Liverpool 2020/21 Discussion

wait until he finds the City thread.

Missed the end but a totally crackers game with some belting goals by both sides.

Hey, I have to look at your terrible music videos in the music thread, you can deal with hearing about Liverpool.
Dont hey me, most of you lot on here wanted the season to be made null and void so Liverpool could not be crowned champions, I didnt and considered it very unsporting. Now you want to be having Liverpool Discussion Threads?
Careful, its only a matter of time before some of you start talking a bit too fondly!
I shall use Cosmic Slop's saying to summarise. F*** em

Leeds were good by all accounts, and Liverpool letting in 3. That's not a great start

Liverpool looked sloppy after the restart but Leeds really went for them as you'd expect they won't sit deep and try and win 1-0 they're going to go full throttle at everyone this season and I think it rattled Liverpool but luckily for them Leeds look awful at the back.

Would have been nice to see them drop some early points but they have that annoying knack we had all those years ago of just scraping the win.

About to sign Jota from Wolves for £35m. Yeah it’s a step up for him but a strange one at the same time, not sure he’s displacing anyone of Mane, Salah or Firmino. Obviously one criticism of Firmino is that he doesn’t score enough but his general play is integral to how they play. I guess Jota could be considered a real challenge to him as he does score lots of goals as well contribute to the team as a whole.

Its about depth and options for them though? They are in the position to add one or two players to freshen things up and give them something a little different.

Makes you wonder why they were so desperate to furlough non playing staff 5 months ago.

Unless there’s a big sale coming to balance those books this is a club that wanted to save money using the public purse then bang out 50m on players a few months later. History should not forget that.

I took the 11/2 on Villa because I was angry at United. But best thing about it is we do first goal scorer in the pub. I got Watkins. £10 a man £80 to the winner and we rolled it over every time.

Fair to say it’s been a very strange season so far.

Covid has done some crazy things to football that’s for sure.

I turned it off at 5-1 but Villa were flying it really didn’t flatter them.

Definitely been a bonkers season. Today’s results, 5-2 for Leicester against City. Even the 4-3 Liverpool/Leeds game was a little crazy.

First time the champions have ever let in 7 in a league game.

Shows that even the best can panic it was a bit similar to our game a few early goals everyone goes into panic mode and they can't get out of it.

Klopp was suggesting pre game that the Allyson injury could be for quite a few weeks as well.

aren't all these results just because there has been no pre season?

Not sure because Liverpool did have a proper pre season they just look all over the place at the back at the moment.

Yesterday they were missing 3 of the regular starting XI Allison, Henderson and Mane. Think Gomez was playing his first game back after injury as well.

Think part of it is down to nearly all top teams playing this high risk style of passing from the back if you have an off day while doing it you can get absolutely ripped to pieces because the team doesn't know how to just pull together and hold the fort for 5-10 minutes. They keep trying to passing stuff and get picked off by opponents.

Your backup keeper gifting the opponent the first goal probably doesn't help when it comes to setting the tone but when they score to make it 2-1 you think they'll get a grip now but they didn't they carried on falling to bits.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back