Manchester United resign Cristiano Ronaldo!

I want 30 goals please, at least the same number of assists and please make clear to the coaching team the importance of forward movement. Not a big ask...

Just seen Ronaldo's valuation on Fantasy Football: 12.5m. Anyone putting him in the team? I'd have to shift about 5 players around to make space for him, not ditching Bruno or Scouse twat Salah.

Just seen Ronaldo's valuation on Fantasy Football: 12.5m. Anyone putting him in the team? I'd have to shift about 5 players around to make space for him, not ditching Bruno or Scouse twat Salah.
You may want to consider dropping Bruno bud. Not for definite but I'm not sure he's going to post quite the same level of fantasy stats now.

I've not seen any negativity re Ronaldo but I don't have social media.

As a United fans serious head, I question the need for him with greenwood, Cavani, Rashford etc. When we are desperate for a CM. If we'd managed to offload Martial and lingard it would make a bit more sense.
I also question what impact his wages will have when other players sit down for a new contract.

As a pure United fan, I'm buzzing, can't wait to see him in a United shirt. I saw a clip of Messi holding the Reims keepers kid for a photo on the pitch, like it was an exhibition, whereas I have no doubt Ronaldo will be full on commited, greenwood, Sancho, Rashford etc must be so excited.

He'll certainly crap all over martials goals stats

Ps, for your stats, wasn't he also top scorer at the euros
Yeah, mainly social media and general observations about how the press have shifted their perceptive.

It does feel good to be hated again through. Rooney and Ronaldo can’t play together after the WC and all that.

Ronaldo and Bruno probably cancel each other out as heavy weights in FPL now at their price think I'll be going Salah and Kane going forward as my two big money guys.

Really interested to see how Ole looks to set this team up now with Ronaldo you need to get people close to him you can't leave him isolated up top alone.

I don't want to put a dampner on this because I'm a Ronnie boy through and through but has anyone ever read the De Spiegler stuff on the 2009 accusations? It was discussed at length on the "no question about that podcast" this week.

I don't want to put a dampner on this because I'm a Ronnie boy through and through but has anyone ever read the De Spiegler stuff on the 2009 accusations? It was discussed at length on the "no question about that podcast" this week.

This is what I referred to in an earlier post where Ole referred to Ronaldo as being "a great human being" that I think is not 100% true.

With any legal case we obviously don't know the full story as this one never made it to a court room and paying someone off doesn't mean you're guilty just a way of not having to take your chances in a court.

This is what I referred to in an earlier post where Ole referred to Ronaldo as being "a great human being" that I think is not 100% true.

With any legal case we obviously don't know the full story as this one never made it to a court room and paying someone off doesn't mean you're guilty just a way of not having to take your chances in a court.
Yeah it is a really tricky one. I mean on the one hand I see the argument that says "he's a multi millionaire, good looking guy, one of the most famous people in the world so why would he need to do that". On the other hand we know that people in power do abuse that power. The reality is the only people who know what went on are the 2 that were in that hotel room. We know something did happen but we don't know what.

Yeah it is a really tricky one. I mean on the one hand I see the argument that says "he's a multi millionaire, good looking guy, one of the most famous people in the world so why would he need to do that". On the other hand we know that people in power do abuse that power. The reality is the only people who know what went on are the 2 that were in that hotel room. We know something did happen but we don't know what.

All I'd say is it's one person coming forward there isn't or hasn't been others coming out saying similar things which is normally when you know there's something going on as you see a pattern of behaviour so far this appears to be an isolated incident.

We also know there are people who look to exploit famous people by trapping them in comprimising situations and demanding money to go away.

The stuff that has been printed is pretty damning so it's certainly a mark against him but it's one of them until it's proven in court you can't really know for sure.

With him on the pitch anything is possible.

Those two headers are brilliant technique.

He is now the outright all time highest international goalscorer with 111 international goals for Portugal.

That is an insane record and yes a lot of those will come from him pumping the weaker sides in group games and friendlies but he turns up all the time to set these records for them and he's also scored a load of goals at the big tournaments as well.

You see people post mad stats all the time so here's one I saw earlier.

If you score 50 goals a season for the next 15 years you'd have scored 750 goals which wouldn't even put you ahead of Ronaldo who is on 785.

You sort of become a bit blind to what has been going on but him and Messi have been doing things that are off the charts good year after year that's why I think this greatest of all time thing that does the rounds can only be between them two.

Yes the numbers are great but it's the consistency season after season delivering what they do is something I don't think any other player can say they came close to.

These are his club goals in all competitions for the last 10 seasons working backwards.

36, 37, 28, 44, 42, 51, 61, 51, 55, 60

So he averages 47 goals per season in club football over the last 10 seasons.

In 6 of the last 10 seasons in club football he has average a goal a game or better.

I think at Utd he'll be a 20-30 goal a season player over the next 2 seasons which is still incredible.

Portugal might release him early due to is ban. Could be at Old Trafford this week.

Ditched Bruno for Ronaldo. Also got Greenwood and Pogba so could do with a massive win against Newcastle with goals and assists flying about.

Not been a good start for me so hoping Ronaldo can boost my team!

Ditched Bruno for Ronaldo. Also got Greenwood and Pogba so could do with a massive win against Newcastle with goals and assists flying about.

Not been a good start for me so hoping Ronaldo can boost my team!

Think a bit like City our attack is very succeptable to rotation now so it's tricky to work out who to get in you have to assume Ronaldo and Bruno start pretty much every game but the rest will be rotated regularly as the mid week games start to kick in.

His stats are not even human. 180 caps in and of itself is crazy.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm stuck. I would have to ditch one of Bruno, Pogba, Greenwood to make room for Ronaldo on my team, but then I'd still be way over budget, so I would also have to switch to 1 forward, which means getting rid of Ings or Antonio and picking up two scrubs, and then I'd have to probably ditch Salah to afford him. Really wish I wouldn't have already spent my Wildcard!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

CR7! :cool:

Great gesture from Cavani to give the number up. What a man!

Club better be refunding all the Cavani shirts that were printed for this season

He’s been released from the international squad and is now back in Manchester he has to do a 5 day home isolation apparently before he returns to train so got a bit of time to settle himself back in.

I wonder if he’s kept his house

I really hope we get to see Ronaldo playing alongside Cavani at some stage. Many defences won't know which way to look!

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back