Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrible is harsh. In big games he is tactically an excellent selection. He offers width, the threat of counter attack and restricts opposition fullbacks. Clichy's attacking threat was minimal.

This is how I feel, especially the highlighted bit. Granted, he doesn't have the trickery of a Ronaldo and he doesn't have enough of an inside move, but his athleticism and rigid style of play gives us a great option. Sometimes his delivery is frustrating, but I actually thought his 'hammer' type crosses were good yesterday. After all, we did score from one!

I am like every other English fan who wants to see his winger beat the opposition full back when 1v1 but when you are playing away from home against quality opposition, sometimes it is just a better option to keep possession.

It was Rafael who pulled it back for Rooney's 2nd. But his crosses were clever and our crosses in general. City defence followed van Persie who moved towards goal, forever leaving Rooney unmarked who was always arriving late to the box.

It was Rafael who pulled it back for Rooney's 2nd. But his crosses were clever and our crosses in general. City defence followed van Persie who moved towards goal, forever leaving Rooney unmarked who was always arriving late to the box.

Sorry you are right; it was Rafael.

I thought he was poor again yesterday. It's got to the point where other players are overlapping to get balls into the box. Jones and Carrick on a few occasions did it yesterday. At one point Carrick ran about 20 yards to offer the overlap. Absolutely nothing worked for him yesterday. Running the ball out on a few occasions. Needs to find his confidence and soon.

Posted this in the Zaha thread - Manchester United transfer news: Antonio Valencia injury could force move for Wilfried Zaha - Mirror Online

Fergie is worried the Ecuadorian winger could break down at any moment while Nani is also on his way out

Antonio Valencia is giving Manchester United a fitness scare – with a mystery back injury that needs constant attention, writes the Sunday People.

The Ecuadorian star has been on painkillers for the past month and United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is worried that he could break down at any stage.

Valencia somehow started last week’s Manchester derby but his ailment has Old Trafford medical staff worried.

Valenica’s fitness is being closely monitored, with docs feeling his back injury may be caused by having one leg slightly shorter than the other. He already wears a ‘lift’ in the sole of one boot.

Valencia’s injury concern – and the likely departure next month of Nani – is making Ferguson’s move for Crystal Palace starlet Wilfried Zaha even more of a priority.

It could be the reason why his form has been below par this season.

Giggs had the same problem. He kept getting injured. They then figured out he had 1 leg shorter than the other. Why has he not suffered with it before now. Very strange. Hopefully they get it sorted shortly.

Very poor. He can be so frustrating when he just stops and slows down an attacking move.

Nani is and always has been the better player. Valencia is a joke at the moment, cant cross, cant beat a man and is always slowing the play down.

Both can be frustrating but Nani is probably more likely to turn a game out of nothing. I dont know what is going on with Nani and if he is leaving the club but if he is he needs replacing by a quality winger.

He frustrated me and I was only following the game through twitter. Playing won't help him if he's injured, needs rest.

Pretty woeful once again, he did put in one good cross though.

Should have been sent off for the challenge at the end. He could do with more rest I feel, probably wouldn't have played yesterday had Rooney, Young, Welbeck and Kagawa been available.

Thought we saw glimpses of the old Valencia in the second half. He's had one or two stinkers this season, but I personally don't think he's been as bad as what some believe. He's admittedly been frustrating at times though. His performances levels have obviously dropped, but his recent form is a slump in my opinion. Hopefully the issue is a confidence thing and we'll see the old Valencia in the second half of the season.

However badly Valencie plays at least you know you will get plenty of endeavour and help for his fullback.

Thought Valencia was okay. He was still occasionally frustrating, but there were further signs of improvement. His decision making/hesitancy is letting him down, which is likely to be confidence related. He did his part today.

Valencia seems to be undroppable, poor once again, he has no clue what to do with the ball so just smashes it and hopes for the best.

The only way we could rest him today was to either play RvP or Hernandez and play Welbeck or Kagawa wide. Did OK, can be a lot better. Nani's returning apparently, i'd rest Valencia then.

He was only on for a bit and still frustrating!

Can the real Tony V please stand up! please stand up! please stand up!

When his left footed crosses are better than his right ones you know it's bad

haha was just thinking about that. Nani seems to always have half a good season in him, so hopefully that'll happen again.

Valencia is my favorite player so it is hard for me to criticize him but...what is he doing? He has turned into Stewart bloody Downing

Valencia is having an average season by his standards, but he isn't the first and certainly won't be the last to have an underwhelming season. I am confident he will return to top form at some stage, it might not be this season, but he will come good.

Quite nice to think that van Persie has scored 20 goals this season with 3 wingers that have been pretty poor all season.

To be fair, Young he's been pretty decent for the last 4-6 weeks.

Yes to be fair he has done well but my point was that imagine what van Persie can do when the wingers get going, none of them have really got going in terms of creating chances. 7 assists in all comps between Valencia and Young, neither have scored either.

I like Valencia I do. He was as useful as a man off yesterday. If he worked in a normal job and the run of form he's having he'd be out the door in any other walk of life. The running at scaring of defenders from last season is a distant memory. I swear if you'd never seen him play before you would think he was Bebe lol.

Think the word decent is what is wrong with our wingers this season.

Nani and Valencia have underwhelmed this season, but I disagree about Young. He's been solid rather than spectacular, but he's done well since mid-to-late November. He's been involved with goals, formed a good partnership with Evra in both attack and defence and he's worked hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back