Manchester City v Manchester United 17th April

Status
Not open for further replies.
----------------VDS----------------
Rafa-----Rio------Vida------Evra

Valencia--Carrick--Scholes--Nani

-----Berbatov---Macheda---------

I know that wont be the line up, but that's what I'd go with.

----------------VDS----------------
Rafa-----Rio------Vida------Evra

----Fletcher-Carrick--Park------

Valencia---------------------Nani

-----------Berbatov------------

why didnt Rafa start yesterday? Blackburn was the perfect opportunity to redeem himself, now he's gonna come up against and inform City. It was Rafael that gave away pen against City in Carling Cup?

Yes, I thnk it was... Rafa might be on a Fergie imposed 'timeout' I think he'll start against City.

We need to go to City all guns blazing and for that we need attackers, Rafael is an attacking right back, need someone who can run around with Bellamy all day too. Neville or O'Shea are not going to do that. This is how I think we will and should line up. Although i've gone with a Carrick or Scholes as Carrick hasn't been very good this season and is quite poor in big games.

4-3-3/4-5-1 formation
Team
Van Der Sar
Rafael
Vida
Rio
Evra
Park
Fletcher
Carrick/Scholes
Nani
Valencia
Rooney

JSNFRMN_MUFC said:
We need to go to City all guns blazing and for that we need attackers, Rafael is an attacking right back, need someone who can run around with Bellamy all day too. Neville or O'Shea are not going to do that. This is how I think we will and should line up. Although i've gone with a Carrick or Scholes as Carrick hasn't been very good this season and is quite poor in big games.

4-3-3/4-5-1 formation
Team
Van Der Sar
Rafael
Vida
Rio
Evra
Park
Fletcher
Carrick/Scholes
Nani
Valencia
Rooney

Fully agree with you I wouldn´t change anything ;)

Christ i'm wasted in IT, I should be a manager. I think Football Manager 2010 is needed for my PC. haha.

I wish i'd stuck with Football. I was a cracking keeper in primary school. It all went downhill after that, could have been the next Schmeichel or Van Der Sar.

slightly off topic but whats the best you've achieved on Football/Championship manager?

I won the Champions League three years on the trot with Forest Green Rovers :lol:

That is a classic!

LMA Manager 2005 or 2006, after seeing them get a draw against us in the FA Cup 3rd Round I decided to manage Burton Albion took them to the Premiership, I never played much with the smaller clubs. I used to love signing new "English" players whose surnames were South American or Asian that was really random. I haven't played a manager game in years, shame Codemasters stopped making LMA Manager after 2007. Time to move on to Football Manager I think.

I havent played a manager game in years as well, wish I could play again but they take up way too much time. I played Championship manager season 2000/01, it was probably a lot easier than later versions.

Who's heard about the new Tevez interview this week. Jeez he's really dished the dirt on City life. Wasn't happy about Welcome to Manchester sign. Says he doesn't like Mancini's training methods. Wasn't happy about the sacking of Mark Hughes.

Quote on the Welcome...sign

"I respect all the clubs I used to play for. That was not showing respect, was it? what was the point?"

Whats Tevez trying to do, win back United fans. Never going to happen, unforgivable what he said about SAF.

Wow, that must have been hard!

I always play as United and control the youth team too, won the Prem and Euro cup 3 times in a row, then went to Barca (United refused to pay my wage demands) and won the League and spanish cup, then moved to milan and won the league and Euro cup... now I'm at Olympiakos and am 2nd in the league.

BigDane said:
Whats Tevez trying to do, win back United fans. Never going to happen, unforgivable what he said about SAF.

And Gary Neville.... "Boot licker and moron"

balloonless said:
Wow, that must have been hard!

I always play as United and control the youth team too, won the Prem and Euro cup 3 times in a row, then went to Barca (United refused to pay my wage demands) and won the League and spanish cup, then moved to milan and won the league and Euro cup... now I'm at Olympiakos and am 2nd in the league.

