Hospital Sales Bernardina de Barros, According to the mayor, Jorge also was taken to University Hospital of Santa Maria, but could not resist.

The funeral took place the body on Saturday morning, in Julio de Castillos, and burial in the afternoon the same day. Anderson could not attend the funeral.

http://esportes.terra.com.br/notici...dor+Anderson+morre+em+partida+de+futebol.html

Back on my laptop after a day off.

Rio can play the next 3 games but I think he'll get rested for 1 of the 2 games in 3 days. I think it's good to get a regular first 11 playing. Apparently tonight will be the 150th game in a row that Fergie has changed the side. Maybe I read that wrong though. If true, shows how hard it is to predict a United lineup.

Starting XI: Amos; Rafael, Vidic, Ferdinand, Fabio; Nani, Carrick, Anderson, Park; Berbatov, Rooney

Subs: TK, Giggs, Smalling, Hernandez, Fletcher, Obertan, Macheda

Loving the fact that Amos is starting with a first team outfield, nice to see Fabio getting the chance again after last week's Carling Cup exit.

Heard Evra was training away from the first team today as was Scholes. Makes sense not to risk them. Carrick and Ando seem our best midfield combination, if it goes well again tonight, they'll start with Fletch or Scholes against Arsenal, if Fergie goes 4-5-1.

Rio's crocked :( looks like they're about to replace him with Smalling

Knew Anderson would come good. Wish the fans would stop shouting "shooooott" all the time

Dont like this formation with Berba on his own and Rooney on the left...not one bit

If rooney is up top then i wouldnt mind but berba on his own is not for me

Disappointed chicharito didnt come on for 15 mins atleast. Very sloppy in possession at times. Anderson MOTM for me.

Ando is turning a corner just like Nani did. Need to keep him fit though. Amos impressed me, could do with a loan in Jan if we keep TK until summer. Carrick was great apart from the blunder for the goal, to be fair though, Fabio was out of position and not marking his man, Fabio will learn from that. Saw the old Rooney again tonight, touch is back, eye for goal is back, confidence coming back, could have done with a goal before next Monday.

Job done, on to the last 16...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back