Manchester United v Newcastle United

Status
Not open for further replies.
eeeeeeeeeekkkkkkk! excited would be an understatement, although I think we'll win, I don't think it'll be straightforward, however if we do play really well, it's a sign of good things, we ain't started a season well since we hammered Fulham... was it 5-0? Wasn't that after the WC too?

In my opinion the World Cup players are in better shape at the start of the season, they're still match sharp really.

Carrick, Scholes and Fletch if we play with one upfront probably Rooney. I fancy Hernandez and Berba in a 4-4-2 though.

Hernandez is in red hot form, scoring for Mexico also.
he made me drop Chamakh and bring him in in my fantasy prem team.

my strike force now is all Man Utd
Rooney-Hernandez-Diouf
lol

haha, I would go with Hernandez, not completely sure he's going to play a lot though at the moment, if he keeps it up though, it'll be hard not to play him.

yeah, its risky, as he's most likely to make substitute appearanes in the begining, but hoping his pace and movement, coupled with teired defenders should earn him a few chances!

Good point, you should get extra points for goalscoring subs.

Just realised something, Sol Campbell will be debuting for Newcatle, and we'll have Hernandez coming off the bench for us, if Campbell plays, i can't wait to see the fun a one on one chase between Campbell and Javier will be like!! :D :D

Now i'm even more excited to watch the game :D

Sol recently said he wasn't going to be fit for the start of the season... shame.

The Guardian have him down as a doubt. Hope he does play though.

Sol's fitness levels are appalling, i saw a few pics of his recently training with Newcastle, he looks overweight

His fitness is why he said he won't be ready for the start of the season and I doubt he will be ready. Hope he does play though, would be much easier with him in. Wouldn't be playing if Steven Taylor was fit.

I don't think newcastle will be a walk over as they've something to prove since it'll be there first game back in the premiership, but utd will still beat them by 1-0/2-0. (I got the community shield result right).

If (and I think he will) chicharito gets on he will expose that glipe sol Campbell for what he really is......A LOST CAUSE!

Yeah I don't think it'll be straight forward either. I'd rather them give us a tough game and win 1-0 to be honest than have a straight forward game like Chelsea did today.

Who would be in your starting 11 for this match?

Mine is: VDS, O'Shea, Evans, Vidic, Fabio, Valencia, Fletcher, Scholes, Nani, Berbatov, Owen.

Maybe O'Shea at LB and Wesley or Rafa at RB though.

-------Berbatov---Owen/Hernandez--

--Nani----Scholes--Fletcher---Valencia--

--Fabio----Evans--Vidic----O'Shea/Rafael--

--------------VDS----

Subs: Tomasz, Brown, Rafael/O'Shea, Hernandez, Giggs, Cleverley/Carrick/Gibson , Park;

Cleverley might be on the bench instead of Carrick due to his versatility. not sure about Gibson either!

Carrick played too well last Sunday to leave him out, there's Giggs and Park for versatility aswell. Not sure whether we can accomodate both twins in the starting lineup at the moment, O'Shea will either be on the left or right with one of the twins in their position. Agree with it apart from them.

So hard to pick the lineup at this stage of the season. Anyone could play really. Is Rooney really injured?

aye, read it too, got injured while playing for England it seems, if he did, unlikely to be risked.
tht's why i left him out

With the form of Hernandez and the growing partnership between him and Berba I think they should start now.

Rooney should not be risked especially after last season when we kept rushing him back in. I think we can rely on him a lot less this season.

3-0 to united is my guess. oh, wait, which United? lol. Rooney likes playing against Newcastle and must bring back good memories of some corking goals scored against them. I have a feeling it'll be berba to score one and set up rooney, and valencia to score the third. Carrick and fletch in the middle! can't wait. Have to admit though, Hernandez is 50-50 to score if he starts and it'd be easy to see him being on the sheet. Got to be honest, in July I thought chelsea would walk away with hte league, their preseason has been so bad that I changed my mind, what with the form of our forwards, but they were good yesterday (although they will face nobody playing worse all season..) United to start the season as we intend to end it. by winning. (we started too with a Trophy and we'll end it with the big number 19!)

Think it may be quite a cagey opening to this game; clearly they will be up for it and their travelling support will have been in good voice for much of the pre match warm up. I think United will just have a look at them and see what they are about, then pick them off. If United manage to score in the first 10-15 minutes we can expect a comfortable night, because Chelsea are already off and running and United wont want to fall too far behind in terms of goal difference this early in the season. Rooney's fitness is an issue but his record against Newcastle is blistering. I'd still start him I think, because bench time isnt going to improve his fitness at all; he needs games now. I think you may see him start and then a cameo of a potential Berbatov / Chicharito partnership for the last half hour, when the game is (fingers crossed) put to bed.

If their defence is reliant on Sol Campbell holding it together, it could be a very very long night for the travelling Geordies...Steven Taylor is out, which is a huge blow for them. Scholes in midfield threading balls through for Rooney and Berba could be like watching someone kick a kitten to death!

Smith and Nolan in midfield will put a lot of graft in. Smith seems to have a vendetta against us too. I recall quotes at the end of last season that he wanted Chelsea to win the title.

I'll be happy with just a 1-0 or 2-1 win at this stage of the season but I hope for more.

lol, i don't think Alan Smith left us in Anger...he left because he wanted to be a regular first teamer and after that injury it looked very unlikely he'd be back to his best

I think I must have dreamt it because I can't find the quotes anywhere. Even if he did say it I got nothing against him. Went through everything with us and for us. And to come back from a broken leg and help Newcastle get promoted, he should be hailed. Hope he has a good game but we win. All the best to him. Hopefully he can do us a favour and help Newcastle beat our title rivals.

If we draw, I hope history repeats itself. we won the title and they got relegated! :lol:

haha. I'd very much like to get off to a good start this season though, we always have a brilliant end to the season, start of the season we slip up a fair bit, if we can start well, we'll be in a very good position. Everyone knows that in the 2nd half of the season we are much stronger. Even last season... we would have won the league on 2010 form.

Would like to come to OT again as soon as possible :/ ...

Hope this year we can start the season well and after Chelsea won 6:0 I hope we can go out there and do a great game just to show we are strong enough to play the game for Trophy !!!

Van der Sar; O'Shea, Vidic, Evans, Evra; Valencia, Fletcher, Scholes, Nani; Berbatov, Rooney.

TK, Rafa, Smalling, Carrick, Giggs, Kiko, Hernandez make up the bench. No Owen.

JSNFRMN_MUFC said:
Van der Sar; O'Shea, Vidic, Evans, Evra; Valencia, Fletcher, Scholes, Nani; Berbatov, Rooney.

nice starting 11!

realy I cant´wait any more... now I want to see the start for United ...
I feel Like a small baby on Christmas

Can't wait for kick off!!!!! I am surprised evra is starting though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back