Liverpool vs City

IDFD

Time and time again I’ve heard people on this forum bang on about how well Liverpool and City play football.

We probably saw what will be the worst game of the season played out between those two sides today. Both scared to attack both making no effort to. The game finished with 4 shots on target the first coming in the 61st minute.

My question is would you be happy to see United perform like either of those two did today?

It can happen when two attacking sides come together, they try to cancel each other out because of the attacking threat and in the end it turns into a dour game. It happened many times in Fergie’s era when we were playing someone like Arsenal.

They both still play good football and one game where one team nullifies the other won’t change that.

jsp

They're both quality football teams didn't see the game yesterday but sounds like they cancelled each other out a bit from the reports I read.

Liverpool this season have tightened up defensively but may are missing that bit of spark and creativity that Countinho would bring in midfield and the front 3 are struggling to get to the level they were at last season but they're now a team that can win playing badly. Attacks win matches defences win titles used to be the saying... mainly by ex defenders but there's some logic to it normally the team with the best defence wins the league.

City are just an incredible side but Anfield has been a problem for them for years so they'll probably be happy with the 0-0 although missing a late penalty will be gutting for them. It's a sign of respect to Liverpool that they were cautious against them. Teams are afraid of them right now we've had West Ham & Newcastle go straight for our throats from the first minutes teams don't do that vs City, Liverpool or Chelsea this season.

If we were in the title race going away to our competitors stink it up all day if it gets the result we need to against the rest of the league I expect a team that wants to dominate the opposition home and away and dictate the game scoring plenty of goals.

IDFD

I just find it amusing how Pep is being praised for his tactical masterclass in not fallen in to Liverpool’s traps and allowing the front 3 the space they needed. Neither side showed any attacking ambition and both are getting praised for what were two very poor performances. Salah and Aguero didn’t turn up. David Silva was passing balls off the pitch. Van Dijk gave away the pen Lovren should have given away another 2 and somehow both teams and sets of players are getting praised for what was a terrible game.