Manchester City v Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched the 07-08 season review earlier. We didn't have the best starts that season either. 2 points after 3 games after losing to Shitty.

Rumours going around that Vida and evra have been given the all clear to play and Scholes, Fletch, Nani, Giggs and Berba are all available too. Big boost if true. I imagine you've already covered this in a previous page.

I doubt SAF would have risked losing on Saturday or playing Hargo if it wasn't real. He wouldn't jeopardise one game just to play mind games with Man City. I agree it's probably been overplayed a bit this week.

been watching the thugs smash up london today..... what's the build up like?

Of course. Chicha may be key off the bench. Might not need him though.

Midfield key tonight. Fletch/Carrick/Scholes in recent weeks have been brilliant. Hopefully they're all fit and well and raring to go. Carrick is my main man. I'm excited, not nervous, a lot of people have been nervous all day. Not me, I know what I feel like when i'm nervous, I still remember my feelings on the day of Rome 09, this nowhere close to that. I'm very excited, the team is stronger than I thought too.

SAF, you Mind Gamer!!!

Quite good and strong lineup. No surprise about the formation. It's a kind of standard in away games.
The team is strong enough to win, or a draw, at least.

Hi Guys - excited not nervous too! Really think Fergie will have them fired up! Not surprised at team, thought Nani or Giggs would play so am happy with my prediction. JSN is right, Carrick will be key - sitting in on Tevez coming deep and getting it to Nani wide, early. Fletch will be quicker to ball than Toure - though we cant afford to give latter space as he is deceptively skillful. Raf v Milner and Evra v Silva key for me tonight...

it was a damn close affair first half... definitely rooting for Rafael there lol

Would rather win than draw... wonder when Hernandez will make an appearance?

ESPN commentator is doing my head in

edit: Vidic is a beast

Good half by United soft booking for Scholes which the ref played to the crowd.Our defence looking solid especially Vidic, but want to see a bit more from Carrick.

Rafael replaced by Brown... Got a knock? (Can't get Sis to quiet down, so missing most of the commentary :( )

I'm getting quite nervous now....

Though with Hernandez on.... still nervous....

:(

We were the better team but I'm not disappointed with a draw

We were the better team but I'm not disappointed with a draw

Agree I feel really disappointed we didnt win that and the Utd team coming off looked the same. Having said @ HT I said I wanted to see more off Carrick and boy I thought he had a good 2nd half,Fletch all over the park and Scholesy pulling the strings our midfield ran it. Pity we just couldnt penetrate in the last third, but overall happy with our performance and kept the noisy neighbours quiet.
Wtf was that about taking tevez off with 30 secs to time wasting :) lol

we should have won... but we made too many errors... near the end i got quite irritated when, with a player open on the wing, we constantly tried to charge through the defence....

i think we got lucky TBH...

Content with the result. How negative were Shitty though. Where's our friend gone? 3-0? I think he missed out a 7 at the end. 3 in attack, no one in midfield and 7 defenders. How negative of a home side, no wonder they ain't filling their stadium.

I thought we were brilliant. Midfield was incredible, Carrick in particular impressed me, so so so so good. He's getting better and better, hope it stays that way. Vida was magnificent, don't think he was MotM as there was little threat really. Thought Carrick or Scholes deserved it more. Berba did well but him on his own just doesn't work, we need Rooney back for the games we play 4-5-1 really or maybe keep playing Chicha there or play Berba on his own and go 4-4-2 in the last 10 mins and use Chicha as a weapon. Nani not 100%. Park not great, first touch has always let him down. Rafael and Evra were great until they went off, hope they're OK. Brown did well when he came on though, I really like Wes, hope the rumours are false and he doesn't leave. True Red. VDS not much to do, thought the Tevez FK was pretty much a routine save.

Content with the result. How negative were Shitty though. Where's our friend gone? 3-0? I think he missed out a 7 at the end. 3 in attack, no one in midfield and 7 defenders. How negative of a home side, no wonder they ain't filling their stadium.

I thought we were brilliant. Midfield was incredible, Carrick in particular impressed me, so so so so good. He's getting better and better, hope it stays that way. Vida was magnificent, don't think he was MotM as there was little threat really. Thought Carrick or Scholes deserved it more. Berba did well but him on his own just doesn't work, we need Rooney back for the games we play 4-5-1 really or maybe keep playing Chicha there or play Berba on his own and go 4-4-2 in the last 10 mins and use Chicha as a weapon. Nani not 100%. Park not great, first touch has always let him down. Rafael and Evra were great until they went off, hope they're OK. Brown did well when he came on though, I really like Wes, hope the rumours are false and he doesn't leave. True Red. VDS not much to do, thought the Tevez FK was pretty much a routine save.

