Loan Watch (2012-13): Joshua King at Blackburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSNFRMN

Google Translate

It gets TV 2 Sport confirmed from sources in England on Wednesday. The loan limit for English clubs expires tomorrow Thursday.

Only the details remain before Blackburn's owners approve the switch from Manchester United to Blackburn. The length of the rental agreement are not known. The contract is likely to be finalized later this afternoon.

Edit: Would now seem the move will become permanent in January. Loan until then. Best of luck to him. Would have been nice to have given him the chances Macheda had in my opinion.

Good, should have been loaned at the start of the season

To be to Macheda he hasn't really been given a chance either. He's only had 5 Premier League starts.

Surprised he's had that many to be honest. He's played considerably more than other players in his age group with the exception of Welbeck and has failed to impress for a couple of years now, you're not going to play lots of games when every time you do your almost useless.

A player is going to struggle if they only feature once every 10-15 games.

Has King's form warranted involvement?

You can struggle but Macheda has looked completely out of his depth a lot of the time, if he had impressed he would have been involved in more games. Last night was a snap shot of the last 3 years of Macheda's career here, head down and dribble aimlessly into a defender, technically and physically he's sound but he doesn't have a footballing brain. I don't think Kings form has been worse than Macheda's.

Macheda hasn't been great, there's no denying that, but he's had horrid luck in recent seasons and has barely featured for us anyway, so I don't understand how King could have been given the same chances as Macheda. King (the same can be said of Macheda) has done little to warrant inclusion in my opinion. His finishing for a forward is below average and he lacks a football brain.

Yeah he's had horrid luck with loans and stuff but he's still made over 30 appearances for us, probably around half have been as sub but if he was ever going to make it here he would have showed something in one of those games, which barring his debut I don't think he has. In my opinion King or some of the other youngsters should of played in Macheda's stead, Fergie continually giving Macheda games is flogging a dead horse and has been for over a year.

Doesn't help that when these players come in it's not with the likes of Rooney etc.

Macheda has only made two starts and six sub appearances in the last two seasons. I wouldn't say that's Fergie flogging a dead horse. Loan spells need to be remembered. At the start of 2010/11 season King joined Preston on a three month loan, at the start of the 2011-12 season he joined Monchengladbach on a season long loan, which was curtailed midway through the season and in January 2012 he joined Hull for the remainder of the season. So King's availability for selection has been limited. Which other youngsters deserved starts instead of Macheda?

I'm not saying King would have made it, I don't think he's good enough but it would have been nice to have seen him get more chances. For me, he's been outstanding when i've seen him for the U21s despite only scoring once, which is what's probably let him down really.

I don't think any of the U21s midfielders or forwards have been particularly impressive this season, with the exception of Powell. The quality of football has been low. I've preferred watching the U18s this season.

Opportunities are unfortunately going to be limited for young forwards given our strength the depth in the position.

Came on for 35 mins today, Blackburn lost 2-0 at home to Millwall though.

It finished 4-1 to Cardiff. Didn't see the game, but wanted to watch to see how King would do, so not sure what his goal was like.

Here's the goal
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Scored the first goal in Blackburns 3-1 win away at Barnsley. Substituted in the 90th minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back