Loan Watch 2016/17: Andreas Pereira at Granada

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Will be interesting to see what position he plays in. If i'm honest i'd have preferred to have seen him stay in England.

Will be interesting to see what position he plays in. If i'm honest i'd have preferred to have seen him stay in England.

Couldn't agree more... He's a good player and would have benefitted from staying in England but there you go. To me this says the club or Jose don't think he's going to make it as a United player.

Looked like a good cameo. I'd like to see him play as an 8 rather that as an attacking midfielder. I feel his best chance of making it at United would be in that role, potentially as a back up/alternative to Pogba.

Perhaps though he's a very different player to Pogba. He's more of a silky runner and a player who looks to pick out clever passes. He doesn't have the legs or size of Pogba. But yeah that doesn't mean he couldn't be a very good number 8 in a different way.

Assist.

Those who've watched say he's pretty much been the one bright spark in a pretty poor team. Probably says a lot about his ability that he's still able to perform in a poor team.

Those who've watched say he's pretty much been the one bright spark in a pretty poor team. Probably says a lot about his ability that he's still able to perform in a poor team.

It certainly could say that but it could also be a sign that he's going to be a player who shines in a poor team? But when he's just a "ordinary" player amongst a team of stars then he kind of hides away.

La Liga: Granada 2-0 Sevilla - 2rd December 2016

Interesting that there's talks of him coming back to United, think we have plenty of options in attack, even if 1 or 2 go out. Can't see where Pereira really fits in. If he does return, it may be just to go out on loan to another club.

Played in midfield.

Could/should he be an option in midfield next season?

La Liga: Granada 1-0 Las Palmas - 6th February 2017

I really like him and it'd be disappointing to lose him, think we need to find a way to get him in an overcrowded squad. Mourinho likes a hard working attacking midfielder too.

Going to be tough for him to break through as we have a lot of options in those wide/number 10 positions and they're all guys who are unlikely to leave this summer. Martial, Rashford, Lingard, Mata, Mhiki are the attacking midfielder options you obviously assume Rooney will be leaving but there will probably be a striker coming in the summer so competition is fierce in these positions but the benefit he has is a lot of these guys aren't putting up the numbers if he can get a chance and score goals/create chances I don't think Mourinho has a problem putting youngster in. However, they have to deliver straight away you won't get 10 games to ease into it you need to make a pretty instant impact in a Mourinho side.

We also have Januzaj to come back who's a similar type of player my personal opinion is that he will probably be sold this summer and I think it's likely that Periera will go out on loan again hopefully this time to a club in England either in the PL or Championship.

He got a bit stitched up in the summer he was due to go to Fulham on loan but they have a stats analysis department who blocked the move at the last minute because his numbers didn't add up despite the manager wanting him so he kind of got farmed to Grenada at the last minute they're a poor side in La Liga but the reports that I read are that his talent stands out and he's scored a couple of nice goals as well.

Would love for Mourinho to give him a chance next season, if he's not going to play though may as well go on loan again but has shown he can hold his own against the best midfielders in the world this season and think he could do it in the Prem.

I think it is worth giving a squad place next season. He was about the only player from the infamous mk dons game that came out with credit. One of the better loan periods i think.

Yeah seems to have gone well this loan spell, a lot don't. Showed last summer what he's about, Mourinho seemed impressed, gone away and played well for a struggling La Liga team. He's got a year of first team experience behind him now and hopefully that'll help his chances.

Keep him give him league cup and European group games to show what he can do if he's not getting enough matches can always go on loan in January for 2nd half of season.

It's a huge step up for a player though Mourinho has shown you might only get 1 or 2 chances to prove you can do it

Tony Adams appointed Granada manager :eek:

That one is so far beyond left field I don't even know where to start.

Not sure what our talented kids are learning at these relegation fodder clubs our loan policy needs some better planning next season. He's played a lot of football by not sure Granada, Sunderland (januzaj) & Wolves (borthwick-Jackson) are clubs you want to be loaning players to.

Wilson was also struggling on loan this season before his injury not been the best season for Utd loan players

I agree about the loaning players out but it's not easy to find a club where you know your player is gonna get games. You have to find the right club and sometimes the relegation fighting clubs are the best bet. Pereira has actually looked decent so don't think it's been an awful move, think he'll come back here a better player after getting a full season in the bank.

Think we need to look at building relationships with clubs lower down. We had a decent arrangement with Sunderland for a while Evans & Welbeck had good loan moves there.

Problem is with rule changes you can't recall players as easily when a manager gets sacked loan deals are either Aug-Jan or full season now.

Fergie' old boys network probably helped with this not sure Mourinho has that sort of network and it's probably something Nicky Butt needs to be working on finding the right clubs to take our young players on loan

Pulis seems to be Mourinho's closest ally these days. West Brom probably a good place to start if there's gonna be a link; Fletcher, Evans, Chester and Foster there too.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back