Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks a shade of the player he was before for me. Did alright today but he seems to be lacking a bit of confidence

Not sure if it's confidence or just a lack of ability to make him a step above. He's a good squad player but he needs to contribute more and soon. That goes for our other wingers also but I feel Tony V has been well below what he can do. He also frustrates the hell out of me.

Thought he did alright today, some poor decision making though and couldn't get his crosses in, much improved on his performances so far this season.

He should start on Wednesday allowing him to build on confidence and form

Looking at this season's statistics Valencia has a total of 7 assists, which is not bad considering only recently he's found any resembalance of form.

He has 8 actually, i've not updated the stats for the Wigan game yet.

Even more in form than Nani right now? He's picked up a number of assists recently in no time at all and even picked up a goal on the weekend, if he can add more goals to his game, we could have 2 class wingers on show which will be brilliant as we've often relied on one over the last few years. He has it in him, he has a brilliant shot on him, we saw it at Wigan and in the first half of his first season with us and we've seen it at times since. Would like to see more of it. He's playing right now like he was in 09-10, got his confidence back. He did start last season well if I remember correctly but that injury really knocked him. He came back very well though to be fair, took him a while to get into this season after having no pre-season because of another injury.

I was shouting at my tv, "go on the outside". He finally went on the outside and looked marginally better.

He must have heard you then.

He's no world beater, but agree with jsnfrmn_mufc in that he no longer profits from Scholes' vision. Valencia makes some good runs and gets himself into good spaces. Not always noticeable from the tele, even with Jamie Redknapp's expert punditry ;)

The team as a whole no longer profits from Scholes' vision. Confidence is a major factor in Valenica's recent form.

Even more in form than Nani right now?

Not for me. Nani has been exceptional in the last month especially against Fulham. Valencia has done well, still a way to go to be where he was.

What also has to be said is that Nani's form on the left has been very encouraging.

Brilliant today i thought, dominated Kolarov, crossing is getting better aswell.

Lethal when playing like this, Kolarov isn't the best defender mindbut it just goes to show that he has to play on the right wing and not right back. Cross for the goal was outstanding. Need to use him more.

Chicharito would have scored a few today with Valencia's tantalizing goal mouth crosses

Valencia was magnificent in the second half - he had the beating of his man every time.

Watching match of the day Valencia had a better half then I gave him credit for.

He is a bloody beast. Gives most LBs horrendous times. i have never seen anybody completely destroy ashley cole the way valencia does repeatedly either. he is amazing. Frightening that he does it all with just one foot! :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Fantastic again. He's on top form and when on top form he's possibly the best winger in the league. His productivity is top notch.

iDj1kAJeo0Nai.gif

Just seen Valencia's overall stat from the Arsenal. Bloody terrifying.

Goals: 1.
Assists: 1.
Passes: 24/25 (96%).
Chances created: 3.
Crosses: 4.
Take-ons: 5.
Tackles: 2/2 (100%).
Interceptions: 1.
Clearances: 1

Great all game great shot in the first half that hit the post

Great once again so much better than at the start of the season.

Any chance se7en that you can get a GIF of Valencia leaving the RB for dead near the end, that was hilarious.

No A Cole for Chelsea on Sunday, Valencia has always done well vs Cole, should do even better vs Bosingwa or whoever will be at LB.

Valencia has fired his agent. Apprently he doesn't need him as he plans to end his career at United. Brilliant news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back