Manchester United v Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Van Der Sar
Neville Ferdinand Vidic Evra
Valencia Fletcher Scholes Nani
Berbatov Rooney

I would go with that starting 11 for the reminder of the season.

Neville has done well enough against players which I thought he'd struggle against - Bellamy, Ribery. Another big test this weekend against Bale.

Bale has done really well at Lane but not so much away from Lane.just look at Spurs vs Sunderland.He was shit throughout.I'm unfazed about the match.United will definitely win if they get back to playing the way they did till march.

To be honest, I'm wary of this match more than I have been in previous seasons. Confidence in the Spurs team will be sky high after thier recent results. Hopefully we dont give them a 2 goal start like last season cos I cant see us scoring 5 if we stick with 4-5-1 formation.

Spurs were top of the table with 4 wins out of 4 at start of the season and we were still soaring a bit from the defeat at burnley.Still we beat them at LANE which no othe "big four" team has done all season and came away with 3 pts with 10 men.That was the best performance of the season imo_Only United and Stoke have won at Spurs.look at their away form..they lost 3-0 to both Arsenal and Chelsea and lost to Liverpool 2-0 as well.They lost to wolves too I'm confident of a win.!

I think we'll win. Agree, the reverse fixture was one of our better performances of season, Fletcher and Rooney were superb if I remember correctly. Hopefully Spurs will show the effects of recent games which is another reason why we should play the higher tempo 4-4-2 formation and tire Spurs out.

United have for the most part put an end to all good runs this season,when a team was red hot it was United that ended that run.Having said that,If we can play good without the ball and better with it,then it will be lights out for Spurs.

Spurs beat an Arsenal side ridden with injuries so its no surprise that they won.Spurs have beaten Chelsea at White Hart Lane since 2006 so I was expecting a draw or a Spurs win.I really couldn't see a Chelsea win tbh.I'm confident as ver that even United players will be in good spirit after the dramatic win over Citeh..

Yeah I agree, United players will have the bit between their mouth. The line "Spurs have beaten Chelsea at White Hart Lane since 2006" is my worry. When was last time Spurs beat us at home, cant remember? If the game was at White Hart Lane I'd be worried but with the game at ours is the reason I think we'll win.

Is the early kick off a worry? We've struggled a tad with early Saturday kick off's

I was confident when I thought the game was at the Lane but now I'm even more confident. Berba and Carrick to score. 2-0 boom. Chelsea draw with Stoke. Will that take us top? Why didn't we beat Blackburn. Twice they've done this to us now isn't it? 1995 I think was the first. Forgive if i'm wrong I was only 3 going on 4.

if Berba and Carrick do score against their former club imagine the reaction after all the criticism they have suffered recently :lol: I fancy Chelsea and Stoke drawing which will take us top by one point if we beat Spurs.

Can remember us beating Blackburn at home in 94/95 season (Cantona scoring a header), cant remember the away fixture to be honest. Around 95 Blackburn were a top team (winning title in 94/95 season) so perhaps less of a surprise we dropped points.

am very confident with this one.
we seem like always can win over this side. how many times we bounched back in the second half over Spurs? is it 2 or 3 times?

my squad will be...
VDS
Nev-Vida-Evans-Evra
Valencia-Fletch-Scholes-Park--Nani
Rooney/Berbatov

Spurs' midfield is theie key. Their striker is not that creative like our Roo or Berbatov.
so i think we should put 5 mids with one striker upfront.

CMON YOU REDS!!!!!

we've made a fair few comebacks against Spurs, can think of three occasions off the top of my head - coming back to win 5-3 after being 3-0 down at half time. Last season only ( :) ) 2-0 down at half time to win 5-2 and earlier this season we were only 1-0 down after one minute and a man sent off to win 3-1.

