0​
0​
0​

Previous Seasons
Luke Shaw | Match Discussion thread 2017/18
Luke Shaw | Match Discussion thread 2016/17
Luke Shaw | Match Discussion thread 2015/16

jsp

Out for a month according to early reports.

International break coming up so might only miss a few games.

Had an ok start but no left footed back up creates a problem.

SuperRash

So Young to replace him? That would be depressing.

Wonder if Ole may look to the youth team to Brandon Williams. As Dalot is injured isn’t he? And Darmian is well, not sure really where he is.

jsp

My guess is Young he seems the obvious choice.

Dalot is injured as is Laird according to twitter.

Rojo and Darmian also options but hopefully by next weekend they’ll both be out the door but who knows.

Would be nice to see a youngster given a chance with some established players in the back 4 you’d hope he’d be looked after. I’d rather see a kid than Young especially if he’s a natural left footer as even with Shaw here that position is very much up for grabs.

RichH2016

Bring in a youngster? Got to be better than Young. And anyway I'm not sure Shaw is actually that good.

jsp

Me neither left back for me is a position where improvements could be made but it wasn't top priority for this summer other areas needed addressing first.

Shaw is just a funny player he's alright defensively and he's alright going forward which is fine but Utd have committed huge money to him and I do wonder if they made a mistake not cashing out when they had the chance.

SuperRash

Shaw is solid but not spectacular. The only other naturally left footer who can play left back apart from Rojo is Mitchell but he’s fallen off the first team radar.

I think this kind of epitomises our lack of squad options and unbalance. Our squad options are pretty poor where as City have Mendy, Zinchenko and Angelino just for left back but now we are going to have to whack Young in there now Shaw is out. We seem to just rely on fill in players who can do a job if required like Darmian and Young.

jsp

Yep squad balance is all over the place in theory we've got 7 centre backs 5 right backs and 1 left back before you even dip into the youth team setup some are injured and some might leave this week but it makes horrible viewing when you actually see it written down.

CB - Maguire, Lindelöf, Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Tuenzebe, Bailly
RB -AWB, Dalot, Young, Darmian, Fosu-Mensah
LB -Shaw

It pains me to say it but the most natural replacement is Rojo as he's actually left footed and has spent a lot of his career playing as a left back but hopefully he leaves this week so probably stuck with Young.