Status
Not open for further replies.
Antonio Valencia on his injury comeback and career so far. MUTV tonight at 9pm.

Their left back will be having nightmares the next few nights.

It was men against boys today (even more so than our Arsenal semi 2 years ago). Valencia had the leftback in his pocket the whole game. Would love to see Obertan get a run out in the home leg against this lot.

It was men against boys today (even more so than our Arsenal semi 2 years ago). Valencia had the leftback in his pocket the whole game. Would love to see Obertan get a run out in the home leg against this lot.
I'd start Valencia against Schalke at Old Trafford then put Obertan on later. Just a thought!

He was getting past the full backs but thought some of his crossing was off tonight. We shouldn't treat the 2nd leg as another walkover. If it's anything like tonight we won't need to rest players anyway.

He was getting past the full backs but thought some of his crossing was off tonight. We shouldn't treat the 2nd leg as another walkover. If it's anything like tonight we won't need to rest players anyway.
You're right.

We're practically through anyway but we really have to start with our strongest team in my view and insure we get the job done hopefully early enough in the game.

Hence Valencia to start against Schalke at home.

Scoring and assisting. Top man, more of a 90 minute man than Nani, where as Nani is more of an impact player. If you know what I mean. More consistent over the 90, I think is what i'm looking for.

Ashley Cole was in Halfords yesterday looking for a Sat Nav with a European map on it, he still can't find Valencia.

How many games left for him to get his winners medal?

Another one of our most underrated. Next season, providing he stays injury free, may be the season he goes from very good to World Class. The impact he has made in the run in has been fantastic.

Let's hope we can sort out Tony V's contract!

Don't want Real Madrid sniffing about.

Fabio will get a medal aswell, Brown and Gibson will not.

Owen has got a medal in the bag. He said he did on twitter recently, also said he didn't think he deserved it as much as most. If I was in charge of the EPL, i'd make medals available for everyone and anyone that has played in that team. Even if you play one game, you have played your part. Michael deserves a medal.

He doesnt do enough step overs for Madrid to be interested
Can't remember where i read it/ or heard it but apparently Real have stood up and taken a genuine interest in Tony Valencia since his return from injury because basically he's been playing out of his skin for us.

Dear God let it be untrue! Don't want another Ronaldo saga!....aggggh!

I read that yesterday. Good read.

If you go through the whole squad, you could probably say that every single player is underrated, some more than others but they all are, even Rooney.

He's been sensational, and the way he played against Chelsea in the league has to be one of the performances of the season. Never seen Cole look so clueless what to do! he had to ask Ancelotti whether he can attack or not!! He seems to have come back from the injury a better player.

Rubbish, Abidal had him in his pocket, doesnt have enough tricks up his sleeve.

Rubbish, Abidal had him in his pocket, doesnt have enough tricks up his sleeve.

Bit harsh on him there mate? i agree he was our worst player on the pitch yesterday night, but he has shown how good he can be. example is his performance against Chelsea. Everyone has a few bad games, and unfortunately for us it came in the CL final. he earned the starting role yesterday, no doubting that. unseating Nani is no easy job.

Manchester United winger Antonio Valencia injured in Copa America clash - Goal.com

Manchester United wideman Antonio Valencia was forced off with an ankle injury at half-time in Ecuador’s goalless opening fixture of the Copa America against Paraguay.
The 25-year-old recently returned to action from a fracture to his left ankle in September of last year, and boss Sir Alex Ferguson will be concerned by the knock picked up by the former Wigan man to the same ankle.

Ecuador manager Reinaldo Rueda has called for his players to be afforded more protection by officials, and will likely be without Valencia for his side’s next fixture against Venezuela on Saturday.

"The referees must take care of this situation because it [the injury] happened in the first half and [Antonio] was no longer the same," Rueda said. "He could not stand or walk on it and we had to make a change.
“It's a shame because we all know the process he went through to be here.”

EFE reports that Valencia is currently not training with his team, however they are confident that he will be fit for the next game with little difficulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back