Lingard at the World Cup

Saw some stats suggesting he's had over 90% pass completion in every game so far as well.

I'm loving the energy he's bringing to that role and the runs he makes in behind once it goes into strikers plus he just seems to be loving it out there and that must be great for the camp to have someone like that.

Lovely cross for the Alli goal as well and from the sound of it that was something they've worked on it training.

I've always been a fan of him but I can't say I expected this much from him, I often compared him to Park Ji Sung in terms of his work rate, intelligence and being a squad player that would do a job in the big games but he's much more than that and is much on the ball than Park ever was. He is an absolute credit to our academy and club and fair play to him for listening to Fergie and having the patience to stick with United despite not getting much of a chance before he was 22/23 years old. Not many players or even clubs for that matter that show this patience and perhaps more should have that patience instead of chasing it at 17/18/19.

I love the role he's crafted for himself for both club and Country. He's not the most talented player but he works hard, comes up big in big moments and doesn't stop running. Every team and squad needs a player like that. He's done his reputation the world of good at this WC.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back