Manchester United v Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
4-5-1. Rooney alone. Ando, Fletch, Carrick. Park left midfield.

Fergie went with Rooney left, Berba alone and Park central for end of the match, could be testing it ahead of Monday. Not a fan of Berba alone but with Rooney left, Nani right and Ando through the middle he'll get the right support. No support has been his problem when alone.

----------VDS-----------
RAFAEL-RIO-VIDIC-RAFAEL
---CARRICK--FLETCHER--
-------ANDERSON------
NANI --------------PARK
--------ROONEY--------

Fabregas is set to miss the game apparently i think it's because he doesnt want to get shi*tted on by Anderson. Nasri is the one to watch.

Fabreagas rarely does much in big games anyway. Nasri is the dangerman, inform and a much improved player since his arrival in England.

Unfortunate for Gibbs tonight he might play for Arsenal but i rate him highly

I always spell Fabregas... "Fabreagas" for some reason. Weird. Yeah, gutting for Gibbs not got a clean break in his short career so far. Shame for us too, might have handed us a goal again. ha. Saw little from Arsenal tonight to be afraid of, feel we can contain their Attack and their defence looks just a bit better than Blackburn's did the other week.

I seem to remember Ando's best game before this season, being against Arsenal... that's where his chant came from wasn't it?

I'd go 4-5-1 against Arsenal with Rooney up top on his own but if we were to start with two up top I'd love to see Hernandez given a go. Arsenal can't defend and ,as Nani and Wazza exposed last season, they lack pace so I would have Chicharito over Berba.
Berba has lots of qualities but I think in a game like this we need to play with a high tempo, akin to the first 40 mins against Bayern last year, who also can't defend.
Really looking forward to this game I think it will be a cracker....... Sebastian Squillaci could be our match winner in this one !

I'm expecting an incredible game. I still feel some anger when I remember that 0-0 at 03-04.t will be an incredible game. I still feel anger when I remember that 0-0 at 03-04. Espacially if we consider all events. Before, during and after the game.

My doubt is about the formation: 4-4-2 or 4-5-1? the team has played better in the 4-4-2, but 4-5-1 has worked well in the derbies.

On 4-4-2: van der Sar, Rafael, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Nani, Scholes, Anderson, Giggs, Rooney, Berba

On 4-5-1: van der Sar, Rafael, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Scholes, Anderson, Park, Nani, Giggs, Rooney.

The must-wing match. I'm looking forward to it

Just got tickets for tomorrow off a friend :) taking my boy with me,who's not been for a bit, who is now practicing all the songs lol. Tough game,but one I feel we can win especially with home advantage.Who do we go for in Midfield thats the key for me tomorrow !
VDS
RAFAEL RIO VIDIC EVRA
NANI SCHOLES ANDERSON PARK
BERBATOV ROONEY

With Arsenal's youthful midfield, i'd be inclined not to go with Scholes especially not in a 2 man midfield. Midfield 3 maybe. But I think we should go with Ando and either Fletch or Carrick, leaning towards Carrick due to that working out well recently. I think we'll go 3 in midfield though with Ando, Fletch, Carrick. Undecided over whether Rooney or Park will play on the left and whether Rooney or Berba should play upfront. Back 5 settled, depending on fitness of Evra.

Team -
Vds
Vidic
Rio
Evra
Rafael
Carrick
Anderson
Nani
Scholes
Berbatov
Park

Nervous and excited about the match already!!!! At least it's one thing to look forward to on a cold Monday morning.

The Chilean miners are also in Manchester to watch the match.

Tevez haha city fans!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the exit door

Getting excited for this one now,a must win game ! my sons bouncing off the walls here ready to go, he should be in a Christmas show tonight,but the lads got his priorities right the only theatre he wil see is the one of dreams ! ;)

Hope they enjoy the game

article-0-0C759BDA000005DC-114_634x260.jpg

Scholes apparently struggling to make it tonight. Wasn't in my starting lineup due to the fact of his recent absence, but still a loss if true. Ando, Carrick and Fletcher would be my choice in midfield.

Again, Scholes is out. It's unconfirmed but likely. Scholesy didn't get any injuries last season if I remember correctly, seems to be picking up a few this season, bit of a worry. Ando's current form is a blessing, hopefully he can continue recent form tonight.

Confirmed: VDS, Rafa, Rio, Vida, Evra, Carrick, Ando, Nani, Park, Roo, Berba

4-4-2 surprises me if i'm honest. But it's encouraging.

Hang on, wrong above. VDS, Rafa, Rio Vidic Evra. Carrick, Fletcher. Nani, Anderson, Park. Rooney.

Berba on the bench.

That's better lol, i think we can give them a good hiding

I think berba should be starting. Rooney better stand up and show he is worth the money he gets. Not impressed with him at all this season yet everyone chants his name as if he is the greatest player in the world.

By far the better team. Anderson is doing well and Park has obviously been the he Chicharito school of heading.

Fantastic defensive performance the back four were solid, Anderson was the best of the midfield trio. Shame Rooney couldn't have mad the scoreline a bit more comfortable but he did well overall.

Nasri can be added to being stuck in Rafael's pocket along with Ribery, Bale and all the other left wingers

Back 4 and Ando were sensational. Carrick was brilliant too. I think Park has done Chicharito for header of the season. Had to move his head due to deflection, had to look at keeper's position and he lofted it over him, was brilliant. Rooney, apart from the Pen (say no more) did good. Nani was very good, crossing and corners still an issue also his decision making in and around the box. Park did ok, few poor touches but brilliant when it mattered, did a number on Nasri while he was on the left along with Evra.

Fergie said on mutv after 26.12.10 Park will miss 7 games due to the Asian cup

Cleverley will definitely come back now, I think he would excel in the Park role. Giggs and Obertan probably ahead of him though.

No point in bringing Chicha on, we weren't chasing the game. Game was there to be saved.

By doing that method of taking a penalty, it's hard to judge which way you're going to go, keeper went the wrong way... should have kept it down though. Tevez... yes Tevez is brilliant at taking pens like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back