Spot on have to agree, although brilliant might be a tad too much :)

Well considering Chelsea failed to break them down either and conceded I think we were brilliant considering Shitty were so negative, and we weren't 100% fitness wise particularly in attack.

good performance by us, but the game lacked any intensity that should be there in a Manchester derby!! Only Rafael showed some passion when he went head on with Tevez.
But delighted to see Carrick put in a great performance, also Fletcher. MotM for me has to be Vida! he was a wall, nothing getting past!! just brilliant!

sorry but this was a dour 0-0 draw,two teams who didn't want to lose,the good thing is city will win jack shit with this manager....to be so scared at home just doesn't bear thinking about.....i was more adventurous by eating one of eastlands meat and potatoe pies at half time......and if it gives me the runs i hope i'm quicker than kompany...hahaha......overall for us not a bad result one or two of the lads looked a bit drained at the end.........as for M.O.M i'd give it to Carrick a tireless display....oh well back to work and face the scumboys with a smile...pity it's not a big grin...

I love how fergie says city have a small team mentality and then plays negative boring football, brings on Hernadez in like the 80th minute, and takes off the only other striker. City were there for the taking, couldnt handle us when we stepped up the pressure. its a pity we only stepped it up in the 85th minute.

Fletcher Scholes Carrick Vidic were brilliant. Class above.

Feel bad for Berba. He held the ball up well, despite illness, and got no suppor. Park was useless, hopeless. And we brought back Nani way to soon.

I was watching the game with John Champion and Matt Jackson as commentators.Matt Jackson can go feck himself. Hes paid to remain neutral and comment on the game and he was the biggest ABU ever. Attacked everything and anything United while wanking over City. I couldnt enjoy the game when he spoke, and that was literally every second of the game

We used to have SKY commentary until this season.I used to love Rob Hawthorne,Martin Tyler,Alan Parry,Ian Darke,Andy Gray's commentary ad I still do.May of United's matches I download and watch 'em with SKY commentary

Carrick

One bright note was the performance of Carrick, who was the outstanding player in the central midfield area. He turned in a top-notch central midfielder performance – completing seven interceptions (more than any other player) and also completing 59 of 61 passes. His midfield partner Scholes’ passing stats were even better – 68 from 69 – but it’s worth pointing out that his one misplaced pass went straight to Tevez in a dangerous position. Not only was Carrick reliable in his distribution, he was also forward-thinking. Often criticized for only playing the ball sideways, a notable number of his passes were played forward.

screen-capture-6.png

source

I think it was said that he played 17 passes forward. Which is a lot. I've noticed the last 3/4 games he's been doing so, it's more recognised in a derby though.

Still, The Sun gave him 5/10 so that's all that matters really. Bunch of nonces.

I think with the 2 injuries we were limited in who we substituted. And Berba wasn't 100% as a number of players weren't. In an ideal situation it would have been best to take Park off for Chicha. Move Fletch right, Nani left, Carrick & Scholes in Midfield and play 4-4-2. For the last 10-15 mins.

Saw that this morning. Does not look pleasant. Rio had a good chuckle about it though.

My guess is The Sun only watched the highlights and therefore only saw Carrick's shot that went sailing over the bar. It's the only way a 5/10 can be explained.

Honestly, I was disappointed with the result. I got the impression that the team could have won if SAF was a little more daring. Mancini played for not to lose the 2nd half and our manager seemed to be ok with that. We played much better than them in the second half but for some reasons, the team has always failed in a creative way. First, the bad performance of our wingers. I believe Nani wasn't 100% fit and this clearly contributed to his poor performance yesterday. Park seemed lost. Running without direction, and making so many passing mistakes. The truth is that Evra played as Left-back AND winger, just to do what Park didn't. Second, the fact that Berbatov play alone up front. I'm not saying he played poorly.. He ran, he helped the defense, assisted in the distribution of the ball in midfield, but wasn't the striker we needed. He clearly needed company. In fact, i think only Rooney has the ability to play as sole striker for us.

On the other hand, I can say that yesterday I saw our best defensive performance of the season. Without exception, all our back four played well. Vidic was a monster. Exceptional performance. No errors and absolutely NOTHING passed through him. He played like one of the best defenders in the world. Ferdinand was solid, Evra was consistent and Rafa played well offensively and was superb in the marking.

Our midfield trio also worked well. It's one of the strengths of 4-5-1. Fletcher was consistent, Scholes did a good job and Carrick had a fantastic performance yesterday. Welcome Back!

Let's moving on!

Has it been revealed what Tevez did/said that riled up Rafael?

Carrick is slowly improving with every game, would be brilliant to have back to his best soon! Great work rate by all 3, especially, since Fletch was carrying an injury, and Scholesy playing under medication!! we're getting back into the groove slowly, just waiting for Ando to reurn and we'll have more options in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back