Loan Watch 2019/20: Alexis Sanchez at Inter Milan

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Dislocated his ankle will be out for a few months.

Can’t see inter making this deal permanent if I’m totally honest always felt it was unlikely but this injury won’t help things hopefully they haven’t got a break clause to send him back in January.

Feel sorry for him his body has started to give up on him injuries are piling up club is just stuck with him get him off to China or MLS ASAP just get the wages off the book.

Not sure what he’s on about there he’s only just got back so it’s not like he’s going to be 100%.

He never really looked fit at Utd we need him to have a good 6 months if we stand any chance of moving him on in the summer.

I doubt he will be here next season but Utd will certainly be making a big contribution to his wages next season he's on so much money that until that contract runs out we'll just keep loaning him to other clubs. Apparently this season we're paying 50% of his wages next season it'll probably be 66% unless he has a belting second half of the season.

Think they're making a clickbait headline out of a joke with this one I've seen the video and he's basically said it with a smile and a wink rather than a serious statement.

He is getting caught out in the media a bit to much for my liking at the moment though.

I don't think Ole wants him back at all. He just knows no-one wants him so has to appear that we do.

I don't think Ole wants him anywhere near the club but he obviously can't say that.

He's going to be a massive problem this summer because I just don't see where he goes unless he's prepared to just give up and go on a bit of a world tour. Utd just have to accept that we are picking up at least 50% of his wages until that contract expires but my guess is they'll take any offers to just have him somewhere else as Ole won't want him in the dressing room bit out of sight out of mind.

Marotta says Inter are also working on an extension for on-loan Manchester United and Chile forward Alexis Sanchez, 31, but talks are proving difficult.

My guess is talks are proving difficult because Inter want to pay a reduced rate for keeping him for the rest of the season.

Utd probably want them to commit to taking him next season as well as part of the deal.

According to the latest rounds on twitter a permanent deal has been agreed with Inter for 15m euro.

Be so glad to see the back of him it was nothing personal it just didn't work out he tried his best but think he was the right player at the wrong time the time to get Sanchez was when he left Barca those 4 years at Arsenal took a heavy toll on him.

Just eluded to this on the Sancho thread somewhat, be a great week for united if we can get Sancho in and sort a deal for Sanchez departing the club.

Like you say, didn't really have anything against the guy, but it really didnt work out and so if he has recaptured his love for the game in an easier league in italy then so be it, massive wages off our hands if the deal is done correctly.

Just eluded to this on the Sancho thread somewhat, be a great week for united if we can get Sancho in and sort a deal for Sanchez departing the club.

Like you say, didn't really have anything against the guy, but it really didnt work out and so if he has recaptured his love for the game in an easier league in italy then so be it, massive wages off our hands if the deal is done correctly.

Wouldn't be surprised to hear that all or a big chunk of the 15m euro fee goes to Sanchez as a pay off Utd must be desperate to get that contract off the books and surely Inter won't be matching his current terms.

Not sure it's an easier league but being in a more dominant team and playing in a front 2 rather than from the wing probably helps him a lot as he's not that rampaging winger he was in his prime.

Falcao, Schweinsteiger, Ibra (to a lesser extent), and Alexis: it could have been so beautiful.

Yeah if we had a time machine some very washed up players got some big old pay days for doing very little... Ibra excluded obviously.

Sanchez deal is a free transfer no payout from Utd so we just got some big wedge off the wage bill

Seems like Ducker has just picked a figure from the air? Thought it was more like £350k a week and not £560k?

Nevertheless the move didn’t work out and best he’s off the wage bill. Sounds like after lockdown he was in good form for Inter so best for all parties he’ll be off.

GONE! Don't care how much he was on, he was a terrible signing and I'm glad to see the back of him.

The £560,000-per-week nightmare is FINALLY over: Alexis Sanchez's United exit is confirmed as Inter Milan hand flop a three-year deal... but there's no piano unveiling video this time!

Swear they increase his wages every time they report them gone from £300k a week to £560k a week.

Glad he's gone nothing against him it just didn't work out and the idiots who signed off that contract should be following him out the door as well.

It's easy to forget how dreadful a deal Mkhitaryan was for Arsenal going the other way both clubs had their pants royally pulled down on that deal.

Real shame it didn't work out but my thoughts are he had his head set on a City move. I always thought he would be the answer to our long standing RF issue... oh yes, the one we still have !

Real shame it didn't work out but my thoughts are he had his head set on a City move. I always thought he would be the answer to our long standing RF issue... oh yes, the one we still have !

I thought he was a mistake from day one as he wasn't a right winger at Arsenal he'd played left wing and then latterly centre forward. We already had 2 good developing left wingers in Rashford/Martial and Lukaku at centre forward.

I just think physically he was burned out he'd had 4 years at Arsenal playing international games every summer with no break and he'd lost a bit of his burst of speed and endurance which is why they'd put him as a striker rather than a winger.

He was signed as a publicity stunt and his agents absolutely pulled Utd's pants down there's no way he'd have ever got those wages at City not in a million years for that money you need to be banging 50 goals a season and he was never going to do that. The money he got was Neymar, Messi or Ronaldo money.

Just glad we've managed to get him out the door and cut our loses I hope he does well at Inter as none of this was his fault.

No way he was on £560k a week surely? There has been so many figures banded about but I reckon he was on about £350k a week.

Anywhoo best he was out of here, it’s a move that never worked out. Sounds like he’s done alright at Inter so hope it works out well for him.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back