Man Utd and England

Shoot

Banned
Back in the 90's I used to enjoy the fact that half of England's starting line up were often made up of Man Utd players.
Thinking about Rashford, Greenwood, Maguire, Wan Bissaka, Williams, the re-emergence of Shaw and the likely signing of Sancho I feel we could soon be back to that.
We have much to look forward to when we come out of this.

Don’t forget about Henderson.

I think there will be an emergence of a strong English core to our side. It does make watching the national side a bit more interesting when you’ve got a club interest in the players.

I don’t like United players being in the England team. I have zero confidence in Southgate, I don’t want those tactics sticking in our players’ brains, more miles on the odometer means more injuries, and I want our players to maintain rivalry with English players in other sides. I didn’t like seeing our boys chummy with Gerrard et al.

My issue in the 90s maybe more the 00s was the England fans always turned on the Utd players first when England failed probably because utd at the time were so successful.

England have got a good thing going now there’s a lot of positivity behind that England side and they have got a shot at the next two tournaments so I’d love to see some Utd players involved in that.

AWB is likely to be a squad member, Shaw & Henderson probably the same, Maguire and Rashford starting.

One thing that I think has helped England with the public is its a melting pot team it isn’t dominated by one club.

With what's happened worldwide at the moment I think Henderson will be starting keeper at the tournament next summer. The extra season is good news for him.

I also don't think Shaw has a shot at being in the side. He's being forces out of the United team by Williams and that'll happen at international level. But I think both will be behind Chilwell at least.

With what's happened worldwide at the moment I think Henderson will be starting keeper at the tournament next summer. The extra season is good news for him.

I also don't think Shaw has a shot at being in the side. He's being forces out of the United team by Williams and that'll happen at international level. But I think both will be behind Chilwell at least.

I think Chilwell will be number 1 but can see Shaw being number 2 Rose is finished and we know Southgate likes a back 3 can see him going as backup left back plus he’s also a good left sided centre back.

Henderson has a tough job Southgate is very loyal to Pickford and to be fair to Pickford he hasn’t really messed up in an England shirt could be one of those weird players who’s great at international football but average at club football.

I think AWB will miss euro 2021 I think Walker will go with TAA but I think after the next tournament Walker will drop out of the international scene.

How long before Greenwood gets a call up?

I don’t think Walker will be at Euro 2021, I think he is already being phased out by Southgate. I would be very surprised if AWB wasn’t in that squad, he would have to have a terrible time of things up to the tournament to not get in.

Think Greenwood will mull around the U21’s for a while but sure Southgate already has him in his sights for a full call up.

Pickford is a weird one like you say jsp. He has never convinced for Everton, he can pull off some top saves but he has some proper bad moments and if I was an Everton fan I would be having kittens if he was my goalie. Henderson is the natural heir and think he’ll be number one in time no doubt.

Yeah was never sure if he was freezing out walker or just giving him more rest plus he really likes Trippier too. England currently have 5 very good right back options the starters for Utd, City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Atletico Madrid. I’d say at the start of the season AWB was 4th choice but I’d like to think he’s pushed his way up the ladder but Reece James is really catching the eye at Chelsea

The greenwood one is interesting the tournament being delayed a year gives him a much better chance especially if he proves he’s a danger on the wings. Think it might be a year to soon if everyone is fit next summer but if he keeps progressing he will have a great chance in 2022. Currently you have Kane, Rashford, Sterling & Sancho as the 4 nailed on then you have a few others on the fringes for those 6 forward spots Abraham, Ings and Grealish.

Lingard’s days are probably over with the emergence of Maddison, Mount and Foden plus his massive drop in form even Dele Alli isn’t nailed on for a spot now. Barkley seems to be a Southgate favourite too.

There was growing talk of a recall for Smalling based on his performances on loan for Roma but not sure Southgate will go back think he will stick with Stones, Maguire, Gomez and Keane. Mings seems to be the 5th choice at the moment and Stones is having a stinker of a season. Tuanzebe if he gets fit and gets a run in the team could make a run at the squad as well but I think he’d need to form a great partnership with Maguire if Bailly stays fit he will find chances hard to come by.

I don’t like United players being in the England team. I have zero confidence in Southgate, I don’t want those tactics sticking in our players’ brains, more miles on the odometer means more injuries, and I want our players to maintain rivalry with English players in other sides. I didn’t like seeing our boys chummy with Gerrard et al.
You had nothing to fear!

Don’t forget about Henderson.

I think there will be an emergence of a strong English core to our side. It does make watching the national side a bit more interesting when you’ve got a club interest in the players.

Henderson is sold or let on loan and Smalling and Chong too!

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back