Manchester United resign Cristiano Ronaldo!

I still think we should have funnelled any extra money to a midfielder but to hell with it Ronaldo is home. May as well enjoy it.

The greatest player of our lifetime giving us one last dance.

The exclamation mark in the thread title sums it up!

This escalated very quickly indeed. Welcome home Cristiano, we knew you’d never sign for those oilys across the city!

What a crazy 24 hours.

£13m plus £7m add ons being reported.

Rio doing a YouTube live drinking champagne. Said Ronaldo told him last night he was signing for United.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'd imagine Rashford and Greenwood will learn tons from him.

I just don't know what this means for Cavani now. I mean Ronaldo has to play pretty much every game? Other than league Cup and FA Cup.

Personally think this is a wrong signing should have got bissouma from brighton he is going to be class and we need a dm
But i hope Ronnie proves me wrong,bangs in 30 odd goals and takes us to the title

Absolutely buzzing as is every true red. What a lift this will give to the club. Football is about passion and winning mentality as well as ability and Ronnie will bring this to our club and give us a massive lift especially as he didn't go to those tramps . Cant wait for the Newcastle game. I will be as always be on the Stretford end

Viva Ronaldo

I don't see us winning the league - we've given City at least a three year start - but it should mean scoring more goals and not drawing when we should win, or losing when we should draw or win. There are still areas that need to be strengthened and I'm pretty sure we will lose Pogba either in January or, more likely, next summer. We must get two top-class midfielders and then go out and get Halaand. Only then will we have the strength in the squad to challenge.

That said, I'm happy to see Ronnie back. Not that this really matters, but the value of the club has already rocketed with his return. Hopefully, this will be more Zlatan and less Falcao...

I dont think we will win the league either. But we do need to be challenging for it. If we can win a trophy and take the title race into the last week or two then I will see that as progress.

That’ll be nice to have! No doubt he’ll score plenty of goals because of the creativity around him. Excited to see him back in a United shirt.
Absolutely yeah! He doesn't need to be the same dynamic force in the build up play anymore because there are plenty of others to do that for him.

Absolutely yeah! He doesn't need to be the same dynamic force in the build up play anymore because there are plenty of others to do that for him.
Yep he isn’t the player he was when he left here or when he was in his Madrid prime but he doesn’t need to be. He still has the same eye for goal and technical ability. You put it on a plate for him and he’ll score plenty.

Cavani was brilliant last season but he still has a tendency to miss good chances. I would bet good money the ones he does miss Ronaldo would snap up in a heartbeat.

Merson on Soccer Saturday yesterday was getting in a tizzy saying he’s 36, why would we bring him back. But then again he does have a dislike for United.

He's also got a point
I guess it’s all opinion right now. If he comes in and scores 30+ goals and leads us to a trophy or two then it’s a genius move. If he fails to live up to expectations then everyone will point to his age and how it’s another Sanchez situation.

Probably a risk because we are in a really tough league where you have the top teams but then a group of other teams when on their day can battle with the best. I’m still very positive about the move.

The bigger problem for me is the club direction. We looked to be really building for the future with a clear footprint.

Again we've bought someone just to stop city getting them, like Sanchez and Fred

Bringing someone in on 500 grand a week is crazy. You'd think we would have learned from Sanchez and how De Gea used that to get a ridiculous wage.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back