Louis van Gaal sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it official? The leak was the work of mendes, an utter cnut if there ever was one.

Well the club haven't denied anything... And you'd think the way this has taken off they would? The presence of an employment lawyer we used when we sacked Moyes says a lot. I guess the club want to "keep" quiet until they've informed the share holders?

It's all getting a little bit ugly now though. I can't stand LVG and good riddance to him but even I'm feeling sorry for him. This has been handled awfully since Saturday. It's tainted the success a bit because nobody is talking about that and the comms have been beyond a joke.

The club need to get this together because it happened under Moyes. Since Fergie left things really have come undone both on and off the pitch. Time someone took charge of this mess.

Hmm... True but I guess what else could they do? I think they approached Jose and he refused... He probably didn't want to be associated instantly with a failed season. He would have wanted a full transfer window to put in place his plans. So the option was Giggs or stick with LVG I guess?

Lot of rumours about the goings on behind the scenes.

"Few months too late" is true but there are possible reasons why the decision wasn't made then; did Mourinho want to join halfway through the season or did he want time to plan and take over this summer? Why wasn't Giggs given job on temporary basis? Maybe he didn't want it on temporary basis? Maybe club didn't want to change halfway through the season.

I don't have a lot of faith in them but I hope the people running the club know what they're doing even if it seems to me from the outside that they don't really.

Really hated how the rumours came out literally minutes after the cup final win. I know Van Gaal is not loved but that was in bad taste. I've got to be honest, I couldn't see him being sacked because of the cup final win, but I think it's good for all. LVG left with a trophy, I can't see an improvement since he came in but he has left a squad bundled with young talent, so the future is bright!

Due to being out, missed the post-match leak. I'd imagine that came from Mendes/Mourinho camp and not from the club. There were a couple of days where I thought maybe top 4 would see him keep his job, but most of the time I've thought he'd be gone regardless. We'll probably never know if top 4 would have kept his job unless Woodward reveals so. I'd like to think the decision was based on more than that, we could easily have got 4th despite playing some of the most dull performances we've ever seen from this club. I hope the bigger picture was looked at and not just the position we ended up in.

Classy statements from both. Seems announcement delayed at Van Gaal's request too so some backtracking occurring...

Liked Van Gaal and wish it would have been better, it became unbearable though. He really struggled against weaker sides and that was his downfall really. Did reasonably well in the bigger games, great results against rivals which Moyes could only dream of. Some good entertainment off the pitch too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back