Lukaku to discuss future in summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sound like we aren’t that far apart I think it will happen.

Inter apparently at 70m Utd want 80m which basically covers what we will end up paying Everton with the add ons.

Conte is desperate to work with him yesterday was apparently the first meeting between clubs to discuss the deal I get the impression these things never get agreed in one day.

Icardi sent home from training camp by Inter by mutual agreement reports a move is imminent which would create the funds and space for Lukaku.

Some quotes from Lukaku being reported he told journalists they’d know more next when asked about move.

Story is as follows

Higuain to Roma
Icardi to Juventus
Lukaku to Inter

Ben Yedder to Utd??

Who know but feels like it’s close to happening.

Left out of the preseason game again with a knock.

James Ducker:

Inter are thought to be ready to offer United £60 million with a further £15 million in add-ons for Lukaku and could meet with United officials in Singapore, where the sides are due to meet at the National Stadium on Saturday.

Just get it done. I can't see us completely recouping what we paid for him but I think that's ok. He's two years older and he isn't a better player now than when we signed him.

Just get it done. I can't see us completely recouping what we paid for him but I think that's ok. He's two years older and he isn't a better player now than when we signed him.

True but the market has changed inflation in football due to Neymar is basically 100% over the last 2 years the prices have gone mad Utd have to demand a sensible price and I think they are being sensible with his valuation. Chelsea have just got in over 50m for Morata despite him being a massive flop, Lukaku has still got a decent scoring record both for Utd and Belgium in the 2 years he's been here so it's not like he's completely flopped. I think Lukaku is still one of the top 10 proper centre forwards in world football right now they are in short supply and short supply means high price and we know Inter & more importantly Conte really want him.

Had he banged 30 goals in both seasons Utd would want over £100m he's still in his peak years so I think a deal can be sorted we aren't miles apart on the numbers according to reports my guess is it'll get done and announced after this game.

True but the market has changed inflation in football due to Neymar is basically 100% over the last 2 years the prices have gone mad Utd have to demand a sensible price and I think they are being sensible with his valuation. Chelsea have just got in over 50m for Morata despite him being a massive flop, Lukaku has still got a decent scoring record both for Utd and Belgium in the 2 years he's been here so it's not like he's completely flopped. I think Lukaku is still one of the top 10 proper centre forwards in world football right now they are in short supply and short supply means high price and we know Inter & more importantly Conte really want him.

Had he banged 30 goals in both seasons Utd would want over £100m he's still in his peak years so I think a deal can be sorted we aren't miles apart on the numbers according to reports my guess is it'll get done and announced after this game.

West Ham Valued Arnautovic at 60m last season.

Especially when you see how silly Leicester are being over Maguire I think we are being Reasonable.

West Ham Valued Arnautovic at 60m last season.

Especially when you see how silly Leicester are being over Maguire I think we are being Reasonable.

It's pure market forces if someone wants to buy something you aren't really interested in selling then you will look for above market rate and try to fleece the buyer for all his money. If you put something up for sale chances are the buyer will try to buy at below the price you are offering at.

Football exists in this strange market where everything is for sale but not officially it's why some clubs like buyout clauses because it sets a price for a player they know they will eventually be selling and other clubs don't like them because they don't want a price. De Ligt apparently has a 150m euro buyout clause in his deal with Juventus that comes into effect from 1st July 2021 this is his agent already preparing the next move for his client and it's exactly why a lot of clubs backed off him. It may be that the agent uses this clause in 2 years to bump up the players contract if he wants to stay or he might use it to move him on he's basically got himself a chip to use when he needs to which is clever.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Gosh they keep hitting us with these low ball offers, we should lay down the law and be like give us this much or we aren’t selling. This is dragging on and if we do sell then will we have enough time to buy? It’s got to a point where it’s stump up or shove off.

I’d take the £60m he’s our second choice striker

I know we are not seemingly interested in a player swap deal but any deal with Dybala included should be snapped up in a heartbeat. He can play from the right and while he’s not always excelled at Juventus, he’s got so much talent and spark.

That’s Lukaku’s agent if anyone was wondering. Seems like something is in the offing.

Just get it done he’s missed all of pre season messing about the clubs who want him just need to bid properly and come to a sensible figure.

I have no ill will to him he was alright just wasn’t what we needed and needs to move on.

Left out of the squad for the game in Norway tomorrow.

We better hope he does go, imagine Lukaku without a game in pre-season? A rusty Lukaku is not a good sight and his first touch is bad even when he’s in form!

Assuming that is true then that is after tax.

In Italy the tax lay has changed this summer where foreign workers only pay 1/2 the standard rate of higher income tax as Italy looks to attract more foreign workers in all areas.

So it’s probably not far off the same salary we were paying him.

Not the best source...

I think you have to take this bid. Lukaku clearly isn't wanted here and that frees up space and money for other signings. How do we spend the money though? Do we use it as a replacement for lukaku or do we use the strikers we have and invest in more pressing positions like midfield

If we sell Lukaku I’d use the money to buy a midfielder.

Rashford can have the season to either prove he can handle being the main man or show us that he can’t. If he’s struggling through the middle Martial and Sanchez can have a go. Greenwood will also get minutes. I feel the midfield needs improving for than the back up forwards role.

However the rumour is we’ve already tied up Manzukic for £15m in the back up strikers role. Leaving £60m if the Lukaku money to spend.

He's got to go if Inter are back with a serious offer then take it.

There was talk of Juventus being open to offering other players but it's other older guys like Matuidi along with Mandzukic and cash which just makes things a bit messy.

Even if no one comes in Rashford, Martial, Sanchez are your 3 senior centre forward options in the squad before you get to Greenwood so we aren't that short of attacking options.

If we could get the money in and buy a proper replacement for Matic then that would be great but talk of that sort of midfielder has been almost non existent this summer.

I think he's going to remain a United player now! Can he get his head down and be professional?

I don't think he will stay, Utd want him out the door keeping one unhappy player motivated is hard enough you don't want a group of them around the dressing room.

Utd might have to take a lower offer from Inter but I'm 90% convinced he won't be a Utd player by the end of the European transfer window.

He's not even in Manchester, training with Anderlect apparantly

I think he's still going to be a United player. Unfortunately the way he's seemingly now gone about things I don't think he'll be used much. That'll hurt him next year when teams have lost interest because he hasn't played.

Can’t see him being a united player there’s still time to run on the other windows and United don’t want him. Been sent to train away from the team.

Inter and Juventus still have time to raise the cash to get him and one of them will probably do it.

I don't think Utd even need to sign a replacement for him with Sanchez staying we probably have enough as long as we don't plan on taking the Europa League to seriously.

I don't think he'll be gone by tomorrow but he'll be gone by the time the window shuts in Europe.

It's a shame it's come to this but if he's there without permission surely Utd should be on the phone to Anderlecht asking them not to allow Lukaku access to their training facility as he isn't their player.

What happens if he gets injured by one of their players? I assume Utd just wouldn't pay him as he's in breach of contract.

Sounds like it’s getting a bit fraught between the club and player but we are not going to let him go for peanuts so we will only accept the right offer.

I assumed he had permission to train away from the team but if he’s deliberately missing going back to the club for training then the toys are well and truly out of the pram. Won’t miss him in the slightest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back