Status
Not open for further replies.

JSNFRMN

109497610.jpg

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/Search...rial&p=manchester+united&assetType=image&ep=2

So glad to see Valencia back in training.it's been so long since we've seen him play.I hope he is back for the FA Cup game.Really missed him.

Can't wait to have Valencia back in the starting lineup

also nice to see Josh King involved in first team training!

Nani on the left and Valencia on the right is going to be great for us. We saw on Saturday that Nani can be just as effective on the left as on the right.

King, Tunnicliffe and Pogba are all said to be more involved with the first team recently. I think Ravel has been too.

Wolves - 3rd March
Blackpool - 9th March
Sunderland 17th March

Not sure if there's another rearranged too. I think there's a friendly with Molde too, behind closed doors. Potential return.

i think Valencia might be on the bench against Wolves? give him a short run out, and then play 90 mins in the next game

Relying on a 37 year old to get up and down the wings is not good.

SAF on Valencia: It's deciding when to put him into the cut and thrust of a game. At some point we're going to have to try, not tomorrow.

SAF on Valencia: It's deciding when to put him into the cut and thrust of a game. At some point we're going to have to try, not tomorrow.

Hopefully on the bench for Wednesday then. Good to hear this from SAF, shows they're not rushing him.

Hopefully on the bench for Wednesday then. Good to hear this from SAF, shows they're not rushing him.
Makes sense.

I'm delighted Valencia is back. My uncle calls him 'Tony Valencia' sometimes, sounds like he's in the Sopranos or something!

Looking forward to seeing Valencia back. I hope he can make a full recovery with his confidence not being affected.

Valencia was one of my favorite players from last year, and I think we miss his directness on the ball this season. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he can come back and be the same kind of player he was last season -- maybe he's even worked on his left foot during his rehab! :) With Nani and Park out we will be struggling for goals, offensive hustle and creativity -- we need a healthy (and fearless) Tony V back as soon as possible!

haha. I call him Tony V sometimes. Considering how good he was for us last season, he's been a bit of a forgotten man this season, and although Nani's done brilliantly, we have missed him, with both him and Nani, we would be a lot better.

Yeah i agree.

In my opinion i think Valencia has to be one of the real class players that we have in our squad, you can see the fear in opposing defenders when he's on the ball.

Very underrated though, but I suppose he had/has big shoes to fill, being "Cristiano's replacement".

Very underrated though, but I suppose he had/has big shoes to fill, being "Cristiano's replacement".
Absolutely.

I always thought he was outstanding when he was at Wigan. Also, he's been impressive playing for Ecuador.

Valencia was brilliant after he came on!! Looked like he was never injured actually!! Looked as quick as he was before, and showed no fear running with the ball!

I agree G@mb!t, great to see him back.
It's just like having a new signing but 1 who can fit straight in.

I don't think we could have wished for a better comeback, never thought it would go that well. Great timing too what with Nani out. Fergie said after the game that he felt a bit more confident that Nani would play vs Bolton.

I actually thought Valencia looked more dangerous than he was before the injury? Never really seen him run at defenders and dribble past them, usually he uses his pace to create a bit of room and cross, but yesterday he was prepared to take on his marker and looked like he could get past him every time!

He'll be up against Heinze if he does play on Tuesday, he'll beat him for pace but Heinze's more aggressive tackling will be a test for him.

He was excellent, the only criticism I would have is that when he cuts back onto his left he is unwilling to try anything with it. A few times today I felt Nani would've got a shot on target in the same situation. His direct running and quality of ball makes a massive difference. I'd like to see him and Chicharito on the field regularly.

I feel it's a bit harsh to criticise him too much as he's only just back from a long term injury, also played to his strengths and you can't argue with that, only player to play well for 90 really. 54 + assist/74 passing success. Had 2 shots, would like to see him take more on but it's still early in his comeback and while he's creating goals i'm not too bothered by that.

His left foot cross took me by surprise for Rooney's 2nd. Everybody knows he is always going to push it onto his right foot yet defenders still cant get him lol

He was good all night I thought... He always plays well vs AsCole. Killed him in the community shield back in August. He has been missed but we've got him fresh now for a critical time of the season.

By the way, we had all 4 wingers on the pitch tonight... at times this season we've only had 1 on the pitch.

Yeah he did well at right back. Valencia made a couple of good challenges/interceptions.

From having to overplay Nani as the only winger in the squad (discounting Obertan and Bebe) to having 4 wingers on the pitch at the same time, what a difference it makes, especially when our game is all about wing play. But AV25 is amazing, to be able to come back from an injury like that so quickly and then back to match fitness looking like he was never away within a couple of games, shows his mental strength.

He's not scared to go 100% into a challenge either which is something you see from players who have suffered bad ankle injuries. Won a few 50/50s tonight. It helps when he's both physically and mentally strong. Great to have him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back