Can anyone else think of other occasions?

yes that 5-3 and 5-2 are what i mean.
we'll play the first match of the gameweek, so if we can get 3 points over Spurs then the pressure on chelsea will be getting bigger.
Without their lesbian-haircut-captain i believe Stoke will do a favour for us...

the 5-3 was a great game. Yeah lets pile the pressure on Chelsea and hope the nerves they have shown in recent weeks grow. With Delap's thrown in's Terry is a big loss. Think Stoke can get a draw.

dunno why but i prefer to depend on Stoke than Liverpool...
what can they do with Ngog upfront??? yes they still have Gerrard but who the hell is Gerrard this season???
and with they are having Europa League semis, for me the key is Stoke game.

but before supporting Stoke for only 90 minutes LOL, lets hope for the best on Spurs game.

ugh....hate to admit that we have to depend on other team result

I'm relying on Stoke rather than Liverpool also. Been listening to Liverpool fans on the radio for last hour saying they want to lose 4-0 against Chelsea.

agree Gerrard has been rubbish this season. Ngog, think he is young and inconsistent, think he will be decent in a few years (cant believe i'm praising a Liverpool player :twisted: )

aye, spot on. We have to look after our own performance against Spurs before coming Stoke fans.

i heard about that also...very small mentality...they really afraid with the number of 19 eh? hahaha

scousers just realized that Xabi Alonso > Liverpool

thursday night....channel 5! :D

:lol: small time mentality indeed :) will be great if Liverpool beat Chelsea but fail to qualify for Europa League. That would be really funny :)

Liverpool go on all the time how much they miss Alonso. But when he first signed for Madrid, Liverpool fans were saying Alonso only had two good seasons and it was good business to get 20 odd million for him. Liverpool fans have changed their tune since... :)

Spurs weren't even that good against Chelsea really, they were just better. Chelsea were shit and Spurs should have won about 8-0, some shocking finishing and some brilliant saves from Cech which was odd considering how out of form he's been this season.

yeah, Spurs missed some right sitters towards end of match. How on earth did Pavlyuchenko miss that chance at the end?!?!

Stoke can get something against Chelsea cos Chelsea have only one central defender fit.I just hope Delap throws everything into the goal! ;)

Liverpool must stay in hunt for 4th spot.I can see Spurs and City losing this week.City may draw.So if Liverpool win then they will much closer to them and with Spurs-City clash at Eastlands still pending I can see Liverpool still in for a much better chance of finishing 4th than they do now.So I think they will go for the kill against Chelsea as well.

Chelsea's away form is awful.They have lost to Spurs,Villa,City(all of whom we were unbeaten away).Everton..they drew at Hull :lol: ,West Ham(whom we hammered just 2 weeks earlier).

They beat United at OT cos of their fatigue nothing else.and everyone wins at Arsenal so other than these two they have lost to almost every team in top half).So there is still plenty of hope to drop points at Anfield..

And BTW Chelsea beat stoke at home last season courtesy of a Lampard winner in 93rd minute.They trailed in the 47th min due to Delap's goal then Lampard equalised in 75th or so and then scored a dramatic winner on a day when Berba's winner at Bolton sent United top..(I think it was the same day)

If you could pick a game for Terry to miss Stoke would be one of the teams high in the list - a big physical team liking to put themselves about.

Chelsea also struggled to beat Stoke earlier this season at the Britania needing an injury time winner from Drogba. However, Chelsea comfortably beat Stoke in the FA Cup a couple of months ago.

That was Britannia and its always difficult there.So could be difficult again.And the winner was scored by Malouda ;)

gravedigga said:
Can't hardly wait for Spurs at home!!!!
CMON YOU REDS!!!!!
WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED!

can realy understand you :p !!!

But I´m confident we will win ... it will be hard fought but we will win!

avenkat said:
That was Britannia and its always difficult there.So could be difficult again.And the winner was scored by Malouda ;)

oh was it Malouda.

KaWolken said:
gravedigga said:
Can't hardly wait for Spurs at home!!!!
CMON YOU REDS!!!!!
WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED!

can realy understand you :p !!!

But I´m confident we will win ... it will be hard fought but we will win!

Score prediction, ka? See if you can be wrong just like me :D

Hey UR,

Starting Line Up : VDS,Rafael,Ferdinand,Vidic,Evra,Valencia,Fletcher,Scholes,Park,Berbatov,Rooney

Prediction 3 - 1

Go Red Devils !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back