Lukaku to Chelsea?

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Rumours today that they lodged two bids for Lukaku to bring him back to the club.

Second bid reported at £85m plus Marcus Alonso.

Inter apparently not interested in selling and player wants to stay but no smoke without fire they are skint so wouldn’t be surprised if this one happens.

Be big pressure if he goes back.

Tricky one for him if he stays surely they sell some of his best team mates instead?

His comments earlier in the summer were certainly strong suggestion that he wants to stay at inter next season, seems happy there and that’s got to be important to him and the fans seem to love him.

I think he will struggle if he comes back to England. He will still be in the top 10 strikers in the league but I think he will have a poorer return than he did when he was at United. I'm frankly astonished that Teuchel wants him, but I hope they get him because then that frees up our run at Haaland.

Sounds like it’s close to done deal.

Just short of £100m as part of the deal Utd will get around £4m due to a sell on clause.

Huge pressure on him coming back to Chelsea where things never really took off for him but he’s always scored plenty of goals and he is what that Chelsea side lacks.

Bit of a strikers graveyard though that club had so many down the years who’ve struggled to meet the standards

He'll score, but offer nothing else. But that might be enough for them

His first touch will infuriate their fans. I'm glad here's there and not here.
The big front man has never been right for United look at Felaini and when I was younger Joe Jordan not the United way

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The big front man has never been right for United look at Felaini and when I was younger Joe Jordan not the United way
ummm, Fellaini wasn't a front man, Jordan was pretty good for us when we were pretty poor and Mark Hughes was a big front man...

Lukaku just isn’t a big man type striker smash long balls at him like Mourinho did and he’s pretty useless but play close to him and put balls into channels and he can be almost unstoppable. Just because he’s massive doesn’t mean he can play like Drogba.

There’s a lot of creativity at Chelsea so could be good for him but they need to have people close to him Inter played him in a front 2 and it really got the best from him.

Interested to see how Chelsea look to use him will they try a front 2 with him and either Havertz or Werner or stick to the 3-4-3 system that worked so well for them in the second half of last season.

Let’s hope he’s a massive flop.

ummm, Fellaini wasn't a front man, Jordan was pretty good for us when we were pretty poor and Mark Hughes was a big front man...
To quote you ummm Felaini was played up front a lot by Moyes and Van Gall long ball every time shite to watch similar with big Joe when we were shit under Sexton some awful football. And Sparkie was not a big front man just strong

I have to say... As a somewhat neutral (of course I want united to win but I'm more neutral than an average United fan) I do think this is a top signing for Chelsea and a dangerous one for United.

People have their own thoughts on Lukaku and he absolutely comes with limitations... But he's going to score a lot of goals in that team with their creativity and that's what that team needs.

To quote you ummm Felaini was played up front a lot by Moyes and Van Gall long ball every time shite to watch similar with big Joe when we were shit under Sexton some awful football. And Sparkie was not a big front man just strong
you're trying to tell me Fellaini was a centre forward? In the Lukaku/Bob Latchford/further back mould? Sorry, but no. More to the point, Fellaini wasn't a goal scorer while Lukaku is... but hey ho

Lukaku will score goals, no doubt, it's a great signing for Chelsea.

But I dont want players like that at united, his first touch is terrible, and he can't play the football I like to see. He probably does suit Tuchel who does play quite boring football. Bang it down the channel to chase after.

I think he'll be dropped by January. Tuchel isn't going to go to a 4-4-2 and Lukaku can't play as part of a dynamic front 3. He proved that with us. He doesn't have the first touch or passing ability. They're creative because they've played Werner up top. Take him away and they lose a lot of their creative edge. Don't forget he had most chances created and most assist for Chelsea in the league last season.

You have to assume he's whose dropped because there is no way it's Havertz and it's not gonna be Mount.

Let's not forget he couldn't force himself in a side containing Martial and Rashford two seasons ago.

They are essentially writing off Werner as a first choice. Sure he didn’t have a great time of it last season but he showed for Leipzig he is a good goal scorer - it just didn’t work out last season.

Lukaku sure is racking up the transfer fees! No doubt he will score goals but meh he will still be cumbersome with a poor first touch. Not really thinking he is improving Chelsea drastically.

That's a hell of a lot of money to spend on a guy on the back of one good season abroad when he has a proved track record of far less in your own league and for your own team. He needs somebody like Martinez playing alongside him, and I don't think Tuchel is adventurous enough to play him with Werner.

I think Chelsea stick to 3-4-3 they’ll play 2 very attacking wing backs then look for Havertz and Mount to play inside close to Lukaku. Where he struggled at Utd was being isolated a lot so often he’d get the ball and have no one within 20 yards of him.

Lukaku at his best is great at running channels which is what Werner did well for them last season but he’s a far better finisher.

I think had Ole shown some patience with Lukaku he’d have got loads more out of him as our number 9 but I understand why he shifted him as his head had gone at Utd.

