Magnus Eikrem

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSNFRMN

Jim Solbakken told united.no that a number of clubs in the Championship would like to borrow Magnus Eikrem.

Rough Translation: Google Translate

Isn't the loan window still open? could go sooner than January.

I think Championship clubs can still loan but only from English clubs.

Re: Clubs want Eikrem on loan

i think loan window is open till mid October..i hope Eikrem stays till Jan atleast, i want to see him play in the Carling cup

Loan window also open for longer after January, until March I believe.

yep, gives championship clubs to make 3 month deals till Jan if required in case of an emergency..

I didn't think he was going to even be on the bench after playing for the Reserves. Should have come on with a sub left and us being 5-1 on. Perhaps Ole had said he wanted him to play tonight. But then why have him on the bench.

The only reason I can think of why Eikrem or even Evans didn't come on was because of tonight's reserves game, but then why not bring De Laet on?

Eikrem has got me really excited, not been this excited since Ando and Nani joined us, i really want to watch him play, who need Ozil or Modric when we have him!! :D

Sheffiled United On Verge Of Signing De Leat For Intial Three Month. -Skysports

Maybe Thats Why He Dint Play Yestrday.

Maggie is on twitter now @WolffEikrem

the fact that he says he's close to the first tam means a chance would be coming soon, after a bit of thought i realised we always delay offering contracts to youngsters till around Dec/Jan?

Same happened with Cleverley last season didn't it? we didn't actually sign him on a new contract till June!!
so i'm still keep hope, i think we'll keep Eikrem and loan him out?

Last edited:
Man United to loan youth star to Solskjaer | talkSPORT
Manchester United will offer youth star Magnus Eikrem a new deal - with a loan move to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's Molde on the cards as well.
Eikrem's existing deal runs out at the end of the season but talkSPORT understands talks are currently ongoing in order to tie the talented star down to a new contract.
The Norwegian midfielder, 20, moved to United from Molde in 2006 - the same club Solskjaer joined from a decade earlier.
talkSPORT revealed back in September that Solskjaer would leave his post as United Reserves manager to take over at Molde and our Norwegian insider has revealed that although Eikrem is set to be offered a new deal in Manchester, Solskjaer is keen on working with him.
Sir Alex Ferguson had planned to keep Eikrem in the first team squad for the duration of United's Carling Cup run but following their 4-0 humiliation at the hands of West Ham, Eikrem's chances of breaking into the first team this season have diminished.
But Ferguson rates Eikrem highly and wants to offer him a new deal - with a loan move to Molde in the New Year enabling him to develop under Solskjaer.

are talkSport trustable? some positive news on Magnus, i want him to make it at OT

Don't believe a word from talkSPORT. Eikrem's not an established name however so I doubt they're making it up. There's something in it.

Eikrem has been sold to Molde. Confirmed by scandinavian memebers of the supporters group. Eikrem said goodbye to his team mates last night and said he's looking forward to playing with his boyhood club and continuing to work with Ole.

Norwegian Journo, Vegard Fl. Vaagbo has said: “I’m told no agreement is reached between clubs. Can’t say how likely a transfer is, but Molde’s interest is well known”

Looks like it was all just rumour.

Loan would make more sense.

Apparently when he was saying his goodbyes today, he said goodbye until February.

Apparently United are playing Molde in a friendly on Feb 28th behind closed doors at Carrington...

"Magnus is travelling to Molde on Sunday to sign his deals, it will be confirmed then." - Preben Walle

Why not just loan him to Molde then?I hope United have inserted a buy back clause if they've actually sold him

The quotes that came out a few weeks ago from him said that while he was really close to the first team, going home and working with Ole with his boyhood club is very tempting. Wouldn't say he's become fed up, we've bought a few players from Molde over the years and have a connection with them, if he can prove himself at Molde, he'll be back.

Han blir Solskjærs første Molde-kjøp |  TV 2 Sporten | Fotball
“He is Solskjaer’s first signing for Molde” is the headline. Goes on to say that "formalities remain".

guess Eikrem is really leaving :(
surprised he never got a chance to prove his worth, like Tosic. sad to see him go, i really liked him!

He'll be back if he impresses. Indefinite loan is what i'd call it.

yeah i think a buy back clause is likely,
maybe it's Sir Alex's going away gift for Ole? i think Eikrem is leaving on a free deal?

Solskjaer has signed Eikrem and Angan, and is closing in no Joshua Gatt and Børre Steenslid, and maybe Andre Senghor.

United has a buy back clause with Eikrem.

Gatt has joined Molde by the way. There have been rumours he's going to try and take some of our youngsters on loan, Joshua King being one of them, this will get him involved in Norweigan football and help him get into the Norweigan national teams and also continue to learn under one of the best finishers. He's still young and can go on loan to a English club when he's older to gain experience of English football. Only problem with King going back to Norway is the possibility his head could be turned.

Magnus Eikrem has told MFK TV that he had an offer from Manchester United, but he decided to move as he didn't see a future at OT.
"You're scared of him, everyone's scared of him." -Eikrem on Sir Alex Ferguson.
"Paul Scholes, no doubt. He's the best every day. When we lost Ronaldo, the club moved on, when we lose Scholes it will be very hard."
On Ronaldo: "He trained very hard before and after training, but he wasn't as good as Scholsey, Giggsy and Rooney during training".
"I've learnt most from the best. Neville, Giggs and Scholes. How professional they are during training, even if they've won everything."
"It's down to Fergie being so strict. He doesn't let ANYONE rest on their laurels. It didn't matter if it was Paul Scholes or me."

Eikrem has won the young player of the year award in Norway. Excellent.

Brilliant for him. Ole wasn't up for Manager of the Year, apparently because he's not part of the LMA in Norway.

Hope we see Magnus return to Old Trafford, still can't understand why he never got a chance in the first team! :(

What is this all about? haha
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back