Manchester City Discussion 2021/22

SuperRash

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Award for worst football kit? City have nailed it!

Looks like the sort of kit my mum would buy from the market when I was a kid.

The league should deduct them points for that monstrosity

If you want to see a seriously cool kit check out Ajax new third kit.

They should just give them the CL this season as that kit is tremendous

Pep announced he's doing this season, then next then he's off

Will that affect potential signings? Maybe Haaland will go if him and Raiola only have year together.

Maybe players won't go with no Pep

Year out, then international management, want world cup, euros and Copa America

Depends who they line up to replace him I guess they seem to run a pretty well oiled machine there so you'd imagine they've got plenty of people in mind to follow him.

Be interesting to see which national team Pep fancies given his political leanings not sure he'd be a popular manager of Spain as he openly supports Catalan independence.

Pep never actually said he was leaving. His quote were he thinks he's going to have to take a break and that he'd like to do international football when he does leave City.

Sounded to me like he was saying get me a striker.

I thought he pretty much confirmed his intention is to see out this contract then take a year off like he did after Barcelona?

He never actually says he's leaving. Just says he thinks he may need to.

Before he's always been black and white and said I'm done after this season. No I think I may need a break rubbish.

Pep has clarified that his comments don't mean he's leaving City at the end of this contract just that when he does leave City he intends to take a break before taking on his next job.

Well, that's unfortunate. As an aside, I don't think he would make a good international manager, unless he took over a country with a deep pool of talent to choose from. He needs players to match his system, and if he can't change fullbacks and CBs until he finds the right ones, he won't be as successful.

Still wouldn't rule out him leaving if they won the CL but he seems pretty relaxed at City at the moment.

Think to get him out the door you need a real top class manager with a quality team that can sustain the pressure on him and break him like Mourinho did in Spain. I think had Klopp and Liverpool pushed them hard again last season we might have seen some cracks emerging as Pep likes to have everything his own way.

3-0 down to 10 men.

Arsenal are absolute garbage

City don’t seem to be missing that centre forward back to back 5-0 wins at home.

They toyed with Arsenal second half it was 5-0 and Arsenal’s keeper was their best player just relentless passing pulling them all over the pitch.

City had 96% possession in the second half. Which is just mental.

Pep had a dig at the City fans for not turning up to CL game, the supporters club spokesman had a dig back saying that some fans cannot afford to go/can’t make it on a Wednesday evening. Now Pep is saying he’s not apologising.

What Pep fails to realise is they don’t have enough loyal fans to always fill the stadium.

#emptyhad

Pep is a proper odd ball isn't he I mean seriously the club should have sorted a phone call between Pep and the supporters association to discuss this rather than air it out in public. He should have shut down the topic today and moved on from it instead it's now coming across like a war between him and the fans.

It's obvious why City don't always sell out they don't have a massive fan base that will snap up tickets when the regulars aren't able to go. City fans don't all get european and cup games on the season ticket so they are going to pick and chose what games they go to because they can it's not like Utd or Liverpool where you need to buy every ticket to get the credits for aways/final tickets. It's simple supply and demand.

The guy from the supporters association is right to come out and defend the fans as Pep's comments weren't nice for the fans to hear as it gives ammunition to fans of other clubs to attack them. As he said City sell out pretty much every home league game but crowds always drop mid week as people either can't afford the extra cost of tickets or have work commitments they can't get to the games for. City don't have enough people who step in to plug gaps.

Also, the group stage for the best side is a bit of a procession if you can pick and chose what games to go to my guess is most fans will buy the ticket for PSG and skip the other two games to save a bit of money.

To be honest this is a topic that all fans could benefit from some solidarity on as clubs have taken the p*ss out of all fans for a very long time now and one reason they can is fans don't work together on these issues.

City could fill that ground every game easily drop the prices and if needs be give the tickets to local schools.

This city is yours, this city is yours. 20 000 empty seats, are you *cough cough* sure?

I seem to remember Fergie making similar comments ahead of the second leg v Barca in 08 (something to do with the noise iirc), and OT responded in force.

What a small pathetic club that bitter lot are.

How was the Walker pen rescinded? Saw it on MOTD and all they said was it should've been a pen, but no red card. No valid explanation was given as to why the pen got overturned as well.

Think Armstrong went down before he was touched by Walker apparently they are looking out for players initiating the contact now and not giving penalties.

That said I don’t think it was a clear and obvious error that should have been overturned and by the rules Walker had to be red carded if it was a foul as he did not attempt to play the ball.

That's another of those interpretations that will quietly go away just before Christmas with the second half officiated under different rules, just like last season.

Attacking players are taught to move across the defender to protect the ball, and if clumsy, win a foul/pen. Twas ever thus.

Yep let it flow is all fun and games until someone gets hurt then it’ll be back to protect the players.

PSG Vs City tonight. Should be a cracking game. City are away and PSG have already dropped points so avoiding defeat is more important to them.

I think City batter them to be honest from the bits I've seen of PSG they haven't worked out how to put all the pieces together yet.

Messi looking for his first goal for PSG.

I imagine the Mbappe Neymar fallout doesn't help.

Will Messi start? just back from injury.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back