Manchester United v Blackburn Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Fletch, probs No Scholes, so as stated above, partnership likely to be Ando and Carrick, might see Eikrem on the bench... hoping to. Team above probably the team i'd select but I think Park might come in for Giggs after he played 90(?) on Wednesday. I hope Fergie sticks with Berba, get a bit of consistency upfront again. Chicha can work his magic off the bench.

-----------vds----------
---rafael-vidic-rio-evra---
nani--carrick--anderson--park
----chicharito--????-----

Van der Sar; Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra; Nani, Anderson, Carrick, Park; Rooney, Berbatov

I love that United's medical Staff. Fletch was injuried and (appearently) ruled out from today's game. And now, he's on the bench

Expecting a tight 2-1 win for united today - although I hope it is more comfortable

Come on berbatov go on and get your second hatrick for the season And shut the critics up

he's now on 5!!!!!!

United on 7!!!!

HOLY HELL!!!! LMAO!!!

Could have been 8, great save from Paul Robinson to deny Berba 6. What a performance. Sensational. 1 to 11 were class. Keep it up lads.

A bit of a shame in not keeping a clean sheet. But never mind that, it was simply brilliant.

I know I feel a bit gutted that we didn't keep clean sheet which is silly

great performance, we could have scored 10 easily, but we slowed down towards the end, would have been brilliant if Berba got a double hattrick.

Great day for United. Been a while since we've handed out a thrashing.I have nothing but praise for Berbatov.This is how you do it.Even the great man himself, Eric Cantona, would’ve been proud.Having not scored for two months, this is how you do it.With your future deemed uncertain by the press,this is how you do it.Berbatov loved it.Five goals and,to be brutally honest,he could have had a couple more.And it was the re-emergence of his favourite strike partner,Wayne Rooney,that brought him unimaginable happiness.Rooney was spectacular,as was Nani,Anderson,heck…the whole team.Anderson has been brilliant today,an absolute top notch performance.Our midfield looked so energetic. We haven't looked like this in ages. Scholes probably has something to do with it even though he's been crucial to the team this past year.Fergie seems to have finally found a way to use Park too. He barely stayed on the wing today.But today was about one man.It was a pleasure to watch.And you feel there is more to come.Much more.

I love the way he plays his football! At present is there a better right back in the league than Rafael? Watching Berbatov's hattrick goal again,it was probably the most laid-back counter in history! Bebartov: 19/10 for today's 5 star performance

I feel bad for saying this but I think Scholes and Giggs should be given bit-part roles from now on. While Scholes can still knock 50-70 yard passes around and dictate play we look overrun when he plays especially when playing 4-4-2, not so much when playing 4-5-1 but still we'd be better off playing Ando instead of him as he's get more energy to run around.

Giggs and Scholes picking up niggling injuries quite a bit now too. I fear this the end for them.

Having watched the highlights on MOTD..... i have to say... that was DAMN FUN to watch...

Rooney may not have got the goals.... but i dare say he had a part in all of them (Didn't he?)

Berba.... worth his £30m tag today :D

Ando's ability to run with the ball is good. Not just with the ball either he was running everywhere, considering he ain't played much in the last month, his fitness was good.

95 passes out of 99 today for Ando. 1 assist, involved in most goals and chances. 1st goal started from him challenging Robinson for the ball on the floor.

I don't care if Rooney scored or not
i will never cheer for him or chant his name
but will cheer for the club
if he does something good, i ll be happy. not for him. but for the club
he can duly feck off

Brilliant performance
Where have all the Berbatov haters gone now?

UNITED TOP OF THE LEAGUE
UNITED! TOP OF THE LEAGUE!

The best thing with this match was that several, if not all, players was brilliant. Only negative thing was evans being a bit "off" and allowing Samba that goal. But who wouldn't be a bit too calm and relaxed after 80 or something minutes when your up 7-0....

Brilliant display...we def. deserve to be to of the league!

Ando used his change of pace very well against rovers, he seems to be slow and lazy when he plays, but when he makes a run he just moves up a few gears to accelerate past players, really fun to watch!

Agree the 3rd goal is one of the best, not your typical screamer goal of the season, but the 3rd was simply brilliant, Berba sprinting wide just outside the box, knocks it to Evra, Evra to Berba, Berba backheel to Evra, Evra back to Berba, Berba's outside of the boot pass to Ando, Ando through ball for Nani, Nani running at goal, cuts back inside, passes through a slight gap and there's Berba to place it in through the bodies. Class personified.

How many times can we watch the game where all players play well? Yesterday's was a rare example of that. Although, i admit that Blackburn was the the best possible opponent to face then. Awful defense (the 2nd goal from Berbatov shows that), bad in marking, bad passing, no creative midfield and a total void in attack. Anyway, United has nothing to do with it.

I've always been of the opinion that, even annoying me with some of their performances, the contribution of berbatov on the team goes beyond the goals, although the goals are essential to his confidence. And with five goals scored, his confidence will be high up there. Even with some people underestimate what he did yesterday (oddly enough), he made history yesterday.

Performances like we seen yesterday is what makes me believe in Anderson. Played as in 2008. Superb match.

Rooney deserved to score yesterday. Unfortunately, he didn't. Anyway, it was an excellent performance. His creativity, his skill in passing, his effort ... he begins to regain his old form. But what impressed me most was seeing how well the Rooney-Berba partnership worked well yesterday. The link-up, quick passing, movement .... all perfect.

Top of the table, unbeaten and top goalscorer. All perfect weekend!

Watched every game this season until yesterday (shocking) last time I get dragged around Poxy expensive German markets :( anyway caught up with highlights and was thoroughly chuffed with the teams performance.All of them looked up for it and good to see Berbatov banging them in for once.Nice to see the ball being fizzed around and playing with a good tempo,which suits our game perfectly and a performance long overdue.Not read other posts on this thread but what I've seen from the highlights on MOTD Anderson looked sharp and appeared to have a good game in place of Scholesy.
So Top of the league today :) scousers lose and a home tie in the FA Cup ! remember last time we did the Scousers in the FA Cup we won the treble ! you never know.
Please accept my apologies for missing the best performance of the season to be dragged shopping! wont happen again.

£3.50 a pint £1 for the glass ffs, hog roast baguette did the job thou. Yes shocking even text a mate to keep me updated and only texts me after the match 7-1 and I'm going yeah f**King wind up lol had to nip in Brannigans to double check and of course another beer considerably cheaper than the Germans.

I've said it for a while, but Berbatov is at his best when playing with another striker upfront, Although Rooney didn't score, I thought his presence helped the 5 star Bulgarian immensely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back