LVG to Everton?

SuperRash

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This could be a serious curveball. Think it’s a long shot but the odds on LVG going there seem to be shortening.

Though he was gonna retire after his contracted 3rd year at Utd?

Everton fans would hate the s**t football he plays, just like we did. Why are there so many negative managers around these days? Pulis sacked because of it, Southampton fans unhappy with their manager, Woy at Palace plays dire football etc

Football is actually losing its entertainment factor.

He's similar to Koeman in terms of style and to be fair he did ok at Utd considering the mess he took over but he just couldn't take us on that next level and the football he played wasn't going to get the fans onside. What he did do was give young players a chance and Everton have a lot of them and also he has Rooney on side as him and Rooney got on well.

Managers are hired to keep teams in the league, one of the easiest ways to do this is to make the team super organised and hard to beat and you can do that pretty quickly if you know what you're doing which is what these managers do but eventually the fans want more than that. These managers are never hired at the start of the season they come in as fire fighters mid season to sort clubs out which is why they're always in the frame when those jobs come up.

It doesn't matter who they appoint at the moment because until they get Bolasie fit and sign a proper centre forward they're going to continue to struggle but I'd be concerned about dropping LVG in mid season as while he does know the league it will take him at least a month to get his message through on the training pitch and with so many matches over the next 2 months he will not have a lot of time with them.

I wasn't a fan but at Utd in 2 seasons he finished 4th & 5th and won the FA Cup which in the post Fergie era as depressing as it is are our 2 best league seasons in terms of position in 4 years.

He would be a strange appointment and it doesn't seem like the sort of job that would tempt him back but he also HATES Koeman so he'd probably love nothing more than to take over his old job and do it better than him.

It doesn't matter who they appoint at the moment because until they get Bolasie fit and sign a proper centre forward they're going to continue to struggle but I'd be concerned about dropping LVG in mid season as while he does know the league it will take him at least a month to get his message through on the training pitch and with so many matches over the next 2 months he will not have a lot of time with them.
This is the thing, any manager who comes in are going to be faced with the same problems. They have a few decent young players who are getting good game time under Unsworth but their lack of a replacement for Lukaku is clearly evident. I’m surprised about Sandro, I thought he was going to be a very good signing but he hasn’t done anything so far.

I think they should just give it to Unsworth, this uncertainty is doing anyone no favours. I think the Marco Silva thing has probably died a death, Watford are stonewalling for sure. This LVG link could be the media clutching at straws to make a story. It’s anyones guess really.

This is the thing, any manager who comes in are going to be faced with the same problems. They have a few decent young players who are getting good game time under Unsworth but their lack of a replacement for Lukaku is clearly evident. I’m surprised about Sandro, I thought he was going to be a very good signing but he hasn’t done anything so far.

I think they should just give it to Unsworth, this uncertainty is doing anyone no favours. I think the Marco Silva thing has probably died a death, Watford are stonewalling for sure. This LVG link could be the media clutching at straws to make a story. It’s anyones guess really.

It's hard to read everything at Watford has a price they could just be hardballing the negotiations to get more money from Everton they'll probably have a list of 5 or 6 guys who they think could take over from Silva if he went because they're being run properly and have a network that reaches all across the globe, Everton don't seem to have that right now they don't seem able to think outside the box and find a guy like Silva who is out of work like Hull did last season.

I think unless you can get a guy who you think can keep you up this season then rebuild in the summer you might as well stick with Unsworth for the rest of the season you are probably good enough to stay up with him in charge. If it gets to the end of December and you are still in trouble then hit the panic button and bring in a fire fighter to keep you up.

Odds slashed on manager/player doing something is normally 2 things a betting company trying to generate bets on a stale "market" by slashing the price on a random candidate hoping that people lump on this guy thinking the betting companies are in the know or a slow news day where a journalist has spotted a sudden drop in the price of someone in a betting market.

People assume betting companies are "in the know" they really aren't they run odds based on statistics if a few people place money on LVG at 100/1 even a couple of £10 bets they will slash the odds just in case. They react to the way bets are made to minimise the exposure with the intention of making sure they make an overall profit on that "market" whatever the result. Obviously they keep an eye on all the news outlets just like we do but they might get the tip on something seconds before that journalist/agency break the news giving them just enough time to suspend betting before it's all over social media/sky sports news.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back