Man Utd vs Sheffield Utd

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Been the same thing all season but really need the 3 points in this one.

Utd are far as we know are injury free from the Spurs game and with the FA Cup at the weekend I think they'll be going strongest possible line up in this one.

Think we will see Bailly back in the team for this one their physical centre forwards gave us problems in the first game so think we need to have him over Lindelöf and I really want to see us start Greenwood over James. Shaw probably starts but I'd have no issue with Williams coming in for this one but think he might play Williams in the Cup game.

De Gea

AWB Bailly Maguire Shaw

McTominay Pogba

Greenwood Fernandes Rashford

Martial

For Sheff Utd they'll be without their first choice keeper who's ineligible and 1 of the regular back 3 (Egan suspension) possibly 2 (O'Connell currently injured.

Draws don't cut it anymore this one needs to be a win hopefully the changes unsettle them a bit they'll be gutted have got 1 point from their first 2 games back we need to really twist the knife on them.

Sheffield United have been poor in their 2 matches since return. That said they also are a game ahead in terms of fitness and I'm sure they will be up for a big game against United.

Henderson and Egan are big losses for them and also O’Connell if he is out.

If we play full strength I expect a comfortable victory. Sheffield Utd have done amazing this season but I feel lockdown came at the wrong time for them, when a smaller club has one of these seasons momentum is everything. Now that has been stunted they’ve looked quite poor in their first two games back. Not saying this is a formality but if we don’t get 3 points here then we don’t deserve top four!

Yeah losing that momentum has hurt them but they should have took the 3 points vs Villa they were so unlucky with the goal line system failing.

3 points is the only acceptable outcome here for us anything else and it's a race for 5th and hoping that City's ban gets upheld.

If we don't get CL next season I don't see us being able to make a game changing signing like Sancho as the money just won't be available to us.

That's pretty much the starting line up I'd go with but I don't see Ole doing it. Has he started Greenwood down the right with Martial and Rashford in the side yet? I think we'll probably see Fred ahead of McTominay too. Fred played less minutes the other day. Maybe even see Matic start?

I'd like to see Williams start ahead of Shaw too. Offers more going forwards and we don't need to be as defensively sound today.

That's pretty much the starting line up I'd go with but I don't see Ole doing it. Has he started Greenwood down the right with Martial and Rashford in the side yet? I think we'll probably see Fred ahead of McTominay too. Fred played less minutes the other day. Maybe even see Matic start?

I'd like to see Williams start ahead of Shaw too. Offers more going forwards and we don't need to be as defensively sound today.

That's a bit of a statement to make. i do hope it doesn't bite us!

Not sure Shaw makes us that much secure defensively playing as a full back he's been decent in the back 3 but he's really not cutting it at full back for me.

I'd happily give Williams the games but got a feeling he might put him in for the cup game at the weekend.

Don't think we've seen Greenwood start alongside Rashford & Martial yet as he's mainly featured from the start in cups/Europe this season but I think it's time. Now everyone is fit and we have Ighalo I think it's time to unleash all 3 as for me Greenwood is already a better player than James going forward where I think he's worried about them as a front 3 is in games where it's a bit more end to end as James is much happier doing the defensive work.

DDG

AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw

Bruno Matic Pogba

Greenwood Martial Rashford

We've got the front 5 we want lads!

yeah, wished I'd picked Greenwood rather then Rashford for my FFT now.

listen to the radio while bbq'ing

Need to try and get the outside TV setup so the old man can watch in the garden with me.

Going to need to be creative to get around the glare but that line up is bang on.

My laptop with an umbrella has been quite good outside for the football. Had 3 of us watching yesterday safely. Though today i'm chilling inside it's far too hot out there!

Absolutely buzzing for this with that front 5. I've back United 4-0. Greenwood anytime scorer. 28/1

Rashford should have scored there but the ball across to Greenwood should have happened much earlier. Seeing it again it's shocking from Rashford

Started well. Played poorly for 20 minutes and that a nice finish from Martial to give us breathing space.

Excellent play from Martial who I've been critical of. These are the goals I want more of from him. Poachers goal. Right place right time.

Clinical from Martial but again everything is flowing through Fernandes.

Been a tepid sort of half, probably due to the atmosphere and the heat but we could fill our boots in the second half as Sheffield United have to come out and influence the game.

Im fecking fuming! Thought it was an 8pm kick off and just tuned in to find I have missed half the game.

Absolutely buzzing for this with that front 5. I've back United 4-0. Greenwood anytime scorer. 28/1
I was going to match that bet up, logged into PP to find we were 2-0 up and I had missed half the game :rolleyes: so I thought 16/1 for 5-0 was worth a punt.

:) Am I on a time lapse or something? How did them posts come before mine? Nice to watch though

When they first started talking about 5 subs it was said that their could still only be 3 in play. So the other 2 would have to be half time. That made more sense to me

The current rule is you're only allowed to stop play 3 times. So you can't make 5 single subs to time waste.

Great performance 3-0 could have and probably should have been 4 or 5.

Absolutely dominated them from start to finish.

Lovely finishes from Martial.

Fernandes and Pogba constantly asking question of their defence with their passing lots of movement up top as well exactly what we’ve needed vs teams at home this season.

Dominate the ball wear them down physically and mentally then punish the mistakes that’s what the proper top sides do.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back