Loan Watch 2020/21: Jesse Lingard at West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperRash

Starts tonight vs Aston Villa. Will be interesting to see if he can reignite his career.

Debut goal and looked the best player on the pitch. Really lively.

Keep pushing that transfer fee up Jesse.

Really hope this loan goes well and he finds himself a decent move in the summer.

He looked excellent tonight.

Like I said completely outshone everyone else on the pitch first half. I didn't watch the second when he grabbed his two goals.

I'd love him to smash it. His time at United is up but he could easily do a job for a top half prem team and isn't anywhere near as bad as people make out.

He looked excellent tonight.

Like I said completely outshone everyone else on the pitch first half. I didn't watch the second when he grabbed his two goals.

I'd love him to smash it. His time at United is up but he could easily do a job for a top half prem team and isn't anywhere near as bad as people make out.
Yeah he is a decent player but there came a point when whatever was going on his life affected his confidence and he never got it back. This move was the best thing for him and he has started like dynamite.

There's a lot of stuff about off field problems which the press don't report on as it's clearly personal stuff.

I know it was reported that his mum was quite sick at one point so he basically took over looking after the family as he's got younger siblings, he's also had his first child which wasn't with a women he had a long term relationship with. There may also been a bit to much of believing his own hype and attracting negative attention through some of his social media behaviour but even that seems to be behind him.

Basically footballers are mostly normal people your outside life impacts your work life not everyone can put up this barrier that seperates the two maybe the very best players can. We look at kids in their mid 20's like they're middle aged men in terms of maturity.

Lingard gave us some fantastic moments through some tough spells the Van Gaal and Mourinho years he provided killer moments that got us out of our seats for some big wins and that shouldn't be forgetten.

Lingard always seemed to show up in the big games. I like him as a player.

Lionel Lingard is back. Another goal for him against Spurs.

This move has breathed life into his career, very happy for him. WHU are doing awesome this season, I guess Moyes was due a decent spell somewhere!

Keep driving up that price tag Jesse.

Good to see him back at his best and playing again still believe his future is away from Utd.

Suggestions we could use him as part of a deal for Rice. I'm not massively enthusiastic about signing Rice but could be a lot of sense to a deal involving Lingard and cash with him seemingly settled in and happy.

Looks like the players love him there. All joining in with his dance moves.

I like what I see from Rice but I don't watch him anywhere near enough to say what he is or isn't worth I think he's probably a player you need to see in the flesh to really judge how good he is. He seems to impress all the right people though and Utd need to strengthen their midfield options this summer. However, he is West Ham's golden goose so they're going to want crazy money from him if they do sell so having a bit of leverage wouldn't hurt.

West Ham would be a great move for Lingard if they can afford him and Utd should be looking at a healthy fee if he continues this form suddenly he's a £30m rated player whereas a few weeks ago you'd be talking about half of that.

Think Lingard has always been a good guy everyone around the club seemed to like him he was maybe just a bit immature at times especially on social media but he seems to have grown up a bit and he's showing his talents on the pitch which is great to see.

I like Rice a lot, great little player, can defend and is pretty good going forward, passing. I'd take that deal.

Yeah just think price will be an issue think he's on a long contract so will he be worth £70-80m it would take to buy him?

Bit like the issue Maguire has at that price you basically need to be "best in the league" standard is Rice that level of player?

I think he's a massive improvent on Fred, and Matic now. If Pogba goes, I can see him and Mctom being a real decent pair.

Yeah but the price will be the stick he's battered with as he's going to cost a lot of money so he'd need to come straight in and basically have every Utd fan agreeing that he's the best CM we've had since Carrick and that he is in fact as good as Carrick in his prime.

This is where Maguire has had problems carrying the price tag as did Pogba and Lukaku before them.

It's like Bruno no one ever mentions how much Bruno cost because he delivers in fact I couldn't tell you if it was £50,60,70 or 80m because whatever it was it was worth it we've never had to have the debate over his price. Bruno is the best number 10 we've had since Rooney and dare I say he's on the sort of level Rooney was in his prime in that position.

it's a gamble for sure. But I guess every player is a gamble. I don't think I'd like to pay 80m for him. I guess he should be around the 50m mark. 40m plus Lingard

To hark back on Maguire, we don't know what's going on, but I'm hoping his form is due the case in Greece and is not permanent.

Bruno's impact is similar to Cantona, unfortunately for him he's not the final piece, whereas Cantona was.

West Ham apparently expect to have to pay £25m to get the Lingard deal over the line in the summer. Reports are they want £80m for Rice. So you'd be looking at £55m plus Lingard.

He'd probably improve the team but get hammered for not being as people thought.

Though not hard to come in and improve on Fred. Even if he did cost us £50m.

I might go 50m plus Lingard.

It's a position we will need to strengthen, no one really jumps out in that role. I'd rather him over Maddison. There is Grealish I suppose, not quite the same role though. I see Rice more as a defensive midfielder, who can get forward.

It's going to be another fun, and probably disappointing summer :D

Can we throw Fred in the deal too :rolleyes:

This is the thing so before Covid £80m is getting you pretty much any centre mid around for example Frankie De Jong widely tipped at the time as the best young CM in Europe with proven pedigree in the CL and international level he went for that sort of money and everyone said yeah that's about right.

Rice at £80m would make him one of the most expensive players of all time and given everyone has just had their cash reserves emptied by Covid it just isn't a price anyone can be expected to get for him. I mean we paid £40m for VDB last summer if you're being realistic a player of Rice's unproven ability is surely much closer to the £40m bracket than the £80m one but this is football and transfer fees have never made any real sense.

He's got a contract that runs to 2024 with a 1 year option so Utd have very little leverage to force a sale.

To me £25m plus Lingard should be enough to get a deal done but West Ham will want way more than that.

I guess Grealish is injured too, is Madison still out?

That's another £5m on the price.

Yeah Southgate said injuries have opened the door for him Grealish, Maddison and Sancho are all injured.

He's a prat but I am still pleased for him to be back in an England shirt

I'm not so sure, that header that CL blasted over, and the outside of the boot cross im saying were terrible shots that looked like crosses. Him and Sterling are just after scoring.

He's a prat but I am still pleased for him to be back in an England shirt
Yeah it’s been quite a turnaround for him. When he was languishing on the fringes for us at the start of the season I didn’t think we would see him in an England shirt again. Fair play to him, he looks to be really enjoyable his football again and from what I hear played well last night.

Fair play to him, he looks to be really enjoyable his football again and from what I hear played well last night.
He did play with a smile on his face and his attitude was good. He worked hard. Made some good runs and decent balls into the box, but he also fluffed a number of decent chances.

Who'd he replace in our team?

He's not good enough for where we want to be.

He needs selling, I thought some of his decision making last night was poor

And lets not forget it was a team of part timers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back