Loan Watch 2016/17: Cameron Borthwick-Jackson at Wolverhampton Wanderers

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

While this is good news for CBJ, he will undoubtedly benefit from a full season at Wolves, this seems to suggest that Rojo is staying here as cover. :( But think Wolves are gonna have a top season so this will be a good deal for all involved.

Ridiculous decision if you ask me.

Why on earth would you loan him out when last year he showed he can be relied upon?!

I know he's unlikely to see much time due to Shaw being fit but he's a really good back up to have and certainly better than Rojo. I mean I can't even understand why or how Rojo is still at the club.

Good news for the lad. A loan is the right move to aid his development. He will benefit from regular first team football, which he will not get at United this season.

Rojo will only play a handful of games if Shaw remains injury free.

We have plenty of options back there. Blind can fill in there, even Darmian can and to be honest if Shaw is fit then he'll be playing 90% of games in all competitions. I think it's a fair decision, him and Wilson will both benefit for years away. Also I hope Pereira gets a loan but hopefully for a lower level EPL club.

I don't think Wilson will be coming back to tell the truth but we'll see.

And I guess the other thing is will CBJ?! I don't see long term how he can really as he's unlikely to oust Shaw... Unless long term he's going to play more at CB?

Mourinho: "I like Cameron Borthwick-Jackson very much but he will go to Wolverhampton to play [on loan] because I have Luke Shaw, Marcos Rojo and Daley Blind to play left-back. These are the kind of decisions every club makes.

Mourinho: "I like Cameron Borthwick-Jackson very much but he will go to Wolverhampton to play [on loan] because I have Luke Shaw, Marcos Rojo and Daley Blind to play left-back. These are the kind of decisions every club makes.

Jesus... Rojo really?! Not good Jose not good!

United are set to recall Borthwick-Jackson after a lack of game-time at Wolves, according to the Daily Mail.

Just been looking at our players out on loan. Borthwick Jackson has 7 appearances for Wolves this season. Pointless loan if we're going to let our players go out on loan we have to make sure they're playing. Thats a year of his development wasted.

Just been looking at our players out on loan. Borthwick Jackson has 7 appearances for Wolves this season. Pointless loan if we're going to let our players go out on loan we have to make sure they're playing. Thats a year of his development wasted.

I honestly thought he came back in January but for some reason he's staying at Wolves might be because there was no recall clause in the deal that allowed him to come back in January.

Wolves sacked their manager in November and CBJ was in the team playing well Paul Lambert came in decided he didn't fancy him and he hasn't played since he's not even been given a chance so it's been a waste for him given our issues at LB he might have actually got a game in our first team had he came back I was impressed by him he reminds me a bit of Alonso at Chelsea he put in some excellant crosses from wide areas last season.

He'll probably get loaned out next season again hopefully to a club where he'll actually play the games he needs to develop.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back