Lukaku to discuss future in summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I honestly think if we get decent offers let him go he’s not going to be back he number 1 guy at Utd and he’s on way to much money for a squad player role.

I saw rumours that Conte is going to Inter in the summer and wants Lukaku as the Icardi replacement.

Shouldn't even be a discussion should just be told to find another club as he's not going to be in first team plans going forward.

I don't think he's the sort to sit here taking the money he'll want a move the issue is going to be finding a buyer that

1) is attractive to the player ie a decent CL club
2) can afford his wages
3) can afford his transfer fee.

So we’d be taking a 20m hit in 2 seasons?

I still think a fit Lukaku is our best centre forward guess the question is do you gamble a better season next season drives the price back up or do you cut your loses and move on?

Personally I think cut and run even at his very best he’s not good enough for where we want to be get him out along with the wages get in an experienced pro who knows the ropes to compete with and push Rashford next season.

Lukaku just doesn't suit the type of football I want to see us playing.

Id do the same, cut your losses and get something back for him, he could be poor again next season and we would get cock all for him.

Lukaku just doesn't suit the type of football I want to see us playing.

I think a fully fit Lukaku can we've seen it with Belgium and it's up to him to be running in behind teams which is what he always did before he came here and for the team to stop punting long balls at him.

his touch is awful, he can't control a moving ball

his touch is awful, he can't control a moving ball

Not going to disupute that but we are the 6th best team in the league looking to push into 3rd or 4th next season.

My point is he might still be the guy for next season but he's not the one for the one after that. If the guy we think is that guy isn't available this summer then we might have to stick with this guy for one more year if the offers don't come in.

The Everton Lukaku and the one we saw in his first season where he scored 25-30 goals I think is good enough for where we are now if the right man isn't available. I think he'd be good enough to be the competition we need for Rashford next season.

However, I think his head has gone here he sees himself elsewhere now it hasn't worked for him and we shouldn't stand in his way if he gets the right offer. Any half decent striker will set us back £50m now as that's the market and that is all we'd get for Lukaku.

I think the plan has to be get his fit get him focused and get him back firing in goals the issue for him is I think he's already lost the faith of the fans who were only ever really 50/50 on him. That old Trafford crowd is a tough crowd to impress as they've seen great things I don't think he's mentally got enough in him to win them back.

Yeah think this would be good business. Recoup some money for a player who's not favoured here and doesn't fit the style going forwards. Better than him sitting on the bench for a year and leaving for even less.

we should have thrown the money box at Griezmann. Keep Pogba happy too.

we should have thrown the money box at Griezmann. Kepp Pogba happy too.

We tried that 2 or 3 seasons ago he rejected us can't even remember which summer that happened think it was the end of the first season under Jose.

Utd were in pole position everything reported to be pretty much agreed but Griezmann backed out as he didn't want to leave.

I always felt he liked the idea of playing for Utd but not the current version.

He rejected Barca last year too.

Let me just wallow until he announces Barca please :)

It might be part of Ole's build a team around Pogba scheme. Even though it looks more and more like Pogba is off too.

On the thread topic, if someone comes in for him we should let him leave, while we can.

Just read if Lukaku leaves we would go for Lewandowski

That doesn't seem consistent with the sort of players we apparently want. Great player in his day but that may have passed now.

That doesn't seem consistent with the sort of players we apparently want. Great player in his day but that may have passed now.

Think there's some sense in going for some experience but his day has been and gone hence why Bayern are probably prepared to let him leave he's had a poor standard by his own high standards this year.

It all depends on numbers if Bayern are prepared to let him go cheap to get him off the wage bill and he doesn't want a silly long contract maybe there's a way this does work but a bit like Zlatan he'll be a very static centre forward so you'll need players to move around him and full backs who can provide the crosses to him in the box.

I still don't really know what Ole football looks like he went counter attack because that is what the squad he took over was built for but surely if he's getting a 3 year deal he sees Utd becoming a much more dominant side next season.

Bayern want him to stay, they are going to try one last time, but he wants to leave. Fallen out with someone or something. So the piece said.

At 30, he's probably got a couple of years left in him. Might teach Rashford that cutting edge he needs.

Rumour that Inter are going to offer us £30m plus Perisic for Lukaku.

I think the ship has sailed on Perisic now so can't see Utd taking him as part of any deal my guess is they'll want straight cash for Lukaku.

yeah I'd let him go for that, very limited player. Don't want Perisic

We paid £75m plus add ons which probably haven't been met.

In terms of all the FFP financing stuff Utd will still have £45m of that to pay as the £75m fee is split over the 5 year contract.

My guess is Utd will be pushing to get their fee back the market has been heavily inflated since they signed Lukaku but I think they know they'll be taking a hit because the clubs who could be paying that sort of fee probably aren't looking at a player like Lukaku.

Inter are tied up in knots with FFP at the moment so unless they are able to sell Icardi I think we'll struggle to get any serious offers from them can see them trying to do a loan with option to buy type deal.

Icardi - Lukaku swap ? as @jsp has said, I dont think this deal happens if we are asking for straight cash, it just wont happen.

My patience has run out with Lukaku, Im sure we might have differing opinions about him but I would personally love to see him go and we bring in a quality replacement with the money we get for him.

Its hard to find a player to suit that position next year for us, unless we stick Rashford up front and just tell him to make it his.

Completely random one but I like Piatek from AC Milan, wont happen but I think he's brilliant.

Please dont say we take a Perisic plus cash deal for Lukaku.

there is no payer at Inter I would want. It's cash or nowt for me. No point getting rid of one average player with prem experience for one average player without prem experience.

Apparently Inter's FFP restrictions are now over but they have 1 more game to guarantee the CL for next season they need a draw at home to Empoli to secure 4th.

I don't watch enough Inter to know much about the squad the obvious player is Icardi the talent is more than obvious but he comes with baggage that I don't think the top clubs want to put up with which is why he's still at Inter. Isn't there a centre back we've been getting linked with a lot?

If Conte is going in there which is the rumour then I think there's a great chance of this deal happening because he wanted Lukaku at Chelsea.

Apparently Inter's FFP restrictions are now over but they have 1 more game to guarantee the CL for next season they need a draw at home to Empoli to secure 4th.

I don't watch enough Inter to know much about the squad the obvious player is Icardi the talent is more than obvious but he comes with baggage that I don't think the top clubs want to put up with which is why he's still at Inter. Isn't there a centre back we've been getting linked with a lot?

If Conte is going in there which is the rumour then I think there's a great chance of this deal happening because he wanted Lukaku at Chelsea.
Skriniar ?

I mean if he's really worried then I'm sure him and his agent could take less from the deal to make it happen.

Feels like this one has a good chance of happening just haggling over the fee.

I think we are at the point where even if we get £50m for him everyone wins there's zero chance of him winning over the fans here and he probably needs a fresh start at a new club.

Apparently Inters bid is £30m. For that I’d keep him. They need to meet us in the middle at £50m.

Yep, £30m is too low and too much of a hit for us to take, I would take £50m, cut our losses and reinvest that back into the squad.

He was never a Man United player in the first place, in my opinion.

The rumours are Inter want a loan with option to buy deal which I just don't see appealing to Utd.

Lukaku for me is good enough for stage 1 of this rebuild which is getting back in top 4 next season get him back in proper shape and he's still a 20 goal a season striker.

The only way I'd sell him is if there was a good cash offer for him we will probably get back less that we paid but in pure accounting terms anything less than £50m would be a loss with FFP because of the way transfer fees are booked. With 3 years of a 5 year deal left £45m is the book value on a £75m transfer I think Utd will be looking for that as a minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back