Man Utd v West Brom Saturday 21st November 20.00 ko

Shoot

Banned
I am hungry, I need this one bad.
Backing United to get the season up and running with a resounding 5-0 win

8 clock kick off on a Saturday evening after City Vs Spurs would usually mean a cracking evening in the pub.

Been a long wait. We need to make the most of the next few games which on paper are easier.

Can't afford any slip ups against probably the worse team in the league. Also no need to play two holding midfielders at home against West Brom.

DDG

AWB Lindelof Maguire Telles

Fred DVDB Bruno

Rashford Cavani Martial

I'll have a bet on -3 and Rashford plus Cavani or Donny to score anytime once seeing the line up.

8 clock kick off on a Saturday evening after City Vs Spurs would usually mean a cracking evening in the pub.

Been a long wait. We need to make the most of the next few games which on paper are easier.

Can't afford any slip ups against probably the worse team in the league. Also no need to play two holding midfielders at home against West Brom.

Fred DVDB Bruno

Rashford Cavani Martial
Noo yer talking
Is Rashford fit?

I think he'll be fit. Reckon the injury was just Ole getting him out the England squad and a rest.

Shaw joins Bailly and Lingard on the injured list as far as I know neither of them are fit yet.
Telles waiting on Covid
Rashford shoulder injury
Martial saw some concerns about a back problem but he was on the bench for France tonight so guessing he’s fine.

I think Mata will start after the international break he’s had a rest along with a few others.

DDG

McTominay Fred

Mata Bruno Rashford

Martial

Shaw joins Bailly and Lingard on the injured list as far as I know neither of them are fit yet.
Telles waiting on Covid
Rashford shoulder injury
Martial saw some concerns about a back problem but he was on the bench for France tonight so guessing he’s fine.

I think Mata will start after the international break he’s had a rest along with a few others.

DDG

McTominay Fred

Mata Bruno Rashford

Martial
Brazil confirmed he tested negative

What channel is showing the match on Saturday? The win over Everton was impressive, only slight tweaks I'd make would be Cavani for Martial. Good point made above re not requiring 2 def midfielders for this one, so possibly hand Donny a start in place of either Fred or McT.

It’s on BT Sport I believe.

Would be good to see Cavani get a start, think his sharpness is starting to return. Also this is a game where you could fill your boots, however saying that I’m never sure these days. Could easily be a 4-0 win or a 1-0 turgid loss.

Brazil confirmed he tested negative

I know but he's still had a positive test in the last week and i've got no idea what the rules are on all this I assume he'll need to pass another test when he lands back in the UK and then be allowed to be around his team mates. They're super cautious with this stuff in club football for obvious reasons.

Apparently a couple of players in the Uruguay setup have tested positive so that could be Cavani screwed although he's apparently already had it. I really thought he'd jacked in the international football.

Actually heard the full Pogba quotes on a podcast earlier it is nowhere near as bad as it was reported probably doesn't even require a talking to from the manager.

well what I saw in inverted comma's as if he did say it does warrent a talking to.

“The France team is a breath of fresh air, the group is exceptional, it’s magic.
“It’s not that in the club we don’t have fun, but here it’s not the same. We laugh. It’s really a family.”

If I was a team mate I'd think f you

The thing I saw was the whole response not just snipped and when you hear the whole thing it's him being very self critical about his struggled for form and him saying that the national team can be a breath of fresh air for him to try and rediscover that form. He even made a point about saying he was not speaking against the club.

To me it was classic storm in a tea cup and blown massively out of proportion.

The only thing I'd be saying if I was Ole was keep this stuff to yourself because people will crop a quote to tell a story and this story will not have gone down well with the fans.

Actually heard the full Pogba quotes on a podcast earlier it is nowhere near as bad as it was reported probably doesn't even require a talking to from the manager.
While I do agree that Pogba is regularly paraphrased on his negative comments and we arent getting the whole piece from him, you have to take into account that it has happened far too often along with his nob head brother spouting about his future, his arse of an agent piping up. etc

Pogba was immediate to quash the negative rumours about him not playing for france anymore, but never seems to address the negative comments that his club and his fans have to put up with.

you summed this up perfectly when you drew comparisons to Ozil, just isnt room for a Pogba in our team, You can probably remember how excited I was when he returned, but I feel that the time is now to part ways for the better of both parties.

While I do agree that Pogba is regularly paraphrased on his negative comments and we arent getting the whole piece from him, you have to take into account that it has happened far too often along with his nob head brother spouting about his future, his arse of an agent piping up. etc

Pogba was immediate to quash the negative rumours about him not playing for france anymore, but never seems to address the negative comments that his club and his fans have to put up with.

you summed this up perfectly when you drew comparisons to Ozil, just isnt room for a Pogba in our team, You can probably remember how excited I was when he returned, but I feel that the time is now to part ways for the better of both parties.

You can change clubs you can't change country which is why he jumped on that nonsense story because it was also linked to his religion and politics he probably considers other stuff as fair game but when it comes to that stuff he's not messing about.

I agree all parties are best suited by moving on but we're all trapped in this situation for the rest of this season so Ole probably can just ask him next internationals in March can you do the club a favour and not do any press because everything you say will be twisted into a story against the club and it helps no one. Issue is he's such a big name and star he's the one the press want to talk to.

