Manchester United v Chelsea April 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
1-1 draw, we'll score first and Chelsea will score a late equaliser.

hope SAF picks a 4-5-1 formation.

-----------------------VDS

--------------Nev Rio Vidic Evra

-----Valencia Fletcher Carrick Scholes Nani

--------------------Berbatov

yeah, think we'll see a 4-5-1 also. Cant see Fergie throwing Diouf or Macheda in for such a big game. No doubt one or both will be on subs if needed.

The recipe is simple we have to own the midfield.My view of this game suffers from being naive,although I have much faith in Berbatov - I would say Utd would be practising to perfection their set-plays if you can understand that ?Both teams won't be giving away an inch understandably.

Utd are known to produce some of their most memorable games when they are pushed in to a corner with no way out but forward - Just for the novelty;I dare say the equalizer or winner will come from the most unlikely source...?

Go Red Devils !!!

agree NR, which team wins the midfield battle will go along way to winning the match.
Your point about set pieces is a good one, NR. Last season we beat Chelsea 3-0 scoring from two set pieces.

Give us a proper score prediction? :)

...lol "a score prediction," this will be way off the mark - Man Utd 2 Chelsea 1
(Giggs 68,Berbatov 74) - (Lampard 44 pen)

Vidic (red card)
Belleti(red card)

Yellow Cards - will be the usual suspects Scholes,Ballack...etc

F.A. action will be taken against SAF as per usual in games like this.Mike Dean will be dubbed a Tos**r by the Old Trafford faithful and you and I will be here gloating in a few days time...lol

P.S.I hope we give the Blues a good caning like they use to do,back when I was in college !

Scholes being a usual suspect :lol:
I'll settle for a 2-1 win, let's hope we'll be gloating cos if we win we'll have one hand on the Premier League trophy :)

do you think Giggs will start? What is the starting line-up you would select?

Starting line up - Van Der Sar,Neville,Ferdinand,Vidic,Evra,Valencia,Fletcher,Carrick,Scholes,Nani,Berbatov.I think Giggs should come off the bench as shock treatment.Also Giggs needs no time to get into a match like Nani,..etc.

(edit)Just a special mention on Carrick who has come under much scrutiny with the fans.I feel he has been more consistent than not;and at times it appears he suffers from panic attacks in big games and flutters around the pitch in no-mans land.But...when he's hot he's cooking.

I for one am guilty of branding and slandering him at times.He is a defensive midfielder is he not ?To watch others play their game and pass him without effort illustrates my frustration,but still,he has performed well this season.

Is he fit to wear the red jersey ?At united the CMF should be the rank of admiral not lieutenant.

I'm a big fan of Carrick, i'm not sure why he comes of the criticism he does. Admittedly, he had a shocker against Bayern but I think his form had dropped off slightly in recent games so is perhaps the main reason for his poor performance.

Personally, I wouldnt class Carrick as a defensive midfielder as I dont see him as your classical defensive midfielder. Think Carrick suffers cos of the previous centre midfield at United - Robson, Keane, Ince etc. Fletcher is a better comparison to these players. I wouldnt discount what Carrick has achieved at the club, he has been part of a team unit that has won everything.

A draw would be a great result for Arsenal as it would mean we both drop points. With Chelsea and Arsenal drawing games recently this game has become a must not lose rather than a must win - we can get away with a draw in it and it would be a good result for us. I'd take it if offered, but if we play for a draw like we have done a few times against them in recent years I'd be furious, the history and tradition of this football club demands nothing less than going for the win

cant imagine Fergie ever setting out a team with the intention of drawing. I would take a draw also, it would allow Arsenal back into title challenge but I think Arsenal have key players missing till end of season so will drop points.

Cometh the hour cometh the man.

Time for Berbatov to stand up and be counted.

spot on mate. The defining moment in Berbatov's Manchester United career. Win the title for United and he'll silence his critics once and for all.

United_Road said:
spot on mate. The defining moment in Berbatov's Manchester United career. Win the title for United and he'll silence his critics once and for all.

I hope he can step up and silence his critics once and for all!

We will see

My team

-----------------Van der Sar

-------Neville Ferdinand Vidic Evra

---Valencia Fletcher Park Carrick Nani

------------------Berbatov

Ah of course I forgot to post my team but I agree with you this Time... with this Team we can beat Chelski!!!

Team for me

Defence easy as usual when everyone is fit

Van der Sar
Vidic
Ferdinand
Evra

Rafael or Neville?? probably Neville due to his experience. Both twins seem to give away easy freekicks in danger areas.
Fletcher - but I do wonder if he is going to run out of steam. How many times can he give the performance he gives in big match situations
Giggs
Carrick
Valencia
Nani
Berbatov - prove all those idiots wrong!!!

Starting team:

----------------Vds

---------Nev Rio Vida Evra

--------Scholes Fletcher Park

--------Valencia Berba Giggs.

Van der Sar - 7

Evra - 6
Vidic - 7
Ferdinand - 6
Neville - 5.5

Giggs - 5
Scholes - 5