Manchester United v Bursaspor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think changes were obvious before the game today with Scholes and Rooney being on the bench. Giggs injured so obviously there will be someone new in there too. 2 CM's from today haven't played much so expect Scholes and Fletcher to play there. Might also be a change at RB and maybe even CB with Rio. Might even see a change at GK, not because of Edwin's blunder but Fergie does do it quite a bit in the group stages.

I can see it being

VDS

Rafael Vidic Evans Evra

Nani Fletcher Scholes Park

Berbatov Chicarito

I don't think fergie will go 4-5-1 because bursaspor aren't too threatening, and we're at home too, also they'll be no rooney because of this injury

The best way to solve or ameliorate a problem TO WIN.So that's all I ask now. Win. Preferably, a comfortable win. And it is perfectly possible.

No Giggs, no Owen, no Evans and probably, no Park. I hope finally see Obertan on the field If the problem was fitness, I believe there is no more. Nearly a month training and playing with the reserve is more than enough to recover it. But I have a feeling he will not start.

van der Sar, Rafael, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Fletcher, Carrick, Scholes, Nani, Berba, Chicharito

TK, Brown, Smalling, Vidic, Rafael/Fabio, Obertan, Gibson, Fletcher, Park, Berbatov, Kiko/Owen/Chicha.

TK to get the nod this week, Amos will play vs Wolves I think. Rio could do with a rest I reckon. Rafael's played a bit at LB this season, i'd prefer to see Fabio play though if fit, Obertan hopefully will get a chance on the left or right, Gibson and Fletch will likely play in the middle, chance for Gibson to prove us wrong, i'd like Hernandez to play with Berba but he played full 90 on Saturday after a trip to Mexico but I can't see him starting vs Stoke away on the weekend due to their physicality so Berba and the more experienced Owen may start there or a 451 with Berba and Kiko starting tomorrow, feel Chicha may be best off the bench and Kiko could do with a start... especially now.

2000th game of Fergie's managerial career (that's including the 3 he's missed, his time at East Stirlingshire, St. Mirren, Aberdeen and Scotland... I believe)

hmmm... might see a 4-5-1 against Stoke then. Injuries and other news went completely missed really.

Kuszczak; Rafael, Smalling, Vidic, Evra; Nani, Fletcher, Carrick, Anderson, Park; Macheda

Amos Neville, Berbatov, Hernandez, Bebe, O'Shea Obertan

After being informed of his 2000th managerial game. Fergie said "It feels like the 10,000th after this week"

Bit of both. While we're packing out the midfield here, playing Kiko on his own could be dangerous. Tipped him to get a hat-trick though. Stronger side than I expected, I don't think many thought it would be this strong.

Half started well with a Nani goal but faded out. Need to control in midfield more. Fletch and Evra have looked near back to their usual though. Kiko and Park have been pretty anonymous.

Yep, at least we won though which is all that could have been asked for after the week so far. Fergie needs to sort our midfield out.

Fergie on Rooney: "We'll put the situation to bed tomorrrow"

Fergie is handling this with admiration. I adore him even more than I did before.

Don't think it'll be the end of it tomorrow but we'll see, it needs to end, it's a distraction, a big one, which is what makes the win a big one.

Have you read the press conference quotes mate? Some belters in there even a random one about cows, really good metaphor though.

Terrible game, "empty" stadium and a not very excited crowd. :unsure:

SAF has to stop to take that "risks". Ok, we only faced Bursaspor, and it's important the team rotation, but he doesn't remember the Rangers game? And the squad has had influence on the performance tonight. Especially when he decides to play at HOME with only one striker. And that striker was Macheda, clearly not suited for the role. But After all, some things were good to see.

Rafael has improved greatly, mainly in the tackles and defensive positioning. Evra and Fletcher returned to normal. At least today. And even with that annoying divings and other things, Nani has saved the team again. Need more maturity, oddly enough, but it has been shown some regular performances, unlike the previous seasons. And he's regular at the highest level. And that's what the team needs from him.

On the negative side, for once, Park and his total uselessness. run, struggles, tries to score, but nothing useful happens. Obertan could be much more effective than him, hitting the post.

We won. And ultimately, that's all that matters now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back