Man United ‘99 - Liverpool ‘20

IDFD

It’s difficult because they play a very different game. However Neville is probably the premier leagues best right back TAA isn’t getting in the team ahead of him yet that’s ridiculous. Neville’s delivery is underrated because he had Beckham ahead of him.

Probably agree with McLaren just VVD alongside Stam. Could make an argument for Salah down the right wing ahead of Beckham but it isn’t really the position he plays.

jsp

Teamwork makes the dream work lads so comparison is pointless because it's comparing a team that played 4-4-2 vs a team that plays 4-3-3 and is generally based around a starting XI.

Keeper ~ Nothing between them for me
Defence ~ Again nothing really between them they were both of their time.
Midfield ~ Utd got them beat hands down
Attack ~ Liverpool probably edge it.

4-3-3.

Schmeichel

Neville Stam VVD Robertson

Beckham Keane Scholes

Salah Firmino Mane

4-4-2.

Schmeichel

Neville Stam VVD Robertson

Beckham Keane Scholes Mane

Cole Yorke

SuperRash

Not having Mane over Giggs in a 4-4-2 jsp! Not in a month of Sunday’s!

Like has already been said it’s hard to do this because of the different formations and the actual game of football which has moved on.

Would only have VVD and Salah from the Liverpool team in a combined line up - at a push maybe Robertson over Irwin.

jsp

I just really like Mane and I don’t remember Giggs having a great 99 obviously had one of his greatest moments vs Arsenal so I tried to pick it on how they played in the respective seasons. For me Mane is the difference maker for that Liverpool side bit like Giggs could be back then if Mane is on it you’ve got no chance as he just pulls you apart Giggs could be the same.

I remember Giggs being great in Europe that season but being average in the league from memory Blomqvist played quite a lot of league games that season.

RichH2016

Probably biased, only VVD and TAA made my team
Funnily enough I only had VVD and Salah in mine. And I honestly looked at it as unbiased as I could. And actually I do feel like a lot are no brainers especially in midfield.

Rammlied

Keeper - United
Defence - Liverpool
Midfield - United
Attack - Liverpool

Rammlied

Liverpool had best mixing team so Reds will beaten Red Devils in 19/20 two games from a Trophy and UCL are Reds left there in??

Rammlied

Best defence 98/99 by Stam, Berg, Johnsen, Irwin, Neville entire UCL ..

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now