Liverpool's Changing Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scholesy18

There are some big moves that look like they are about to come off for Liverpool.They have given Mascherano the permission to speak with Inter,admitting they asked him last year to stick around for one more season and then he could go.The likelihood of Torres leaving is now looking very likely with Hodgson saying that Torres has a beef with the club and he doesn't think he can repair it.Chelsea has been rumored to be interested all summer and if nothing else Citeh will buy him, they can't offer CL,but they offer the same as Liverpool and probably twice the pay.

So with those 2 leaving, generating (based on rumored amounts) 25mil and 50-60 respectively, do you believe Liverpool will be a weaker team or can spend that money on 3 or 4 quality players and go from having 3 quality players and a largely average squad,to a more balanced one.

Throw in flogging some dead wood like Insua,Ngog,Babel,Degen,which are all rumored to be out.

Personally I never rated Mascherano, people criticized Van Bommel a lot during the WC and Mascherano is very similar in that he is just a player that gets away with fouls. If they can get 25 mil for him they are laughing.

Torres is arguably one of the best players in the league, a real game winner. One of the major problems with him is injuries, so is it worth having a half a player (in that he is only available half the time) or replace him with 2 or 3 quality players.

Personally I thought they would have been better off selling Gerrard. If they could have got the money rumored with Real at his age, based on his last season it would be one of the best deals the league has saw. Gerrard on his day is still one of the best midfielders in the league, however his day only comes when its convenient to him, half the time when they are playing smaller teams he looks like he can't be arsed, and by looking at some of our recent success it shows beating the smaller teams makes the difference in the end. He is such a symbol of Liverpool too that I think they rely on him too much and without him some other players would be able to come out from his shadows and the team as a whole could be stronger.

I think Cole is a good signing for them, I stand by not wanting him, but I think he will suit Liverpool better then he would have United. If he can stay fit he could be a solid member of the team, if he can stay fit.

Gerrard on Joe Cole: "Messi can do some amazing things, but anything he can do Joe can do as well, if not better." :lol:

He's set Joe up for a fall. Raising bin dippers expectations of him. Because everything Stevie G says is true.

Cole as good as Messi? Ha ha with these sort of comments you can see why Gerreard has stayed with liverpool for all these years. He hasn't got a clue!! Lol

Not seen too much of Poulsen so I can't say but Mascherano the player is a top class player. What i've heard of Poulsen, they've got a bargain.

JSNFRMN_MUFC said:
Not seen too much of Poulsen so I can't say but Mascherano the player is a top class player. What i've heard of Poulsen, they've got a bargain.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

£40m on an injury prone midfielder and a RB that can't defend. Great buys Rafa. Everyone knew that Aquilani wouldn't play much.

Even during the Rafa regime... I can't remember the last time Liverpool have played this badly.

Literally dominated in every single way.

The 4-4-2 isn't working and their midfield is getting destroyed so and I'm very surprised Why has not changed things around

tough times ahead for Liverpool especially with Mascherano possibly leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back