Loan Watch 2021/22: Ethan Laird at Swansea City

boothstownred

I do like him. If ever United decided to go 3 at the back in the future they have the perfect wing backs in Laird and fernandez.

RichH2016

I'd like to see him push AWB next year to start. He looks a really good attacking full back which United need.

jsp

Just can't see us ever going to a back 3 with all the attacking players we have at our disposal and the fact we've got 2 really good centre backs.

Laird will need to show he can adapt his game to be a more orthodox right back.

The important thing for him this season is avoid the injuries that have dogged his career so far and just get the experience of playing in front of big crowds in a league where every point matters. Him already being in the side is a real positive too.

boothstownred

To be fair to him he has played his junior football as an orthodox attacking right back. I guess it is not his fault the team he is at play with wing backs, although he is suited to it. If he has the quality to play at the top level I would not see a problem with him playing as an orthodox fullback. Same applies to Alvaro Fernandez although I think he has a bit of work to do defensively.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now