Luke Shaw to leave?

IDFD

Rumours that Leicester have made an enquiry about him in case Chilwell leaves.

It wouldn't surprise me if Utd were happy to move him on if they got a sensible offer for him lets say Chilwell moves for £50m in the summer Utd would probably want £30-40m for Shaw as he still has high value being English but he's not currently in the national team setup so you won't get as much as Chilwell.

Also, his wages would be a problem for Leicester their top earner is Vardy who probably earns less than Shaw so that's going to be a problem like it is when we sell any player these days the wages price them out of a lot of clubs reach. I do think he'd benefit from the move Utd a change of scenery might get the hunger (for football) back in him.

You then have a third thing which is if we sell him we then have to replace him Williams is doing ok but we'd still need another left back in the squad and say the budget is £30m do you trust our lot to find one who's better than Shaw for that money?

Shaw + £20m for Chilwell would be the ideal solution?

Shaw + £20m for Chilwell would be the ideal solution?

Maybe depends how much faith they have in Williams if they want to put him in as number 1 do you sign Chilwell?

If that deal could be done I'd take it and put Chilwell in as number 1 but sounds like other clubs might be ahead of us for him City apparently will go for him in the summer as they need English players for the home grown quota and they need a left back.

All this talk makes me realise how good Leicester are , they’ve got some really good players we want most of them by the sounds of it

Think they've just built a really solid squad of about 12-13 players but scratch away at the surface and there's not much backup.

They look like they're burning out a bit and they haven't had the heavy workload as they're not in Europe.

The bench for them isn't that strong but the starting XI is very good but bit like when they won the league the vultures are circling looking to pick them off. I'd be surprised if they manager to hang on to Chilwell, Soyuncu,, Ndidi, Maddison over the summer as I think the bigger clubs will be trying to tempt them with big money could even see Spurs going for someone like Schmeichel. Advantage for them is financially they're in good shape and the players are all tied down to long deals so there's no pressure to sell cheap.

Rodgers must have got some reassurance when Arsenal were sniffing.

Rodgers must have got some reassurance when Arsenal were sniffing.

I think that contract was a way of paying Rodgers and scaring off the competition.

He will know if bigger clubs come offering bigger wages his players will want to leave but Leicester won’t sell cheap they very much sell on their terms.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back