I think there is room for Pogba but there isn't room for Pogba and Bruno.

Just think there's to much bad blood now with fans and the dissenters are growing in numbers he'd need a sudden return to form over a long period to win them back around but then how long before it goes back the other way.

It's not even about lack of form, most united fans can put up with that and help them along.

It's lack of commitment, not to club, to the game. If you're having an off period you can still put the work in, run, tackle, give 100%

He's not that type of player, and to me that says he's not a united player. I think as fans we can take dips in form, we can't take dips in effort, that isn't the united way.

It's not even about lack of form, most united fans can put up with that and help them along.

It's lack of commitment, not to club, to the game. If you're having an off period you can still put the work in, run, tackle, give 100%

He's not that type of player, and to me that says he's not a united player. I think as fans we can take dips in form, we can't take dips in effort, that isn't the united way.
Best post on here for a while. Addresses the real issue simply and clearly.

Telles has been pictured in training so he should be available which is a boost.

You do wonder if this is the game where we might see more of a risk taken in midfield can we get away with just 1 holding player like Fred with Bruno and VDB/Pogba as the other man in the midfield 3. Should we really need to protect Maguire/Lindelof at home to West Brom?

Surely we're expecting to play more of this game on the front foot.

You do wonder if this is the game where we might see more of a risk taken in midfield can we get away with just 1 holding player like Fred with Bruno and VDB/Pogba as the other man in the midfield 3. Should we really need to protect Maguire/Lindelof at home to West Brom?

Surely we're expecting to play more of this game on the front foot.
Surely the case, would be a bit miffed if we play 2 holding against arguably the worst team in the league.

Who do we think starts on the right ? Greenwood surely isnt fit after missing a good few days training.

Anytime you play at home, only one holding midfielder is needed.
Against WBA, you shouldn’t really need one.
If United don’t dominate play then there might be a problem.
No need to be cautious...

Anytime you play at home, only one holding midfielder is needed.
Against WBA, you shouldn’t really need one.
If United don’t dominate play then there might be a problem.
No need to be cautious...

Liverpool arguably play with 2 holding mids in almost every game so it really depends on what works for us.

Given we're likely playing Telles who's a very attacking left back he might want the extra security.

At this stage winning 1-0 is as important as winning 5-3 we just need points on the board my gut feeling is Ole plays safe from the start looks for the first goal then tries to punish on the break. This is how he's been setting up lately and changing away from the 4-2-3-1 hasn't really worked for us.

Surely the case, would be a bit miffed if we play 2 holding against arguably the worst team in the league.

Who do we think starts on the right ? Greenwood surely isnt fit after missing a good few days training.

Fulham are the worst team but WBA don't look great but they showed vs Chelsea they've got a threat some tidy attacking players especially on the break, so much guess is he plays cautious looks for the first goal then tries to pick them off with counter attacks. He knows how much another defeat hurts him so think it's safety first with Ole for a while now.

I think Mata will start on the right. Greenwood hopefully be on the bench sounds like he's been unwell Ole said he was away from the training ground during the international break and has only just come back so might be a bit early for a start.

Another game coming up Tuesday in Europe (home this time) so he's got to plan for that think we might see Greenwood/Cavani get a start in that game.

“Arguably”...
“Extra security”... you are playing West Brom.
The United ethos is taking the game to your opponent, isn’t it??
“Play safe” “punish on the break”
Never thought l would hear that negativity.

“Arguably”...
“Extra security”... you are playing West Brom.
The United ethos is taking the game to your opponent, isn’t it??
“Play safe” “punish on the break”
Never thought l would hear that negativity.

It's 2020 not 1999 we have to work with the team we've got.

Yeah up to me I'd say fly at them and try and smash them 5-0 like we used to do to poor teams in our prime but it's not my job on the line. We've shown consistently that this side is fragile when it plays an open game incredibly vulnerable to counter attacks so we therefore have to play in a way that gets the result first and then hopefully the attacking boys can put some shine on the scoreline. Until Pogba finds some form and can be relied on to not be a defensive liability in the 2 man midfield sadly he's got to sit on the bench and it doesn't seem like Donny really fits that system either. McTominay/Fred have proven to be a pretty solid partnership in the midfield it's not pretty but it does seem to work.

Play the game sensibly get that first goal then look to punish the gaps they leave and run the score up they're the Ole tactics so that's what I expect.

When the attitude is were expected to win then we normally don’t so safety first especially how inconsistent we are just until we get some points together.

I think Pogba will start. If he’s regained some form and fitness with France then time to see what he’s made of.

Would like to see Cavani start. Also like others have said you don’t need two defensive midfielders against WBA so would like to see DVB also get a game.

Gonna smash ‘em.

I think Pogba will start. If he’s regained some form and fitness with France then time to see what he’s made of.

Would like to see Cavani start. Also like others have said you don’t need two defensive midfielders against WBA so would like to see DVB also get a game.

Gonna smash ‘em.

Think you need 2 defensive midfielders when you’ve got our centre backs doesn’t matter who we’re playing the results and performances this season back it up. When we dont play 2 teams rip through us so easily.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back