Loan Watch 2020/21: Jesse Lingard at West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean there is zero point in judging his performance against San Marino.

His performances for West Ham should get a lot of clubs interested in him I agree it's time for him to be moved on permanently and Utd should expect a reasonably good fee for him.

Any team in that middle chunk of the table could do with a player like Lingard even Leicester might be tempted by him and what he offers and Utd should be able to get a decent fee for him that can go towards replacements.

There is a chance he comes back we are really short in attacking areas and if he's finally got himself back in the groove he might be useful to Ole as he's still a better player than Dan James and Mata will leave this summer when his contract expires. Cavani looks like he's off too so Utd are short of attacking players so they might have to give him a new deal and give him another chance.

He did play with a smile on his face and his attitude was good. He worked hard. Made some good runs and decent balls into the box, but he also fluffed a number of decent chances.

Who'd he replace in our team?
On current form he’s better than James and like jsp said we will be losing a couple of attacking players you would imagine, so again for squad depth I think he’d be worth having back. He just needed some confidence back and he’s got it. An off form Lingard is horrible but an on form Lingard definitely has his merits.

I also think Ole would trust Lingard more than DVB. Despite sending him out on loan.

Think the bit that remains tricky is his contract he's only got 12 months left so if he stays he has to sign a new one and what are Utd going to want to offer him.

He's at the age now where it's the last big deal so he's probably thinking a 4 or 5 year contract if we only want him as a stop gap in the rebuild can we afford to give him that deal and risk not being able to move him in 12 months?

It's another excellent goal from him tonight. Loving the re-emergence of Lionel Lingard.

I wish him all the best and give him full credit. Still see him as one we need to move on from though.
Surely wouldnt be a bad thing for all concerned if he stayed and went on to have really good career with West Ham.

Seems to have totally come back to life like it’s 2017/18 again.

I love Lingard and he's got a couple of wembley goals. But for me I just think every goal adds another million on to the fee they give us. Can't see him coming back.

But if we could get £25-£30m for him it's a lot more than I thought we'd get last summer.

He has talent but not the required mentality or mental strength to be a success for a club like United.

Think that ties it up for West Ham, more glory for Lingard. I really am pleased for Moyes. Top 4 please!

That's 6 goals 3 assist in 8 appearances.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Whatch it again though. You really do need to laugh at Wolves defence

Yeah. Wouldn't surprise me if it gets goal of the season though.

Reminds me of that Son Goal that won it last year. 60 yard run and finish sounds amazing. But literally not one challenge put in.

Lingard thrives on space which is something he doesn’t get a lot of when he plays for Utd as teams sit off us.

I think there’s a chance he comes back Utd are short of options in attacking areas but he should be sold to fund reinforcements.

Just put him in my Fantasy Football - his form will probably dive bomb now!

sounds like we want 30m, so is that a Rice deal in the pipeline?

Wont be long before he gets carried away again and starts trying to punt his clobber in Carnaby Street

And another lovely goal. In a big game too against Leicester

Can anyone think of another loan player that's gone out and had this much impact?

He's the top performer in the league since joining them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back