United being stingy with money? That sounds familar... :lol:
wasnt hard, once I had formation and tactics set-up to how I liked. More time consuming...
How long have you played football manager games? How does the latest version compare to older versions?

If you all want to play a Managergame and don´t waste toooooo much Time in it:

www.90-minutes.org !

There is also an English league! and the game is in English, too.

main Part is in German but you can Change language into English and go on ;)

I do play it since 2 years and it´s very funny and for that game you nearly have just to spend 5min a day ;) maybe between Teathwashing and morningtoilet !

Try it out ;)

This is going to be tough tough tough - I almost dont know who to pick because everyone has been in bad form and City some to be in blistering goal scoring form.

Van der sar
O'Shea
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra
Gibson
Fletcher
Carrick
Nanni
Valencia
Rooney

Although if needed I am sure Berbatov will do just fine - he has been one of United better players recently (and consistent throughout the season, which I think a lot a lot of United players have strugglled with this season) but yet again he is used as a scapegoat. It is getting quite boring. Can anyone have an independent thought without jumping on the band wagon. The booing of Berbatov in the Blackburn game was a disgrace :evil: i had hoped I was just hearing things. Did anyone see Nani play????

Agreed with the majority of the above. Bandwagon is exactly what I think of this Berba criticism. Just because he doesn't run around like a terrier, that's all it is. We have other players who do that job. If we had 11 people doing that we'd get nowhere because everyone would be out of position.

Official Line up

Van der Sar
Neville
Vidic
Evans
Evra
Fletcher
Scholes
Gibson
Valencia
Rooney
Giggs

I can´t realy say what team I would choose for today...

It is hard to say

No I´m not... I think its the right choice for the starting lineup... then Nani maybe can come in...

AH I´m so excited... I can´t think right anymore... I just want UNITED TO WIN THIS F§@!&%$? Match !!!

Not perfectly happy with the lineup. Neville marking Bellamy sounds like a nightmare. Would have played Scholes but not Giggs but as said above Nani could come on and make an impact if needed. Interesting to see that Shitty have gone with 4 forwards. Lets have 'em. 34 years (F**K ALL!).

Here we f**king go again! Not as nervous as I was before the Chelsea or Bayern game. But I can feel bowel movements. haha. BELIEVE!

JSNFRMN_MUFC said:
Here we f**king go again! Not as nervous as I was before the Chelsea or Bayern game. But I can feel bowel movements. haha. BELIEVE!

:lol:

pedestrian first half until the final minutes. Nani on for Giggs if not at half time soon after.

What do we think?

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111

fecking love Paul Scholes

Love him. I was really hoping Berba would score though. But I'll take a last minute scholesy winner, away in the derby any day.

Now i've calmed down a little, I think we can talk about the match in more depth. I look a bit of a fool now for doubting SAF's lineup of playing all 3 of the old guard because they were 3 of our best players. Vidic was my man of the match though, in the absence of Rio he had to step it up another notch and play his A game because while Evans is a great defender he is no Rio at the moment. But he did a brilliant job today and at times it was as if Rio was playing. Calm performance from the lad. But Vida was great I thought. I'm sure his head is a ball magnet. Rooney was probably one of our worst players, obviously not 100% and his ankle is obviously affecting him. Hopefully he's alright for Spurs. I think we can win the last 2 without him but Spurs it'll be difficult although still possible especially as winning the derby this season has brought an enormous amount of confidence. Shame it didn't come at the start of the month. Maybe we would have won the title by now. The final 3rd lacking ideas again, one of our big problems this season, lacking a goalscoring playmaker, possibly the only area we need to invest in.

May 1st - mark your diary.

JSNFRMN_MUFC said:
Love him. I was really hoping Berba would score though. But I'll take a last minute scholesy winner, away in the derby any day.

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH

WHOOOOOOOOOOO ... Excuse me it´s just fantastic

Bit of a late reaction but yeah it does feel good. Shitty keep talking and we just keep knocking them back out of the park. Love it.

Should have said May 2nd - Mark your diary as our game has been moved so that I wouldn't miss the game due to going to a gig on the Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back