Leicester v Man Utd - Premier League Final Day Sunday 26th July 2020 - 16.00 kick off

Great result, which is all that counts.

Not a great performance. Too narrow too often. We need to improve an awful lot if we're going to challenge the top two.

Yeah we sort of scraped through but considering where we were at the turn of the year it's actually a great achievement. Big summer coming up in terms of transfers. This is the point we need to bring in the right amount of quality players

Congratulations. The first half had me wondering if it was gonna be one of those days. I'm surprised Vardy didn't do his stanky leg dive to try and win a penalty.

Happy for Jesse Lingard and think that would be the perfect way for him to end his United career.

Old boy Jonny Evans was probably our most important player today, giving away the pen and then getting himself a straight red. Once a red, always a red. Good lad, Jonny.

Really impressed with Williams today. The kid is something special. He will be challenging for best fullback in the world in a few years.

Round of applause for Ole. The doubters were always ready with the knives. I never wavered. He got rid of egos and dead wood. He brought in players who play for the badge and who have the right attitude and desire. He has kept faith with the youth players. He's got it wrong a couple times - but which manager hasn't? Because we finish in 3rd, that should ease our transfer saga.

Bruno's impact can't be overstated. Whoever the scout was who brought us his name, give that man a fat bonus and ask who else is on his list. Give Bruno another player on his wavelength and we will be beating teams before the kickoff.

I think my lineup would have fared better. Our CBs were put under undue pressure because we didn't have the solid shield in front of them which we would have had with McTominay alongside Matic. Matic is seeing age catch up with him. Being older than Matic, I saw first hand how it happens. Your mind still sends the same signals but your body doesn't respond with the same sharpness. Today we saw him give away a couple of bad fouls and last game he did the same. It's because he's still doing what he did in years prior but now that half-second is gone in reaction speed.

Hopefully the owners will get their wallets out. Ole has us headed in the right direction, but it's going to be fleeting if we don't strengthen. I think we are solid with solid cover in a lot of positions, but we could stand to bring in a real right sided winger. We could also use a Solskjaer / Sheringham type of striker who is okay with reduced minutes. We definitely need a new box to box player who can push Bruno and Pogba. I think McTominay is good cover for Matic and can learn from him, but beyond him we are short. I think Fred should be shipped out, I don't even trust him starting from the bench.

It's been a rollercoaster ride of a season but I am more hopeful now than at any time since Fergie's last game.

We’ve done it though guys back at the big boys table and with a third place finish.

Now we need to push on again. Not fighting for top 4 but top 4 with ease. Closer to the top of the table and another building block. See how we start the season before getting carried away about any title bid. A very big summer ahead.

Williams has a good game I like him depends if we want to wait for him to make that LB his or do we buy imo we’re still 5 players short , but really happy with 3rd

Wasn’t pretty but the job was done in typical Utd style wouldn’t be Utd if they didn’t at least have you touching cloth at some point.

We rode a few waves but eventually got the break.

3 points and somehow we end up 3rd.

The club hopefully has some security now financially, let’s go all out to win that Europa league on the pitch and off the pitch let’s give this squad the strength it will need to add 15-20 points next season in the league and make sure we can compete in the CL.

Before the Europa League starts back Ole should take the whole squad on a warm weather break to Wigan Pier

Be interesting after the game to see a first 19 games table and a second 19 games table. I feel the results have began improving.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back