Lindelof to Wolves on loan?

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Newly promoted Wolves want to take Manchester United's 23-year-old Swedish defender Victor Lindelof on loan as they prepare for life in the Premier League.

Rumour started in the the sun but not that left field as Lindelof’s agent is Mendez who basically is director of football at Wolves.

If Utd were to sign a CB in the summer him doing a season on loan playing plenty of games might not be the end of the world as he doesn’t look ready yet.

I think this makes a lot of sense really. He needs time to adapt to the EPL and given that we need to be focused on closing the gap to Citeh we can't afford to let him do that here

He looks like a good CB but to be honest at this point I don't see him making it at United. I think he will go out on loan and we won't see him again

Assuming all our CBs stay in the summer and that 1 comes in that means 1 has to go and I think a loan move for him makes sense.

Personally I'd look to sell Jones or Rojo because of their injuries but if that can't happen then letting Lindelof a season out on loan makes some sense and you'd hope the relationship between Mourinho & Mendes would help make sure he's given plenty of playing time in what I think could be a decent Wolves side next season.

Personally I'd look to sell Jones or Rojo because of their injuries

I mean you've got to wonder at what point do we accept that they are injury prone and move on? They can have all the talent and ability in the world. The best ability to have? Availability and they just don't have it.

I mean you've got to wonder at what point do we accept that they are injury prone and move on? They can have all the talent and ability in the world. The best ability to have? Availability and they just don't have it.

I gave up on Jones years ago, Smalling has kind of won me over as an alright back up player, Rojo really impressed me last season before his injury but I thought the club would move him on.

An injury prone player is no use to anyone and Bailly is starting to creep into that situation as well.

Just cracks me up this, he has had a year to adapt, is not a kid is 23 years old, bought for 35m quid, and after about 10 games he now needs to be loaned out so is in the same bracket as Tuanzebe etc., jesus.

Nowhere near good enough to be a United CB, as long as the loan is with the option to buy at the end of it then all good, Alderweideld and Bailly then beyond them two I really don't care who stays or goes as there all as bad as each other.

Safe to say Lindelof has been a bit of a disaster

@Edgy1968 £35m sounds a lot until you compare it to Van Dijk at £75m.

Top teams are paying £50m plus for starting CBs now unless you get lucky and find someone with a release clause, I agree it's pretty poor that he's not ready but then the manager has to take responsibility for that because he's barely used him this season and I'll be honest and say apart from 1 or 2 real shockers early on I think Lindelof has done ok in his first season.

The only logic I see to loaning him out is if we want to sign someone like Alderwiereld we need to sell at least 2 centre backs if we can't sell 2 of the current crop then Lindelof doing a year out on loan isn't the end of the world.

Sad state of affairs now that signing players for £30m is basically a gamble if you want the sure thing now it's £50m plus which is scary.

Thing is Van Dijk was that price as Southampton new they had just received €130 odd for Coutinho so that was always going to be well over the top price wise.

Liverpool got Salah for 30m mate and he's done alright, I just don't think he looks trustworthy as a CB and has been used in games where he should not be troubled to much, if he was put up for sale tomorrow I would be stunned if any top teams, even half decent teams came in for him, he just looks a very poor CB IMO.

35m for a CB who can't be trusted and is having to be loaned to Wolves to see if he can hack the Premier League yet were happy to take 15/20m for Smalling, Jones, probably Rojo who have all proved that they can hack it in the league haha wtf

Liverpool got Salah before the market went bonkers and because Roma are mugs they thought they'd get Mahrez as a replacement for Salah and have change left over which shows just how out of touch there are with prem prices as they couldn't believe it when Leicester asked for £50m for Mahrez, reports are he's off to City in the summer for £60m. Thing is now Van Dijk has gone for £75m that's the bench mark for all future deals so if you want another PL clubs best player who's under a long contract you've got to pay the price. If you want an obvious marker of inflation in football 3 seasons ago Lovren (who everyone thought was world class) cost Liverpool £25m now going back for Van Dijk similar profile costs 3 times the price.

I tend to agree that based on what I've seen so far the queue wouldn't be out the door if he was put up for sale, I think he might thrive in a different league like Spain or Italy as positionally he's good and he's good on the ball but he's not very strong in the air and doesn't appear to be that quick which is a worry as unless we pump him full of Pep juice I don't know how we solve that.

Smalling/Jones/Rojo to me all look like Palace defenders nothing about them says 9/10 defender you can rely on and if they played for other clubs none of us would want to sign them.

I think there was always something odd about the Lindelof deal we let him sign a new deal then agreed to buy him someone somewhere (his agent) got paid and Utd probably got ripped off a bit maybe for future favours down the line but from the very first game he played you could see this guy doesn't look like a PL centre back. He looks like the kind of CB Arsenal sign great on the ball but every striker over 6ft 3 can't wait to play him because he'll dominate him.

I still have faith in Lindelof. No point loaning him out, keep him in the squad.

I think Lindelof has come on a lot this season and has had a much better 2nd half of the season. He's been better than Bailly in the 2nd half of the season, who's gone massively out of favour since being caught out of position a number of times in the derby, he's also had a terrible knack of misjudging crosses. He had a much better game on Sunday though. I'm a big fan of Bailly though and would like to see him Lindelof partner each other in the long term, I think they've got a bit of a Rio/Vidic type partnership potentially.

I still have faith in Lindelof. No point loaning him out, keep him in the squad.
Yeah I think it’s ridiculous to send him out on loan, he has had a tough first season but there are many better players before him that have struggled initially. I remember when Vidic and Evra arrived, they looked like fishes out of water but came good.

I am happy for him to remain in the squad and he has the potential to be a starter for us. Yes it’s not quite worked this season but put him in a stable partnership I do think he will be good for us.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He was getting better as the season went on I wouldn’t be against a loan but if they don’t trust him then move him on and get someone who is.

I think he deserves another year to prove himself.

I think a loan deal could be a good idea. He's still young and a year of playing first team football in the prem without the pressure of it being for United could be great for him.

I think a loan deal could be a good idea. He's still young and a year of playing first team football in the prem without the pressure of it being for United could be great for him.

Mean we probably have to keep Smalling & Jones for another season though :(

he'll be cracking in the world cup and come back a new player :)

Seriously, I can't see Jose getting rid after one season, even on loan. That wouldn't be a fair crack.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back