Main Title Rival?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure, Arsenal are always in the title race until they fall off around february/march time

too soon to count Chelsea out, but their present form must be a blow for the media, who cannot go on and on about how great the team is and how they will dominate the league!! lol

so much for JT's return restarting Chelsea's season LOL

Hollow hollow hollow
Chelsea's success is f*cking hollow
With all that money they took, off that BIG RUSSIAN crook, and they'll never win 3 in a row!
Hollow hollow hollow

Don't write off Chelsea..

They had a good start we had a bad start, now things have changed but it can easily change again..i'd rather keep calm and don't get to excited, we're only five days into december..

Chelsea are the team in my opinion unless Arsenal improve their back 5 during January.

We can re-evaluate this after the Chelsea game.

Arsenal team still appears to be an uneven at times. The defeats to Newcastle and WBA show this. Over the years, results like this has been common to them. And it has cost them dear. So, I still think our biggest rival in the title race is Chelsea. They are not in a good moment but we can never write them off.

Next we need atleast 4 points from the next two games...gonna be hard...let's see were we're at around new years...

Unless Chelsea buy 3-4 in January, I can't see them improving. Also depends who they buy, they spent £17m on Ramires so...

We've just got to keep doing our thing. We're in control, it's not won, would be stupid to think that, we're in control though, unbeaten and yet to get out of 3rd gear in my opinion. We're in a stronger position this season than we were this time last season with Rooney's goals... We've become more of a team this season, not relied on Rooney, not been able to.

Chelsea are really going through a terrible patch of form, it's funny because every week after a defeat one Chelsea player comes out and says they are gonna win the next game, and it was just bad luck, or some rubbish along those lines!!

to think they went from Media favorites who can't be beaten to now behind Shitty in the title race!

The one criticism of us, which I think is a bit unfair, is our away record because, when you analyse it, the performance level has been pretty good. Late goals against Everton, Fulham and Birmingham have cost us six points."

Sorry Sir Alex but against Everton and Birmingham both of which i went to it is because we have a 'what we have is what we hold' mentality......not a 'if we're in there half keeping possession they cannot be in ours causing us problems ' mentality.....but United being United it's what we love....they have not just done this under Fergie...it's inbuilt...have got too shut up ....don't half parrot on...

I think the Everton result is the one i can't stand.2 legitimate goals in injury time is unacceptable.Birmingham goal should have been disallowed cos of 3 reasons - offside,foul,handball.yet it stood which says that ref didn't wanna upset home crowd so we can't do anything about that.Fulham,we didn't deserve to win but still should have sore the penalty which would have killed the game

i think everyone will continue to drop points this season, even us.. so too early to rule anyone out! upto Tottenham in 5th, anyone has a shot at the title this season!

I think City are a threat mainly because they will be able to spend again in January. I don't know how much Chelsea will have but they won't be able to go out and buy plyaers like Dzeko on £170,000 a week like City are trying to do. They will just keep spending till they win something.

Can't rule anyone out, the standard of the Prem this season isn't that good and no one is afraid of anyone, anybody can beat anybody.

Interested to see how Torres will fit in at Chelsea, will he play three up front with Anelka & Drogba? Plus I agree his fitness is still an issue.

I think we will drop at least 3/4 points in the liverpool and chelsea game, though having watched torres and Chelsea last night I would feel confident in knocking them further down the table, and was frustrated that we couldnt play them first time out while they were struggling!

I fear Arsenal will not drop any points with there next 6 fixtures which on paper looks far easier than ours!
It will no doubt become very close towards the end of the season, and with Arsenal more than likely out of the CL after next week, I feel we will need one of our best finishes to the season for a very long time!

haha!
arsenalgk2.gif

A few weeks back, my mate (a Chelsea fan) conceded the title, not asked him since, I think they're back in it, but think they're probably concentrating more on the Champions League. I think they've got more chance of winning the Prem than the CL though what with Luiz not being available for the CL.

As we're on the topic of Chelsea, a lot of journos saying Ancelotti will leave at the end of the season regardless of what happens.

Yes, one of their Execs who rarely talks to the press, came out and said they would be reviewing his position at the end of the season regardless. A lot of talk in Italy is linking him to the Roma job.

Personally i rate him very highly as a manager and as a person.

Yeah same here, seems a nice bloke, don't think i've ever disagreed with what he's said, talks a lot of sense and is also quite funny. Just a shame that some of his team seem like absolute tosspots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back