Loan Watch 2017/2018: Axel Tuanzebe at Aston Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Good move. He's a player of high potential and for a young player is already a very good leader. I'm not John Terry's biggest fan but i'm sure he'll learn a fair bit from him and perhaps Jose had that in mind and has maybe been in contact with Terry to work with him.

Concerned over playing time Villa clearly got him in for squad depth not starting XI as they’ve already got one of the best defences in the division and all the players are experienced players Hutton, Chester, Terry, El Mouhamidi all played in prem so to get games he needs injuries.

Like you say jsp, Villa have one of the most experienced defences in the league, they are not just gonna break that up for an on loan rookie. I guess he’ll replace De Laet in the squad who has moved back to Belgium. Hopefully he’ll get a fair amount of games but it is dependent on Bruce breaking up the defence or maybe getting injuries like has been mentioned.

To be honest with his talent I think he is a huge upgrade on the likes of Hutton and even Chester as good as they have been, might take him a few weeks but I can see him establishing himself at either RB or CB, more likely RB as lets be honest Hutton aint all that to say the least, once he gets his chance I can't see him being dislodged.

To be honest with his talent I think he is a huge upgrade on the likes of Hutton and even Chester as good as they have been, might take him a few weeks but I can see him establishing himself at either RB or CB, more likely RB as lets be honest Hutton aint all that to say the least, once he gets his chance I can't see him being dislodged.

Can't say I've watched Villa much but Chester I think is good enough to play for a mid table Prem side as is Hutton and that back 4 is one of the best in the division and they're a side in good form.

I can't see him breaking his team up for a loan player he's there as security in case they get injuries now if someone is injured or gets a suspension Axel has to take his chance if he comes in and plays well he might stay in the team but these loan kids especially defenders are rarely trusted by mangers.

From the looks of the starting line up he played on the right of a back 3 or possibly even at wing back hard to tell from the video but he was given MOTM 8/10 in the local paper which for a 2-0 loss is pretty impressive.

Love this lad, hopefully gets a starting place for rest of the season in a good Villa side fighting for promotion, do him the world of good, if he gets going, he will take some shifting from that starting 11.

Played at RB vs Fulham to deal with Ryan Sessegnon. Sessegnon had to swap sides because he was getting no joy against Tuanzebe.

Started at RB again last night and came in for a lot of criticism but Villa fans were understanding that he isn't a RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back