Lingard to Leave?

jsp

Top Poster Of Month

I guess with his new agent you'd hope that he can get himself some good offers not sure what clubs would be willing to pay for him Roma I'm guessing would look for a loan whereas Atletico would probably buy.

I do think Utd should sell him in the summer bit like Lukaku or Smalling just a player who needs a fresh start and a new challenge.

If he could get a move to Atlético that’d be great for him. At this moment in time it’s a step up.

I know he's got off field stuff going on that might stop him moving abroad and he's just had a kid (I don't think he's in a relationship with the mother) so I don't see him being desperate to move abroad.

Atletico is a tough club at the moment they're sort of stuck in transition they want to take on a new style but they can't let go of the old ways but the guys who were the masters of the old ways are kind of gone. Godin and Gabi are gone and Costa just isn't the same player anymore.

Formality really just protecting his transfer value.

Now we’re in Europa he might get some playing time as Ole will use the squad in that competition.

He probably needs to get out on loan in January and play some football and get a decent move in the summer.

Be a good move they've got a bit of money behind them since the new owners came in and a lovely part of the world to live in.

Hopefully he can get some games and attract the interest of a new club as the lad needs a fresh start.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has sanctioned Jesse Lingard's loan move from Manchester United during the January transfer window and the final decision now rests with the club's board, sources have told ESPN.

Wherever he ends up I hope it goes well and he gets a move in the summer think he's taken a lot of flack from Utd fans at times some of it has been a result of his own behaviour off the pitch messing about on social media but things have just gone wrong for him since 2018.

Needs a fresh start as he's a good player just not good enough for Utd if he could get a club like Leicester or Southampton to take a chance on him I think he'd do well in a team like that.

Lingard had a great career, given how truly limited he is as a player. He scored some beautiful, crucial goals. It's remarkable that he was able to come back from injury and force his way back into the side, which I think speaks to his drive and professionalism. The social media stuff I don't care about at all. I loved that Lingard was a United fan from birth and I loved that he made it in the first team, but he doesn't have enough in his bag of tricks to play for United. If he leaves, I wish him the best.

Joined West Ham on loan. Good luck to him. Think he'll do well with a fresh start. Isn't anywhere near as bad as he's made out to be or has been recently. Hopefully it helps his confidence.

Think that's a great move for him West Ham are playing well this season really high up in the table hopefully he can get plenty of games and show clubs his value. He never actually played a first team game under Moyes he went on the pre season tour with them but then went out on loans for that season as part of his development and made his debut the following season under LVG.

Lingard apparently hasn't given up all hopes of staying at Utd if he can impress on loan according to reports.

Apparently West Ham are paying a £3m loan fee plus his wages for the rest of the season.

You have to assume that with him leaving the boss has been impressed by Diallo in training and is considering him for first team squads.

Hope it works out for Lingard and becomes a permanent move. He was never good enough to be a United player imo, and I'm speculating but I think he was one of the players that contributed to a weak dressing room culture here before Ole cleaned things up, ie practicing dance moves and handshakes in the dressing room & posting it online when we're in 6th place, that stuff doesn't seem to happen now. Think he sealed his fate when he signed with Raiola also.

I think until 2018 he was a decent squad player at a club like Utd but since then he’s been awful nowhere near the standard.problem was between 2014-18 we just didn’t have good enough first team players to keep a player like him on the bench and be that squad player because he was better than the flops that kept arriving.

I think he will do well and hopefully he secures a permanent move and gets his careers back on track as the last 2 1/2 seasons have just been a waste for him.

Sounds like he wants to stay but really think the club should be pushing him out the door.

If he does stay he needs another contract.

Sounds like he wants to stay but really think the club should be pushing him out the door.

If he does stay he needs another contract.
Agreed not good enough for United Cocky and arrogant without the ability file with Kieran Richardson

I like Lingard, he had a good run in the team and stayed in the team even when he probably should have been dropped. I think his time with United should be at a close because when he should have been hitting his pick right about now, he's been in decline. He is a born and bred United fan and got to play 133 times for the senior team in about 5 years, which is any schoolboy footballer's dream. Thanks for the memories and good luck in your next club.

there are quite a few players I'd be getting rid of before Lingard, problem is, no one will want them.

Agreed not good enough for United Cocky and arrogant without the ability file with Kieran Richardson

I don't get that from him at all very talented footballer just not quite at the Utd level and in terms of attitude seems a great lad to have around the camp. Just look at the way all those West Ham players were instantly drawn to him when he went there.

Keeps himself in great shape and works his nuts off never once thought he's not even trying he just wasn't good enough.

Might have had a bit of a wobble off the field a few years back when he really blew up but looks like that is behind him now and his focus is back on his football.

His problem at Utd is Bruno plays in his spot and we've got a growing collection of wide players which is a position he's never really looked great in so maybe just needs to accept the situation and move on.

Like many players now though probably prepared to take that gamble and run his contract down as better offers will be around next summer which isn't good for Utd who were probably hoping to bank a reasonably decent fee for him this summer to help pay for some new signings.

I don't get that from him at all very talented footballer just not quite at the Utd level and in terms of attitude seems a great lad to have around the camp. Just look at the way all those West Ham players were instantly drawn to him when he went there.

