Mahrez & Jorginho to City

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Man City: Premier League champions close to signing Riyad Mahrez & Jorginho

Be interesting to see how much business City do this summer you'd assume he won't be spending more on the defence having gone big on it already, might need a backup keeper if Bravo leaves and you assume Hart will finally leave this summer.

Jorginho is replacing Yaya Toure and they probably need one more attacking midfield option although I think we might see Bernardo Silva play more in the midfield 3 next season.

Up front Mahrez gives them a backup winger and they might want 1 more if Silva is going more centre, they don't need a striker if the current 2 stay.

Could this be it for City in the window?

they don't need much to be honest. This is probably it.

I think they probably need it more for Europe than for Premier League they did start looking a bit tired towards the end of last season so he might want to rotate his players a bit more in the early part of the season.

That said in the CL a mad 20 minutes and a few tight decisions going against them cost them vs Liverpool over the 2 legs if they'd made it through that they probably get to the final the way the draw panned out.

In terms of actully improving their starting XI it's very tough you could argue they maybe don't have world class wide players but the two they have are young and getting better every year.

Maybe they need a centre back in the Kompany mould that can be relied on but I don't think they are desperate as they have Otamdeni who's pretty good.

I cant really see Mahrez or Jorginho making them that much better. Fernandinho is pretty much the same player as J. What they will have is strength in depth.

I'm not really sure they need either to tell the truth. I think they perhaps need another CM, maybe more of a DM guy which actually surely Thiago? And I think they need a commanding CB to eventually replace Kompany... Plus he misses a lot of time.

£500m spent in 3 seasons if these two signings go through. Pep loves da money!

City on verge of signing Mahrez for £60m while we look to sign Willian for the same money. We've defo got that one back to front

Fair bit of talk that the Jorgino deal is held up because if/when Sarri takes over at Chelsea he wants to bring him with him and the stories are the player is keen to work with Sarri again.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back