Loftus Cheek wants starting role

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
England’s Ruben Loftus-Cheek wants bigger Chelsea role or may leave

It's hard to tell if he'll get what he wants with the undertainty over the manager if Conte stays and they stick with 3-5-2 then he fits if a new guy comes in playing 4-3-3 he has a change but if the new guy kind of wants a 2 man midfield then loftus-cheek has a problem as I think he's a bit like Pogba or Savic and only really works in a 3 man midfield setup.

Makes you wonder what's going on at Chelsea loaning him out and selling Chalobah and spending £50m on Drinkwater & Barkley who are no better and will be on a lot more money.

Man I tell you what... I know he's still got a long way to go and we don't necessarily need him but man i would love us to get RLC.

I'm not totally buying the hype with him yet needs to show it again next season but he looks a good player but my worry is the role he excels in might make him a good player for mid table teams but not quite good enough for the top teams. A bit of a Siggurdson if you will.

Can't see him getting games at Chelsea. They're not a club that gives young players a chance and stick by them. Managers are under pressure to deliver every season, so they can't take many risks and develop players, they need to play proven players to meet the demands. Even Mourinho with us, he's not known as a long term manager but you get the feeling he's not under that pressure to win every season and so there's a bit more leeway for him to give a young player like McTominay games as per club youth policy. I'd like to see more than just 1 a season mind. Mourinho's got a contract for another 2 seasons and unless we miss out on top 4 you'd think he'll get those 2 seasons, time other clubs like Chelsea don't give managers. Mourinho was criticised for not giving Loftus-Cheek games at Chelsea but I think he'd have played much more if the pair of them were at United at the that time, same for Lukaku, Salah and De Bruyne.

@JSNFRMN if the owner has cut the funding though maybe they will have to give youth a chance there's very little talk of any players coming into Chelsea this summer from the gossip columns I've seen, if anything it's players looking to leave Courtoius, Hazard, Moratta and even Kante have been linked with moves away.

With no CL football for the 2nd time in 3 seasons as well they probably can't afford to spend much money as they spent a fair wack last summer.

I get the impression with Chelsea that when managers come in they're promised one thing but in reality they get something different especially when it comes to control of transfers both Mourinho & Conte struggled in the season after winning the league because they felt the club didn't strengthen properly from a winning position and as they're both quite volatile personalities who are used to getting what they want it created a bad mood around the club.

He did pretty well yesterday. He's one hell of a big unit, defo something England hasn't had for a while

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back