Loan Move For Amos

Manchester United youngster Ben Amos has confirmed he would be interested in leaving the club on loan to bolster first-team experience.

The 20-year-old made just his third start in United's 1-1 draw against Valencia in UEFA Champions League action on Tuesday.

Amos is keen to play as many games as possible but with competition for places fierce at Old Trafford he knows a loan could be his best option.

Edwin van der Sar is the club's No.1, while back-up Tomasz Kuszczak will be joined by new signing Anders Lindegaard in January.

Amos is looking to get a run of games under his belt and believes following in the footsteps of the likes of Ben Foster will only boost his career in the long run.
Experience

"It is crucial for a young goalkeeper to get a good run of games," said Amos. "That is how you get experience.

"The only way of doing that is by going out and playing regularly somewhere. If it means me going out on loan somewhere, that might be great.

"I don't know what is going to happen with Tomasz or any other goalkeeper at the club. But, if I am being honest, a loan move is something I would like.

"I would benefit a lot from it. Now that we are out of the Carling Cup there are fewer opportunities for me to play anyway and it could be just the thing to take me to the next level."

Sky Sports | Football | Transfer Centre | Speculation | Amos keen on loan switch

I don't think he can be our #1 but I think it's too early to tell completely, a loan would help him gain experience and develop as a player, also gives United a chance to see if he's good enough to stay at United.

That would be good for him. Kicking practice wouldnt hurt either.

ti think he can be a good no. 2 GK for us in a few years, the thing about loaning him out is that most clubs already have settled no. 1 GK's, so need an Injury for him to get game time

Johnstone could be our 3rd choice keeper next season then. Amos will be better off going on loan than playing reserve football all season, reserve football might not even exist next season the way it's going.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back