Keeps himself in great shape and works his nuts off never once thought he's not even trying he just wasn't good enough.

Might have had a bit of a wobble off the field a few years back when he really blew up but looks like that is behind him now and his focus is back on his football.

His problem at Utd is Bruno plays in his spot and we've got a growing collection of wide players which is a position he's never really looked great in so maybe just needs to accept the situation and move on.

Like many players now though probably prepared to take that gamble and run his contract down as better offers will be around next summer which isn't good for Utd who were probably hoping to bank a reasonably decent fee for him this summer to help pay for some new signings.
Not a United player for me mate that said I hope he proves me wrong

Not a United player for me mate that said I hope he proves me wrong

I get that he's not Utd quality I just don't get why people attack his attitude all the time.

All that lad wants to do is play for Utd and he's not prepared to give up on that dream just yet he's got a contract so he's going to wait to try and prove Ole wrong one last time.

I don't think he'll get many opportunities given the numbers in the squad right now with Mata staying as well surely Lingard is at best 3rd choice as the "number 10" if we're moving to a 4-3-3 as reported previously he doesn't really fit in that system. No Europa League games (at least before Xmas) so at best he's looking at league cup matches.

you say that, you taking Lingard form last couple of months, or Bruno's?

FORM IS TEMPORARY CLASS IS PERMANENT

I'd take Bruno's last 2 seasons overs Lingards good 2 months every day of every week and twice on Sundays.

Lingard rocking up at a club fresh as a daisy and killing it during the run in was hardly surprising.

Bruno limped home at the end of the season like many players running on absolute empty because of our crazy fixture schedule that lad hardly had a week off for about 2 seasons.

He was far from the only one running on absolute fumes by the end of the season because the squad was light up top but he still got us second in the league and helped us reach a europa final.

you say that, you taking Lingard form last couple of months, or Bruno's?
Can’t believe there is any sort of criticism of Bruno in any form! He has absolutely carried us since he arrived here, hasn’t really had any breaks and when he was benched he’s had to come on and rescue us. It is not surprising he was running on empty towards the end of the season and in the WC.

So to sum up, even if Lingard smashed in 20 goals in 10 games for West Ham, I would still take Bruno every day of the week.

Bruno doesn't get a free pass from me, we've won nothing and he's done poor in the big games. He's form at the end of season was dire.

Of course I'm not saying Lingard gets in above him, but hes not undropable, as Portugal proved. and in some games, bringing Lingard on instead might have helped. Lingard does normally turn up in the big games/finals to be fair to him.

So far he's played 80 games for the club scoring 40 goals and also scoring highly for chances created and assists he is for me the best player to pull on a Utd shirt since Rooney's decline as a world class force in 2013. He has stepped up and been the man for this team time and time again digging us out of holes.

80 games in just over 15 months of being a Utd player he signed for us basically Jan 2020 so with the stoppage for covid and the short pre season those 80 games have probably been in about 12 months of actual playing time. Ole has got to be brave to bench him here and there to recharge those batteries which didn't happen last season and he did fizzle out .

Watch this side before Bruno arrived was painful we were truly awful and the managers job was seriously on the line Bruno changed that fired us up the table with a late surge to third and last season was key to getting us into second.

Yes in some of the bigger games he needs to try and contribute a bit more but as a team I think we need to be better in those big games as I felt in the big games last season after Spurs Ole was happy for draws and stalemates rather than being bold and going for wins.

Lingard had 2 really really poor seasons at Utd he should have left the club 12 months ago lets not forget that he played his way out of the club with his performances in 2019/20 he didn't register a goal or assist until the final day of the season.

If they want to keep Lingard then why are we also signing on Mata for another season? Why have three number 10's when you know one of them is going to play 90% of the games.

So he's palyed too much. So my point about bringing Lingard on in games stands. Certainly a better option than DVDB

VDB, Mata, Martial, James there's plenty of players who should have contributed a lot more last season but Mata seemed to be on compassionate leave at one point and Martial suffered injuries.

The point where we probably needed Lingard to step in he was already away on loan and shortly after that loan from memory Martial got injured and Mata was absent hense why Rashford hobbled to the end of the season on one leg and Bruno was forced to play almost every minute.

So do you actually think it's a good decision to keep Lingard around this season?

Some lads just need to go and for me he's one of them.

No, I think Lingard should be sold.

But I think there are a few should be shipped out the door before him, but they won't because he's the only one that will bring money in.

I mean it's easier to count the players I wouldn't sell than the ones I would which highlights the problems within our squad caused by years of terrible management not clearing out overpaid and under performing staff.

You give these boys contracts and the status that comes with being a Utd player and it's hard for them to give that up I mean if West Ham aren't making a serious bid for him what more can we do? There's also the question of does he want to actually join them?

I hope he moves on think it's good for everyone but my fear is we price him out of a move because I just don't think clubs will pay what we think he's worth.

He's an academy lad so not like he "owes" us a big fee if a decent offer comes from a club he wants to join the club should do the right thing and let him go even if that means taking a bit less than we might have wanted.

like I say, we're chasing a game, at the moment, hes one of our most effective subs to make. So as much I don't think he's good enough for us, he's better than most on our bench.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back