Lukaku to Chelsea?

I think Cavani is back fit but he's only just returned to England so it's impossible for him to play the weekend. As he's got to isolate.

As for Lukaku I think I said at the time if I have to waste another afternoon watching him attempt to control a football I'll end up going crazy.

The guy bulked up for Belgium came back and was a shadow of his former self. He couldn't handle being dropped and stropped about it instead of shifting the weight and getting back in the side.

There's a reason Ibra said he'll give him £500 every time he controls a ball with his first touch. It was never in danger of happening.

Martial will start, Cavani is injured. So I'm not sure where you get your info :D good point there.

I remember the Lukaku stories without using google, I suggested you look as you couldn't have been paying attention at the time.
so tell them to me...

We used Lukaku terribly under Jose and given the state of him when Ole came in getting him out was win win for everyone he’s got his career back on track at Inter. Doesn’t make us wrong for selling him.

On paper it should work at Chelsea but good plans don’t always come off the crowd at Chelsea will be just as tough as the crowd at Utd if he gets off to an iffy start they will be on him and it’ll be up to him to win them over.

I think had Ole found a fit and firing Lukaku when he took over he’d have loved working with him and he’d have got great results from him but what he found was a physically out of shape and a mentally broken Lukaku.

I'd happily miss out on Lukaku if it meant going back to the days of two flying wingers (Stevie Cop and the crazy Cockney) but Ole doesn't seem to believe in that despite benefiting from having Becks and Giggs in his playing days - it's the reason I don't think he knows anything about our DNA whatever the PR and spin would have us believe.

And I'd take a Stuart Pearson over Lukaku - but no such thing exists at the moment, so I still think a forward who will score enough goal to mount a title challenge over someone who won't (Martial and Rashford) is a good idea. As a matter of interest, isn't Halaand a big target man (in addition to others things)?
He is definitely not 'a big target man' in the sense I have described I personally think he is City bound regardless due to his dads connection

Pep and Raiola have a real problem after Zlatans spell at Barca.

I can see him at United for a couple of years before the big Madrid move.

Hopefully Lukaka at Chelsea will be like Torres was when he joined Chelsea: a shadow of the former player. I really do want Chelsea and Lukaku to get stuffed this season.

Hopefully Lukaka at Chelsea will be like Torres was when he joined Chelsea: a shadow of the former player. I really do want Chelsea and Lukaku to get stuffed this season.
I thin he's going to show Ole up for the inexperienced manager that he is...

Why's that, I've been a United fan since the 70's. Difficult for me to think of a player I wanted out of our club more than Lukaku

Tbh I think Lukaku is irrelevant to Ole. It matters not how he does for Chelsea just how he did for United and most of the time he was average.

Tbh I think Lukaku is irrelevant to Ole. It matters not how he does for Chelsea just how he did for United and most of the time he was average.
Exactly. Lukaku was basically sent to a lower league to brush up his game. We'll see how he does this term. In Italy he did 47 goals in 72 matches but I just don't believe that's an accurate assessment of his abilities because we've already seen him in the PL for years. His overall stats in the PL have him with a 46% shooting accuracy rate, 113 goals for a 0.45 goals per match ratio. He also has 86 "big chances missed".

2018/19 season he had 12 goals in 32 appearances, 0.38 GPM, and 15 big chances missed.
2017/18 season he had 16 goals in 34 appearances, 0.47 GPM, 11 BCM.
2016/17 season he had 25 goals in 37 appearances, 0.68 GPM, 8 BCM.
2015/16 season he had 18 goals in 37 appearances, 0.49 GPM, 18 BCM.
2014/15 season he had 10 goals in 36 appearances, 0.28 GPM, 12 BCM.

With these stats in mind, I expect him to hit double digit goals. 16.2 goals is the average from those numbers above. Get rid of the two aberrations (10, 25), and the average is 15.3. I guess he'll do a little better, call it 16 goals, plus any penalties they let him take. Salah last time had 16 open play goals and 6 pens, by comparison. Calvert-Lewin also had 16. I think he'll be right around Calvert-Lewin and Ollie Watkins, with Kane, Salah, Vardy, Fernandes, Bamford, Son, and Aubameyang outscoring him. He'll have his 2nd or 3rd best season in the PL. Is that world class?

Lukaku will be in the top 8 stats-wise I'd think. One thing he did at United is score a lot of meaningless goals, or goals when the game had already been decided (as in, score the 3rd in a 4-0 win). If he's the main man at Chelsea and his touch deserts him (as it usually does) then I think he'll slide down the pecking order quickly. I don't think Teuchel will persist with him if the fans are on his back.

He's had good players around him before and only set the world ablaze one season. Unless he suddenly learned how to be unplayable there's nothing in Lukaku that will reflect poorly on Ole. He's a good player, not a great one, at least one he's not playing for his country. I'm glad Ole got rid of him.

I cannot fathom how anybody could’ve watched him for United and regretted his departure. I mean he tried to shame Shawberto Carlos on his way out for being fat and slow FFS.

He’s done an interview today saying he’s not happy at Chelsea basically wants to go back to Inter.

good luck with that they’re skint so unless you‘re paying the transfer fee yourself and playing for free you’re not going back

Why do the interview Is the thing I can’t get my head around?

No good could come from it he surely can’t be trying to force his way out of Chelsea after half a season.

Inter Ultras apparently not impressed by it anyway they felt he jumped ship rather than sticking it out.

Not in the squad today vs Liverpool

Tuchel/Chelsea had no choice star name or not if you allow players to do this sort of stuff there has to be consequences.

Rumours today that Inter are trying to get him back.

Not sure where the money for that is going to come from their owners stopped investing last summer which is one of the reasons they sold Lukaku to balance the books.

Was one rumour of a swap deal involving Martinez as Inter are looking to bring Dybala in on a free.

As crazy as it sounds if Inter can cover the wages I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea agreed to send him back their on loan for a season seems pretty clear he's not a part of Tuchel's plans so he wont want him around.

One article said Chelsea were prepared to subsidise some of the wages.

Looking pretty much certain he's going back on a 1 year loan deal clubs just need to agree a loan fee reportedly between £10-15m for 1 year loan.

Inter need the deal to be concluded before end of June so they can register his contract under the current tax laws in Italy which allows foreign workers to pay lower taxes this scheme ends for footballers at the end of this season. Rather than paying 50% tax it drops to something like 25% which means in theory Lukaku takes a pay cut but his take home pay doesn't really drop.

Been an absolute disaster of a signing for Chelsea as no big club is going to touch this guy again so they'll be stuck with him unless Inter find a load of cash to buy him back.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back