Lingard to Leave?

jsp

I guess with his new agent you'd hope that he can get himself some good offers not sure what clubs would be willing to pay for him Roma I'm guessing would look for a loan whereas Atletico would probably buy.

I do think Utd should sell him in the summer bit like Lukaku or Smalling just a player who needs a fresh start and a new challenge.

IDFD

If he could get a move to Atlético that’d be great for him. At this moment in time it’s a step up.

jsp

I know he's got off field stuff going on that might stop him moving abroad and he's just had a kid (I don't think he's in a relationship with the mother) so I don't see him being desperate to move abroad.

Atletico is a tough club at the moment they're sort of stuck in transition they want to take on a new style but they can't let go of the old ways but the guys who were the masters of the old ways are kind of gone. Godin and Gabi are gone and Costa just isn't the same player anymore.

jsp

Formality really just protecting his transfer value.

Now we’re in Europa he might get some playing time as Ole will use the squad in that competition.

He probably needs to get out on loan in January and play some football and get a decent move in the summer.

jsp

Be a good move they've got a bit of money behind them since the new owners came in and a lovely part of the world to live in.

Hopefully he can get some games and attract the interest of a new club as the lad needs a fresh start.

jsp

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has sanctioned Jesse Lingard's loan move from Manchester United during the January transfer window and the final decision now rests with the club's board, sources have told ESPN.

Wherever he ends up I hope it goes well and he gets a move in the summer think he's taken a lot of flack from Utd fans at times some of it has been a result of his own behaviour off the pitch messing about on social media but things have just gone wrong for him since 2018.

Needs a fresh start as he's a good player just not good enough for Utd if he could get a club like Leicester or Southampton to take a chance on him I think he'd do well in a team like that.

Cosmic Slop

Lingard had a great career, given how truly limited he is as a player. He scored some beautiful, crucial goals. It's remarkable that he was able to come back from injury and force his way back into the side, which I think speaks to his drive and professionalism. The social media stuff I don't care about at all. I loved that Lingard was a United fan from birth and I loved that he made it in the first team, but he doesn't have enough in his bag of tricks to play for United. If he leaves, I wish him the best.

IDFD

Joined West Ham on loan. Good luck to him. Think he'll do well with a fresh start. Isn't anywhere near as bad as he's made out to be or has been recently. Hopefully it helps his confidence.

jsp

Think that's a great move for him West Ham are playing well this season really high up in the table hopefully he can get plenty of games and show clubs his value. He never actually played a first team game under Moyes he went on the pre season tour with them but then went out on loans for that season as part of his development and made his debut the following season under LVG.

Lingard apparently hasn't given up all hopes of staying at Utd if he can impress on loan according to reports.

Apparently West Ham are paying a £3m loan fee plus his wages for the rest of the season.

You have to assume that with him leaving the boss has been impressed by Diallo in training and is considering him for first team squads.

RemiMoses_82

Hope it works out for Lingard and becomes a permanent move. He was never good enough to be a United player imo, and I'm speculating but I think he was one of the players that contributed to a weak dressing room culture here before Ole cleaned things up, ie practicing dance moves and handshakes in the dressing room & posting it online when we're in 6th place, that stuff doesn't seem to happen now. Think he sealed his fate when he signed with Raiola also.

jsp

I think until 2018 he was a decent squad player at a club like Utd but since then he’s been awful nowhere near the standard.problem was between 2014-18 we just didn’t have good enough first team players to keep a player like him on the bench and be that squad player because he was better than the flops that kept arriving.

I think he will do well and hopefully he secures a permanent move and gets his careers back on track as the last 2 1/2 seasons have just been a waste for him.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now