Manchester City FFP case

Mr C

So what will this mean, Arsenal win the Europa and united get their spot? :-D I guess an appeal etc aso this might be next year.

I assume PSG will get the same, not heard about their case.

Yeah don’t think it would effect next years because if they were to get banned then the appeals would be lengthy and City would throw everything they could at UEFA to try and get off.

Wouldn’t surprise me if City have done something wrong, people/groups with endless supplies of money tend to think they are untouchable.

The talk of United getting it is just silly. Arsenal would just be classed as getting it through their league sport for the Europa league place goes to another country same as usual.

However I fully expect City to get this ban and it be for next season. This is their third offence now. Which is why they can only register 18 champions league players at the moment.

It’s likely the spot goes to 5th and the europa spot goes to one of the other leagues as normal.

UEFA are under massive pressure from clubs to come down strong all these clubs have made changes to stick to FFP one club running rough shot over the rules has to be punished.

They have already been punished over breaches I think the new evidence is they lied to over up the extent of it mainly emails from club execs organising extra payments from sponsors to inflate revenues.

They’re also next in line with FIFA for a transfer ban similar to Chelsea over signings of youth players.

Expect a big summer from city as they know punishments are coming.

UEFA won’t be able to get the bans through for next season as you say appeals in various courts will come.

Talk is City have told UEFA to expect a decade going through the various courts if they try and ban them from CL as City will just out spend them in court.

UEFA find themselves in a tough spot if they don’t ban city they’ll lose faith of all the big clubs at a time when FIFA are talking about creating a new super league to replace CL. If they upset City they lose access to huge sponsorship/broadcasting markets in the UAE.

A date has been set, apparently Autumn 2024. Will run to end of season 24/25. When Peps contract runs out......

Date set for City‘s hearing to face charges for breaching ffp rules but they aren’t saying when.
Hope they get hammered but doubt they will.

There isn't a chance they haven't done something. It's just proving it. City will have the best lawyers possible finding all the loops and tricks, and I just don't see much happening. They should have everything taken away that they've achieved if found guilty though. Yes possibly harsh, but I don't want them to have anything. Maybe let them have a second place finish for trolling purposes.

The length of time it's taking does seem to indicate they might have something....

I can't take another city title.

There isn't a chance they haven't done something. It's just proving it. City will have the best lawyers possible finding all the loops and tricks, and I just don't see much happening. They should have everything taken away that they've achieved if found guilty though. Yes possibly harsh, but I don't want them to have anything. Maybe let them have a second place finish for trolling purposes.

The length of time it's taking does seem to indicate they might have something....

I can't take another city title.

Yeah but would you want Liverpool to benefit, that'll be no then.

£1bn fine, and a transfer ban for a decade would be okay.

Yeah but would you want Liverpool to benefit, that'll be no then.

£1bn fine, and a transfer ban for a decade would be okay.
I actually don't hate Liverpool. I love football in general. I must watch 6-7 games a week when I can. Most that don't clash in our league on weekends. Yeah I just watch football. I actually really just like to see a good game - I don't care who's in it. As for Liverpool benefitting, I again don't care. Preferably everyone could have a bit of glory. I don't think you need to win everything all of the time.

I don't want City to get anything as we all know they're cheats.

I actually don't hate Liverpool. I love football in general. I must watch 6-7 games a week when I can. Most that don't clash in our league on weekends. Yeah I just watch football. I actually really just like to see a good game - I don't care who's in it. As for Liverpool benefitting, I again don't care. Preferably everyone could have a bit of glory. I don't think you need to win everything all of the time.

I don't want City to get anything as we all know they're cheats.

o_O

Always thought you were odd, just not that odd.

o_O

Always thought you were odd, just not that odd.
No. I'm just not a hater. I've saw what it looks like on people and it's not a look I want to have. Haters in football are as bad as racists. Everyone should enjoy the game for what it is. You can have a rivalry, particularly when the teams meet each other, but that's as far as it needs to go. As for being odd, don't worry I don't have a thing on you.

No. I'm just not a hater. I've saw what it looks like on people and it's not a look I want to have. Haters in football are as bad as racists. Everyone should enjoy the game for what it is. You can have a rivalry, particularly when the teams meet each other, but that's as far as it needs to go. As for being odd, don't worry I don't have a thing on you.

Behave yourself, you've got to have some hate/dislike of the team you are playing on a matchday or it would just be like going to church., probably be as boring as well. Every game would be the Corinthians v the Corinthians and finish 0-0

And on a wider issue, you can never be a proper lover unless you have some hate in your heart.

Sure this will drag on for a good while yet. The City lawyers are probably holding it up at every opportunity. They might be being cooperative to a degree but sounds like they’ve not been 100% cooperative.

There is no smoke without fire, I have no doubt they are guilty of at least some of the charges. In my opinion they will ultimately have the book thrown at them. Relegation to the Championship will be no real punishment, they’ll just win that league at a canter and then start the process again.

All titles stripped, a massive fine and relegation to the lowest leagues are a must.

What is it 115 charges? if they dont get done on at least some of them they will have amazing lawyers and they can only do so much however good they are, the punishment they potentially get though is an entirely different thing altogether.

I'm guessing the hearing will take a long time as there's 115 charges to get through City seem pretty adamant that they will fight every single one of them so it could take months to get through it all.

To be honest if they're found guilty of all charges it shouldn't just be relegation to the championship they should be out of the football league all together. Start again from the national league lads.

Breaking the rules is one thing but breaking them and then covering it up is a whole other level and if they can prove City did that then it needs to be the biggest punishment they can possibly hand out.

What is it 115 charges? if they dont get done on at least some of them they will have amazing lawyers and they can only do so much however good they are, the punishment they potentially get though is an entirely different thing altogether.

My guess is the tactic was charge them with everything they possibly could and hope that City come forward and look for a plea deal of some sort. Admit to some of the charges and accept a reduced punishment rather than drag it through the whole process and risk getting the maximum punishment.

I think I'm right in saying that the judgement here will be final there's no further appeal to CAS or anything like that.

City seem to think they can fight the whole thing off and if they had the evidence to do that you'd think they'd be more willing to reveal it, I suspect they're more going for the you can't prove we did it therefore we are innocent line of defence rather than the we didn't do it and here is the evidence.

Deception is a very hard thing to prove and the PL will need to have a lot of "smoking guns" to nail City with it in my opinion.

I've watched it before it's a good watch.

Nick Harris on Twitter is digging and probing the City situation.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back