Lukaku will score goals, no doubt, it's a great signing for Chelsea.

But I dont want players like that at united, his first touch is terrible, and he can't play the football I like to see. He probably does suit Tuchel who does play quite boring football. Bang it down the channel to chase after.
so you don't want to see us score goals? frankly, I don't care how we score goals - if we get 100 own goals, that's fine by me. and his first touch is certainly no worse than martial's

Lukaku's first touch is worse than mine let alone Martials.

so you don't want to see us score goals? frankly, I don't care how we score goals - if we get 100 own goals, that's fine by me. and his first touch is certainly no worse than martial's
Are you joking, Lukaku's first touch, and control is attrocious. Did you watch the Euro's?

We score goals without Lukaku, scoring hasn't really been a problem. And I'd rather we score watching decent football rather than watching Lukaku. I assumed you also watched United while he was here?

And personally, the style of football we play is quite important to me, I like to be entertained.

Think you’d feel very different if every week Bruno was putting the ball on a plate but time and time again it bounced off Lukaku’s shin for a throw in.

Lukaku has good qualities but close control is not one of them. On the flip side Martial has many flaws but first touch is not one of them.

I feel like Lukaku's success at Chelsea will somehow turn into a referendum on Ole. No matter how well he does at Chelsea, we were 1000% right to get rid of him. He was a liability on the pitch and a cancer off it by all accounts.

you're trying to tell me Fellaini was a centre forward? In the Lukaku/Bob Latchford/further back mould? Sorry, but no. More to the point, Fellaini wasn't a goal scorer while Lukaku is... but hey ho
He wasn't but he was often played in that sort of role just because of his height equalling long ball shite. Joe Jordan was a centre forward and decent player but the football was dire after growing up watching Pancho Merlin Greenoff Sammy Mac Copull etc not saying Lukako wont score goals but not the football style for United no way

Are you joking, Lukaku's first touch, and control is attrocious. Did you watch the Euro's?

We score goals without Lukaku, scoring hasn't really been a problem. And I'd rather we score watching decent football rather than watching Lukaku. I assumed you also watched United while he was here?

And personally, the style of football we play is quite important to me, I like to be entertained.
This

He wasn't but he was often played in that sort of role just because of his height equalling long ball shite. Joe Jordan was a centre forward and decent player but the football was dire after growing up watching Pancho Merlin Greenoff Sammy Mac Copull etc not saying Lukako wont score goals but not the football style for United no way
I'd happily miss out on Lukaku if it meant going back to the days of two flying wingers (Stevie Cop and the crazy Cockney) but Ole doesn't seem to believe in that despite benefiting from having Becks and Giggs in his playing days - it's the reason I don't think he knows anything about our DNA whatever the PR and spin would have us believe.

And I'd take a Stuart Pearson over Lukaku - but no such thing exists at the moment, so I still think a forward who will score enough goal to mount a title challenge over someone who won't (Martial and Rashford) is a good idea. As a matter of interest, isn't Halaand a big target man (in addition to others things)?

were you entertained when we lost to Sheffield United? Or Palace? When we failed to beat Fulham? In the Europa final? When we consistently played crap in first halfs? We are crying out for a goal scorer - or do you not get excited every time we score? We cannot rely on Bruno to come up with goals again and again

I feel like Lukaku's success at Chelsea will somehow turn into a referendum on Ole. No matter how well he does at Chelsea, we were 1000% right to get rid of him. He was a liability on the pitch and a cancer off it by all accounts.
what "accounts" were that?

Cavani is here you must be forgetting.

We can only assume we signed him for an extra year as they are going after Haaland next summer when his get out clause kicks in.

As for Lukaku, a little google search will show he upset people.

And I've been far more entertained in Ole's stuardship than Jose and Lukaku.

I'm not sure why you're losing your sh$t over Lukaku when we had him, and it didn't work.

It did work for a season - then Ole decided he didn't like him, or at least it seemed that way. I'm happy for you that searching google to back up your beliefs worked out well. Arte the sources the same ones you choose to ignore when you don't like the story? I'm pretty sure, by the way, that a goole search also reveals the moon landings never happened.

I have not forgotten Cavani; but sounds as if Ole has since some newspapers are saying Martial will start ahead of him on Saturday. Google that and you'll find it! I agree that the plan is to get Halaand next season but given our track record there is no evidence to be overly confident of that happening and it means pretty much giving up on this season
Cavani is here you must be forgetting.

We can only assume we signed him for an extra year as they are going after Haaland next summer when his get out clause kicks in.

As for Lukaku, a little google search will show he upset people.

And I've been far more entertained in Ole's stuardship than Jose and Lukaku.

I'm not sure why you're losing your sh$t over Lukaku when we had him, and it didn't work.It do

Martial will start, Cavani is injured. So I'm not sure where you get your info :D good point there.

I remember the Lukaku stories without using google, I suggested you look as you couldn't have been paying attention at the time.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back