Luke Shaw injury v PSV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

Properly gutted.

I would be surprised if we see him again this season.

Originally when he was on the floor I thought I overreacted but not once the replay was shown.

I would rather have lost and had a fit Shaw.

I feared the worst when I saw the reaction of the PSV player.

It looked really bad. Gutted for him. He had started so well this season. Hope he gets well soon.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Feeling sad and angry, and don't feel particularly bothered by the result or anything else right now.

Was still on a right downer about this until lunchtime today. Some positive news come out since.

Ogden has also mentioned that it was a clean break.

12002810_794277497349360_7335686869253783594_n.jpg

Nothing isn't snapchat or instagram'd these days.

Rafinha also suffered a bad injury, anterior cruciate ligament damage in his right knee after a shit tackle from Radja Nainggolan.

Shaw:

I just wanna say a massive thank you to everyone at St Anna hospital for all the care and attention they have given me the last few days. Something I will never forget! Am pleased to be flying back to Manchester today so I can start my journey back onto the football pitch!

Shaw making positive steps with recovery - Official Manchester United Website

Manchester United defender Luke Shaw is making positive steps forward with his recovery from a broken leg, according to the latest update from Louis van Gaal.

Shaw has been on a long road back to fitness since being injured in the game against PSV Eindhoven on 15 September and the United boss discussed his progress during an interview with MUTV on Friday.

Van Gaal reported: “Shaw was with his surgeon and everything is going well. His bone is growing and that is very positive, but he needs time."

When asked whether the England international could possibly return ahead of schedule, the manager added:

“Yes, but when I say that then everybody thinks he is coming back within three months but it is not like that, you cannot say that.

“At this moment he is ahead in his rehabilitation but there are also weeks when he is slow. At the end, it is mostly the same [length of] time.”

Great news to hear that his recovery is going well and he could even be ahead of schedule...

But I thought his original plan was to return in March? But from LVGs comments he's not even within 3 months yet? Which means he's not going to make it back this season or it's highly unlikely.

But hey he'd only be rushing back for the Euros and I'd rather he took his time and missed the Euros.

Yeah I hope he does rush back when he's not ready and play at the Euros. I don't think players are ever fully recover when they do that and it comes back to haunt them.

Yeah I agree. Would prefer him to just concentrate on being ready for pre-season.

Read reports today that he is likely to be back in training in March. I hope he recovers well and does not rush his return.

He could do with a summer off. The worry would be if he does come back for the run in he will then be selected for the Euro's, which would be far from ideal.

Shaw reflects on emotional return from leg break - Official Manchester United Website

Luke Shaw admits he felt emotional when returning from his double leg fracture during last weekend's friendly at Wigan Athletic, but now the Manchester United defender is focused on the future and challenging for titles under the tutelage of new manager Jose Mourinho.

Shaw fractured his leg in two places while playing against PSV Eindhoven back in September 2015 and his road back to fitness at the Aon Training Complex was a long one, although his appearance at the DW Stadium hopefully signals the start of a successful comeback for the England international.

Speaking at a press conference in Shanghai on Thursday, on the eve of United’s pre-season friendly against Borussia Dortmund, Shaw explained how it felt to play again following his lengthy absence.

"It is the best feeling ever," Luke told reporters in China with a smile on his face. "When I had my first game on Saturday against Wigan, I felt so emotional. The way the crowd were with me, the cheers when I first had my first touch... you know that meant a lot to me. Obviously my family were there to see it and like I said it was the best feeling."

Asked if he ever feared he might not play again, Shaw admitted: "When I first did it the first thoughts that went through my head were 'am I going to play football again' and 'how long am I going to be out for'. I wasn't thinking too much of the pain because I can deal with that at that point but yes there was a fear of how long it was going to take or even if I was going to get back playing football.

"Obviously as I was going through it [the rehabilitation process] I knew I was coming back. I think now I'm just looking past it, I'm not going to look back, I'm just going to look forward now and obviously my leg feels great and you know I just want to push on in this pre-season and get fully fit."

Shaw’s return has coincided with Mourinho’s appointment as manager at United and the boyhood Chelsea fan is excited to work with the former Stamford Bridge boss in the coming season. "I'm really looking forward to working with him. We've done a couple of weeks now and I've spoken to him a couple of times and obviously the others players have talked to him as well.

"I think we are going to be challenging for every sort of title that we can go for this season. We all feel strong as a group and it's important now to sort out the tactical side of what Jose wants us to do in games, so we're practicing that in training sessions and hopefully we can take that into games and show a very strong side."

With any new manager comes speculation about the composition of his squad and one reporter asked Shaw if the players are playing for their futures during this pre-season tour of China.

“I don't know - you always have to play for your future,” the 21-year-old answered. “There will always be players coming in. You have to get used to that. Everyone has looked normal, there have been no discussions about anyone leaving. We're enjoying the training at the moment.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back